Would the Pats Be Terrible Without Brady?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Would the Pats Be Terrible Without Brady?

In Response to Would the Pats Be Terrible Without Brady?:
         Accordingly to Bob Ryan...yes...though not as bad as the Colts are:   http://www.boston.com/sports/video/globe10/?bctid=1304892141001      No slight on Tom, but I completely disagree. The Pats won 11 games without Brady in 2008...and would manage to win 7-10 games without him this year. The truth of the matter is that Bill Polian has done a lousy job of putting a team together in Indy. He has let the Colts grow old...and did not groom a QB to eventually replace the aging Peyton Manning. Let's not forget that the Colts barely won the weak AFC South last year...having to win their last five games in a row to  hold off Jacksonville, and finish 10-6.       What's you're take on this?         
    Posted by TexasPat3

Pats may still do well, but, the same question could be posed for any team with a top tier QB.  Saints without Brees, Packers without Rodgers etc...  Another good question would be:  What top tier team would fare the best if they lost their top tier QB? Considering how the Pats did in 2008 without Brady, my money would be on the Pats. The Pats missed the playoffs due to a fluke that year with a couple teams with worse records than the Pats making it that year. BB knows how to coach up a team and many are still amazed at what he has done with another patchwork defense.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Would the Pats Be Terrible Without Brady?:
    In Response to Re: Would the Pats Be Terrible Without Brady? : People conveniently forget he wasn't so successful Bradyless in 2000 and cling to the anemic 2008 schedule as the BB gospel. As Pat's coach without Brady he is 16-16. That is the fact. Let the spin begin.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Babe, given what we are seeing with the Colts, this would not be an issue only for the Pats.  As I posted earlier, take away a top tier QB from any team, how would they fare?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

In Response to Re: Would the Pats Be Terrible Without Brady?:
    In Response to Re: Would the Pats Be Terrible Without Brady? : You don't think Harvin, Shiancoe and Adrian Peterson are talented? I certainly do.  Peterson continues to dominate even though everyone and their Grandmother know he is coming at them.  And I understand why they are going with Ponder ... they think he can develop.  But McNabb handled the offense better, even if he is a dead end. 
    Posted by zbellino

if this board was regulated u should would prob get banned for saying shianco is talented

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB believes in preparedness for any possible injury.  Once in preseason he was suddenly running a substitute QB onto the field with the first team, just to see if Hoyer was ready.  I haven't seen another coach try this test. 

Hoyer isn't great, but he apparently would be competent and he would have great offensive tools in front of him.  My guess is that even rookie Mallett would prove adequate.  The Patriots are a team with three guys -- Welker, Gronk and Hernandez -- all waving their hands in the air and hoping to get the football.  The two tight end line pushes people around, and the Law Firm has yet to fumble a football in his career,

Last year the Patriot defense was 31st in passing yards given up, and yet they were 14-2.  This year they're 8-3 and next they're facing Indianapolis and Washington, two Rodney Dangerfield teams.  I don't care how bad the defense supposedly is, a 22-5 record puts the lie into those claims, and the D would carry the team to a few victories when needed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPATT. Show SANPATT's posts

Patriots would be terrible without BB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In 2008 they did not make the playoff but I truly felt at the end of the season they were the best team in the AFC. I don't know if this year they are the best team in the AFC with Brady. However, going forward this team seems like they are going to be good for a while at OL, TE, LB, and have figure out the DL. They are at least average at RB. They need to do something long term at safety hope between Arrington, Dowling, and  McCorty they figured out CB. I think they are/would be better then Colts if Brady went down.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Cassel is not a horrible QB. The Chiefs have a horrible O-line which is why he has not had the ability to play the same as he did here. Our O-line was one of the most dominant in history for the 2007-2008 seasons.

Cassel did something even Brady hasn't done - post back to back 400 yard games. He had a great year on the Pats and then has played at a fairly high level for the Chiefs, who prior to him were really awful. He even earned a Pro Bowl his first year with them, and has taken them decently far the last two seasons.

That said, I think that the Pats have been great at identifying talent in almost every spot on the field with the exception of a WR, which is a crapshoot for almost any team. I think that the Pats might be able to win 10-11 games with Hoyer or Mallett as the QB. Keep in mind that even the games we've lost so far were lost by a total of only 15 points...

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts