would the signing of vick make you an anti pat fan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

would the signing of vick make you an anti pat fan?

me and bub were talking about this on another thread.we were both hopeing that the signing of vick wouldnt happen for it would really test our fanhood.as much as i am upset for what he done.i dont think i could bail out on my team for so many years.it may be difficult to have to watch the guy,but its the pats that i am only intreasted in.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: would the signing of vick make you an anti pat fan?

If Vick was signed by the Pats I would not be a fan of the team until he left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

it would not bother me in the least.. I don't like the guy but if BB brought him in I would have trust that he knows more about MV and his situation than I do. We don't even need to discuss the football aspect of it..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If the Pats signed Vick as much as I want to say I would turn my back on teh team....I wouldnt. I might stop posting on a pro pats web site and I might try to stop supporting this team but i think in the end i would still be a Pats fan. However for teh sake of thsi argument I will say f*ck Mike Vick and if he is a Pat I am not watching the team anymore.....MVPKilla = full of sh*t LOL but I would try to hate them! lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

I'm first a fan of the team and then an individual player.

Having said that,  I believe a person deserves a second chance and the Pats are as good as any other team to provide that chance.  The Pats have an excellent track record with malcontent players. 
    Couple this with the fact Mike Vick cannot make another mistake I think it would be a good move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Vick is worst than a malcontent. Moss and Dillon were malcontents, Vick is criminal, and a hienous one at that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Who are those guys under those helmets, anyway?

What do we know about them?

They're mercenaries who bash into each other for our entertainment.

When all is said and done, I'm with Jerry Seinfeld.

I root for the laundry.

Put a helmet on Osama bin Laden.

If he can get to the quarterback, I'll root for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from otto101. Show otto101's posts

I'd still root for the Pats, but I don't think we need him as a 3rd string QB.  Also, I can't believe the Kraft family wants him or the aggravation that comes with it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Signing Vick wouldn't make any difference for me.  I would be interested to see how he is used.  But it will never happen, the only people talking about Vick in NE is the media and that's as far as it will ever get.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

wow, I'm actually shocked at the responses this post got.  I was for sure people would say they wouldn't support the pats if the signed MV7.  I would still be a fan.  I believe if you are a fan, you are a fan through the ups and downs, the highs and the lows.  Some decisions made by management might hurt, but you have to trust they are doing it to make the team better. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I would still be a fan.  I don't care for Vick as a person, and also thought he was overrated as a player.  I doubt the Pats will pick him up anyway.  That said, if you believe in giving someone a second chance after paying his debt to society, I guess there are few spots in the NFL where someone would be more apt to get their head where it belongs than with the Pats.  If the Colts still had Pope John Paul Dungy the IV, that would have been a good place too.

I hope this remains a hypothetical discussion.  Do we really look like our offense isn't fairly well stocked as is?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I might still love the Pats if they signed Vick but still just to be clear F*CK MIKE VICK HE S UCKED BEFORE JAIL AND HE WILL S UCK AFTER JAIL LETS JUST HOPE ITS NOT WITH THE PATS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I suppose I'll always be a fan of the team. However, I would be truly disappointed were they to sign Vick. I don't go to games, as I live 1000 miles from Foxboro, but if I did I may be inclined to boo the rotten SOB. I would also hope he bombed out and got cut. But I don't think we need to worry about it, as the scenario seems highly unlikely. People talk about NE as a good place for players to adjust their attitudes, and use Moss and Dillon as examples. But those two guys were merely bad actors and malcontents, not sadistic psychotic dog-murdering criminals! There is a huge difference, IMO. In another thread Taz mentioned Terrell Owens. Now I can't stand that prima donna, but to me he's 1000 times more preferrable to Michael Vick! And also another bad comparison, as is Donte Stallworth, who accidently killed someone. Vick was malicious in his actions, he lied to his owner, the commissioner, and the law. Add that to the fact that (again, IMO) he is a marginal football player at best, and I simply cannot believe he'd have a place on this team. Nor would Kraft, Belichick, or the players want all the bad publicity and distractions he would bring with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Let me clarify one thing: when I said Taz mentioned TO it was to dispute what another poster said in comparing Vick to TO. Taz said exactly the same as I did, that while he hated TO, he wasn't as bad as Vick!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFan1979. Show PatsFan1979's posts

I've been a fan of the Pats for over 20 yrs now. Through the Rod Rust & Dick McPherson lean years. When we were 1-15 and won that game by only 2 pts. Despite that, I could NEVER EVER root for a team that signs Vick. What he did was beyond horrible. It was just sick. To all those people who say "oh, it's just dogs", that's ridiculous. Is there life as valuable as a human's? No, but that doesn't mean that they don't matter.

I will stop rooting for this team if they sign Vick, and won't start cheering for them again until Vick leaves the team. I feel the same for the Vikings (another team I'm a huge fan of) if they sign him.

For Pete's sake, he electrocuted dogs and slammed them to the ground until they died. He bankrolled the organization that was in charge of these dogfights. How could anyone ever root for this man?

Yes, people have done worse things - much worse things....but that doesn't make what Vick did right. He can come back into the league if he wants, just please let it not be for the Patriots.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from domitian. Show domitian's posts

In Response to Re: would the signing of vick make you an anti pat fan?:
    Who are those guys under those helmets, anyway? What do we know about them? They're mercenaries who bash into each other for our entertainment. When all is said and done, I'm with Jerry Seinfeld. I root for the laundry. Put a helmet on Osama bin Laden. If he can get to the quarterback, I'll root for him.
    Posted by prairiemike

Man, Osama couldn't get to the quarterback... but I bet he'd make a great wide receiver!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Another Vick thread, Sweet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

To me, a true fan supports their team through all it's ups and downs. There are very few situations where a "real" fan would walk away from a team. This is clearly one of them. I love the NFL, but (at least from a fan's perspective) it is a game. There are things in life that are far more important. And there is no way I would ever support a piece of garbage like Vick.

I don't think Vick is any better than a child molester, rapist or murderer. He is a sick coward with no conscience. I would stop supporting the Pats at least as long as he was on the team. And probably until Kraft sold or died. 

But this is moot. The Pats are on record as saying they have no interest. Anything else is simply a media smear campaign to tarnish the Pats image by associating them with that scumbag

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I root for the laundry. Put a helmet on Osama bin Laden. If he can get to the quarterback, I'll root for him.
    Posted by prairiemike

Well, according to Mel, he's got NFL size, 6'4, 6'5? Might need to bulk up a bit... He seems to be good at avoiding the military, so one left tackle shouldn't be a problem...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

In Response to Re: would the signing of vick make you an anti pat fan? : Well, according to Mel, he's got NFL size, 6'4, 6'5? Might need to bulk up a bit... He seems to be good at avoiding the military, so one left tackle shouldn't be a problem...
    Posted by Physics

Bin Laden would simply use his AK47 to blow the opposing O-line away. Then get out his grenade launcher for the QB...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

I've been a fan of the Pats for over 20 yrs now. Through the Rod Rust & Dick McPherson lean years. When we were 1-15 and won that game by only 2 pts. Despite that, I could NEVER EVER root for a team that signs Vick. What he did was beyond horrible. It was just sick. To all those people who say "oh, it's just dogs", that's ridiculous. Is there life as valuable as a human's? No, but that doesn't mean that they don't matter. I will stop rooting for this team if they sign Vick, and won't start cheering for them again until Vick leaves the team. I feel the same for the Vikings (another team I'm a huge fan of) if they sign him. For Pete's sake, he electrocuted dogs and slammed them to the ground until they died. He bankrolled the organization that was in charge of these dogfights. How could anyone ever root for this man? Yes, people have done worse things - much worse things....but that doesn't make what Vick did right. He can come back into the league if he wants, just please let it not be for the Patriots.....
    Posted by PatsFan1979

Roger Goodell really screwed this one up. He should have told him to see him in 2 years after he got out of jail.

As for the human versus dog arguement, that should be done on a case by case basis. I'd rather see a dog live than some POS on death row.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

They are not going to sign Vick, not just because of his heinous crimes, but also because he has never been good with a playbook. That is antithetical to Patriots philosophy. It is common knowledge that his IQ has never been high- the playbook they had in Atlanta was pared down, and if you've seen any of his games, you would know that most of his best plays come from broken plays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

If the Pats signed Vick as much as I want to say I would turn my back on teh team....I wouldnt. I might stop posting on a pro pats web site and I might try to stop supporting this team but i think in the end i would still be a Pats fan. However for teh sake of thsi argument I will say f*ck Mike Vick and if he is a Pat I am not watching the team anymore.....MVPKilla = full of sh*t LOL but I would try to hate them! lol
    Posted by MVPkilla

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

Posted by MVPkilla

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

As for the human versus dog arguement, that should be done on a case by case basis. I'd rather see a dog live than some POS on death row.

Can't argue with you there. As for me, in general I like dogs better than I like most people...they don't have to be on death row! The one thing that bothers me in this case, though, is the nature of the acts themselves. This type of torture (even though it was committed on animals) indicates deep rooted psycological issues. It was not simply shooting a dog who pinched a loaf in your yard, or kept you awake barking every night. This was torture. As another poster pointed out (I forget who) most serial killers started out torturing and killing animals, then "worked their way" up to humans. This type of violent anti-social behavior should have people outraged. But once again, because Vick is famous, and perceived to be some "super athlete", it is brushed aside with nary a thought. Any "regular Joe" caught doing the same thing would be remanded to the psycho ward for observation before being released into society, for fear of them committing these actions on fellow humans. Yet nobody has even mentioned that Vick may have severe mental problems. They simply claim he's "done his time" and should go on merrily with his old life. An 18 year old kid who has sex with a consenting 16 year old is branded for life as a sex offender, yet someone who tortured and killed another living being "deserves a second chance". So he didn't do this to another human...this time. It is the acts themselves that make it so disturbing (at least to me). Then there's Taz's argument. When guys like this are "forgiven" so easily, it sends a message to the next generation. Simply be talented and you can pretty much get away with anything. Some have blasted me for comparing Vick to guys like Manson or Dahmer. But they themselves compare him to Randy Moss and Corey Dillon! I think that my comparisons are much more realistic. As for the argument that "poor Michael has lost everything, and he's broke", that holds zero water with me, either. The sick SOB had a $130 million contract (plus probably three times that worth of endorsements), yet he had to run this dog fighting ring for more! IMO, he made his own bed, and if he sleeps badly in it that's his own fault! While I can't positively say I'd forsake my favorite team of 40 years should they sign this a-hole, I'd certainly not shed a tear if he suffered a hit that blew out his knees! Not that I'm wishing that on him or any other player. Simply that I'd see it more as "poetic justice" than a dirty hit. I know I'm biased as a lifelong animal lover. But even those who are not such should see the sadistic, psychotic implications in what this man did. Just my opinion! Hopefully we fans won't have to be tested by this choice, and Vick will find somewhere more suitable to play...like Oakland!

Sections
Shortcuts