3. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Re: would the pats trade a first in 2011

crack head

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

I highly doubt it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ciscob1. Show Ciscob1's posts

Are you kidding me?  Crabtree?  Heck No! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If you want Crabtree wait till he sits out the season and re-enters the draft. I'll bet he doesn't get picked in the top 25, maybe not even in the first. Besides it would have to be a sign and trade since there is no way we would trade a #1 pick for a wr that wants a huge contract and wants to re-enter the draft. Anyways you seriously want to trade a #1 for a 3rd wr? What are you nuts, and on top of that sign him to a expensive contract that he wants and not have the money to pay Wilfork and Mankins?

As for the LB, that is a bit more reasonable but I can't see them trading a #1 in 2011 simply because of the potentail for a capped rookie contract. That's like the golden goose landing in your hand (hence why they wanted Raiders 2011 pick and not the 2nd and 5th 2010 that was offered). However, I can see one of their 2010 2nds being trading to grab someone depending on how bad Mayo's knee really is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

In Response to would the pats trade a first in 2011:
    [QUOTE]for a top linebacker or why not try to get the rights to crabtree
    Posted by vegasredsox[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking, what if they tried to get Peppers from Carolina with at 2011 #1 pick....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Acquiring Crabtree would be one of the most illogical moves in history.  This team needs help in the front 7 on defense, particularly at linebacker.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: would the pats trade a first in 2011:
    [QUOTE]If you want Crabtree wait till he sits out the season and re-enters the draft. I'll bet he doesn't get picked in the top 25, maybe not even in the first. Besides it would have to be a sign and trade since there is no way we would trade a #1 pick for a wr that wants a huge contract and wants to re-enter the draft. Anyways you seriously want to trade a #1 for a 3rd wr? What are you nuts, and on top of that sign him to a expensive contract that he wants and not have the money to pay Wilfork and Mankins? As for the LB, that is a bit more reasonable but I can't see them trading a #1 in 2011 simply because of the potentail for a capped rookie contract. That's like the golden goose landing in your hand (hence why they wanted Raiders 2011 pick and not the 2nd and 5th 2010 that was offered). However, I can see one of their 2010 2nds being trading to grab someone depending on how bad Mayo's knee really is.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]well said if they trade any picks they won't be any of the acquired picks as they know every other teams picks are likely to be better than theirs,now if you want Crabtree just wait noone is going to draft him next year he is a cancer!!!He wants too much for being an unproven talent,the same hold true for any player being paid stupid money for being drafted in the fiorst round!!!Thats is why BB traded away their first round draft choice 2 years in a row!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

They got a 2011 pick because there is a high possibility that pick is going to be much cheaper than number one picks in 2010 due to rookie contract limits. They aren't doing anything with the 2011 pick until they find out what happens with that situation. If the 2011 picks are capped, then they will keep a high number one and get a great player for it. If it isn't capped, then they will trade it.

Why would anyone want Crabtree? If he's putting up a stink now about the deal he was offered, then imagine the stink he's going to put up when he gets picked even lower in the next draft. The guy is an idiot. We don't need players like him. We need more players like Mayo, who signed his contract without an argument and focused on football.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

No on Crabtree, not even close to being a Belichick type move so that just makes me think that you dont watch football. And no on the linebacker, maybe we sign a FA or go with the guys we have but we wont trade a #1 for anyone. Who could we even get for a #1?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

We still have Brandon Tate, I bet he's going to be the steal of the 2009 draft. The 2011 pick could even be higher then Seymores #6 that we got him for in the first place. 2011 could have a rookie salary structure which makes the pick all that more valuable. I'd consider trading it for Patrick Willis though. Willis and Mayo in the middle would be something to watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

PatsEng, it wouldn't need to be a sign and trade, since you can trade the rights to players look at the Rivers - Eli deal)  Also, I don't see the 49ers getting anything more than a 2nd rounder for him, other teams will have all of the leverage in those negotiations.

Philskiw, as much as I would love to see Willis in NE, it's not happening, esp not for just that first rounder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The 49ers have one player that puts butts in the seats other then Gore and its Willis. No way they trade Willis for anything. Wont happen but keep dreaming.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from radosox. Show radosox's posts

One week gone. No way a top linebacker is going to be available.  Every team feels they are still in it. (remember Arizona last year).  Pats may look at a vet that is waiting to be signed.  Otherwise they go with what they have until Mayo comes back.   One nice thing about their current crop of LBs is they have young, hungry, athletic players (unlike last year).  This is probably the main reason they passed on Brooks yesterday.  Why bring in someone else that needs to learn their system when you have strong young talent already there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]One week gone. No way a top linebacker is going to be available.  Every team feels they are still in it. (remember Arizona last year).  Pats may look at a vet that is waiting to be signed.  Otherwise they go with what they have until Mayo comes back.   One nice thing about their current crop of LBs is they have young, hungry, athletic players (unlike last year).  This is probably the main reason they passed on Brooks yesterday.  Why bring in someone else that needs to learn their system when you have strong young talent already there.
    Posted by radosox[/QUOTE]

I hope everyone is happy that we signed TBC. That was a good move.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]We still have Brandon Tate, I bet he's going to be the steal of the 2009 draft. The 2011 pick could even be higher then Seymores #6 that we got him for in the first place. 2011 could have a rookie salary structure which makes the pick all that more valuable. I'd consider trading it for Patrick Willis though. Willis and Mayo in the middle would be something to watch.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

No it wouldn't need to be a sign and trade, but who would trade for the rights to a player who is holding out on contract issues for insane money? That's why I would think it would have to be a sign and trade cause the Pats in no way would trade a pick on someone who might hold out and re-enter the draft

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

They'd trade the 2011 pick, yes.  If if part of a deal that nets Peppers or Ware complete with contract extension.

I doubt either happens.

Sections
Shortcuts