Would these 5 improve the Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Would these 5 improve the Patriots?

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper makes his predictions through four rounds of the NFL draft, which accounts for five New England Patriots selections. His Picks: 

1. OLB Sergio Kindle (Texas) 
    2a. RB Jahvid Best (California) 
    2b. TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona) 
    2c. DE Linval Joseph (East Carolina) 
    4. OLB Thaddeus Gibson (Ohio State) 

"Kindle fits the profile of a long OLB with solid speed and range, plus room to grow into his body," Kiper writes. "An ideal fit for coach Bill Belichick's system in the way players like Willie McGinest and Mike Vrabel have been. He's not an outstanding pass-rusher, but his versatility is more important. Best is a home run threat, and this is an offense that needs to start considering new weapons with Randy Moss' age and Wes Welker's knee. Gronkowski is a big-time talent at TE, although he missed the 2009 season with an injury. Gibson is a great value out of Ohio State. Maybe a year early in the draft, but that's a plus for the Patriots."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Re: Would these 5 improve the Patriots?

But I would rather have:

1.  Sergio Kindle, OLB
    2a. Demaryius Thomas, WR
    2b. Montario Hardesty, RB
    2c. Anthony McCoy, TE
    4.   Daniel Te'o-Neshiem, OLB 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GameChanger. Show GameChanger's posts

In Response to Re: Would these 5 improve the Patriots?:
    But I would rather have: 1.  Sergio Kindle, OLB 2a. Demaryius Thomas, WR 2b. Montario Hardesty, RB 2c. Anthony McCoy, TE 4.   Daniel Te'o-Neshiem, OLB 
    Posted by pats3392

Why Hardesty? He dosn't seem to be a step above as a college player so how can he excel at the pro level? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Like WR , OLB is an extremely risky position to project. The amount of bust the past 7-8 years reads as long as Schindlers list. If I had to pick one in the first it would either Graham or Kindle/Weatherspoon. The latter two because of their upside and versatility. IMHO Weatherspoon could play all LB positions in the NFL , not so w/ Kindle , but when he adds size and he will , he could play 4-3 DE. If the Pats stay put at 22 and take one of the projected OLB's it will be a Graham , Kindle , Weatherspoon , Griffen or Hughes. Kindle is explosive off the snap , has great closing speed , can play in space and plays well when he is free to roam. He'll chase almost anyone down and has the ability to become a great pass rusher in the league. There are some things that scare me and I see to many red flags to pick him in the first. He can be fooled by misdirection plays and will over-run you on occasion. The biggest issue I have w/ him and mant guys that are projected OLB's is their ability to get off the block and this is the issue I have w/ him. O-linemen , mostly T's will hold him up , as well as TE's. He relies on his athleticism too much and needs to develop better technique. This is why I would take him in the second. Ive loved Best for years now and actually think hes the best RB in this draft. I see him as an all around back , an every down back , which IMO Spiller is not. Best would be a steal in the second , I dont see him at 44 though. Im also a big fan of Gronkoswki and would love to grab him ,but only w/ our last second rd pick. Someone I would stay away from is D Thomas , way too risky for me. The guy has only put up one good year out of three. And hes only ran 2 routes his entire career , deep post and go route.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

ONE TIME... Best if he had no injury issues and one of those issues is a Concussion problem where he is gambling his quality of life on the next concussion I would say he is on Par with Spiller and then Mathews is a step behind them and then there is a log jam several steps behind those three.

As for what Big head Kyper says the Patriots will draft I think if they draft anyone on that list it will be Gibson he is a dark horse for the Patriots to use their 4th or a late 3rd if they were to get one.  

My last Pre Draft Prediction is coming Wednesday but I can't say one way or the other what will happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

I feel that Kindle will only be a mediocre pro. When Orakpo was at Texas, he shined, but with Orakpo in D.C. he seemed to struggle at times. I would not take him, as I think there are much better options, such as Jerry Hughes or Daniel Te'o.

I for one one really like Jahvid Best, and feel if he stays healthy than will excel. He has the big play ability. If you can get him the ball 12-17 times a game, then he will have a massive impact. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]I feel that Kindle will only be a mediocre pro. When Orakpo was at Texas, he shined, but with Orakpo in D.C. he seemed to struggle at times. I would not take him, as I think there are much better options, such as Jerry Hughes or Daniel Te'o. I for one one really like Jahvid Best, and feel if he stays healthy than will excel. He has the big play ability. If you can get him the ball 12-17 times a game, then he will have a massive impact. 
    Posted by Supernova13[/QUOTE]

If we are gonna take a RB in the second, I think Best will be gone early. I would like to see the Pats take a chance on Jonathan Dwyer. He is a beast and could carry the ball 20+ times a game if needed. I would go with an OLB in the first, then a WR, TE, and RB in the second.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Nightrider,   So where is your DE? Need one of those before RB IMO. Plus Best only weighs 175 lbs; can't see BB pulling the trigger there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I feel that Kindle will only be a mediocre pro. When Orakpo was at Texas, he shined, but with Orakpo in D.C. he seemed to struggle at times. I would not take him, as I think there are much better options, such as Jerry Hughes or Daniel Te'o. I for one one really like Jahvid Best, and feel if he stays healthy than will excel. He has the big play ability. If you can get him the ball 12-17 times a game, then he will have a massive impact. 
    Posted by Supernova13[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Kindle is no Orakpo and some of these so called draft experts actually have him rated higher than him. Best talent is unbelievable and if it wasn't for the head injury you'd be looking at a top 15 pick in most drafts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]Nightrider,   So where is your DE? Need one of those before RB IMO. Plus Best only weighs 175 lbs; can't see BB pulling the trigger there.
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

I  never said to take Best, he  will be gone and has concussion problems. I think they are going to be playing Ron Brace and Damione Lewis possibly at DE. I disagree with your opinion obviously. Our defense has plenty of youth that will get better as time goes by. Mayo, Guyton, McKenzie, Merriweather, Butler, Chung, Bodden, Wilfork, Warren, Brace, Crable, Sanders...etc. They are all guys who are in their 20's. Our offense is one of the oldest in the league. We need a RB that can carry the load and take time off the clock like Dillon used to do. It will also give more time for Brady to throw the ball if we had a better running game. We don't have much of one so all teams do is clog up the line and rush Brady. We don't need a RB though????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would these 5 improve the Patriots? : I  never said to take Best, he  will be gone and has concussion problems. I think they are going to be playing Ron Brace and Damione Lewis possibly at DE. I disagree with your opinion obviously. Our defense has plenty of youth that will get better as time goes by. Mayo, Guyton, McKenzie, Merriweather, Butler, Chung, Bodden, Wilfork, Warren, Brace, Crable, Sanders...etc. They are all guys who are in their 20's. Our offense is one of the oldest in the league. We need a RB that can carry the load and take time off the clock like Dillon used to do. It will also give more time for Brady to throw the ball if we had a better running game. We don't have much of one so all teams do is clog up the line and rush Brady. We don't need a RB though????
    Posted by nightrider495[/QUOTE]

If the line is clogged you need OL. Running backs can not run through DL and LBs, the OL has to create a hole. We ran fine with lesser backs than Maroney and Taylor when our OL was good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

[QUOTE]Nightrider,   So where is your DE? Need one of those before RB IMO. Plus Best only weighs 175 lbs; can't see BB pulling the trigger there.
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Best actually weighed 195 at the combine

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]Like WR , OLB is an extremely risky position to project. The amount of bust the past 7-8 years reads as long as Schindlers list. If I had to pick one in the first it would either Graham or Kindle/Weatherspoon. The latter two because of their upside and versatility. IMHO Weatherspoon could play all LB positions in the NFL , not so w/ Kindle , but when he adds size and he will , he could play 4-3 DE. If the Pats stay put at 22 and take one of the projected OLB's it will be a Graham , Kindle , Weatherspoon , Griffen or Hughes. Kindle is explosive off the snap , has great closing speed , can play in space and plays well when he is free to roam. He'll chase almost anyone down and has the ability to become a great pass rusher in the league. There are some things that scare me and I see to many red flags to pick him in the first. He can be fooled by misdirection plays and will over-run you on occasion. The biggest issue I have w/ him and mant guys that are projected OLB's is their ability to get off the block and this is the issue I have w/ him. O-linemen , mostly T's will hold him up , as well as TE's. He relies on his athleticism too much and needs to develop better technique. This is why I would take him in the second. Ive loved Best for years now and actually think hes the best RB in this draft. I see him as an all around back , an every down back , which IMO Spiller is not. Best would be a steal in the second , I dont see him at 44 though. Im also a big fan of Gronkoswki and would love to grab him ,but only w/ our last second rd pick. Someone I would stay away from is D Thomas , way too risky for me. The guy has only put up one good year out of three. And hes only ran 2 routes his entire career , deep post and go route.
    Posted by ONE-TIME[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In Response to Would these 5 improve the Patriots?:
    [QUOTE]ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper makes his predictions through four rounds of the NFL draft, which accounts for five New England Patriots selections. His Picks:  1. OLB Sergio Kindle (Texas)  2a. RB Jahvid Best (California)  2b. TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona)  2c. DE Linval Joseph (East Carolina)  4. OLB Thaddeus Gibson (Ohio State)  "Kindle fits the profile of a long OLB with solid speed and range, plus room to grow into his body," Kiper writes. "An ideal fit for coach Bill Belichick's system in the way players like Willie McGinest and Mike Vrabel have been. He's not an outstanding pass-rusher, but his versatility is more important. Best is a home run threat, and this is an offense that needs to start considering new weapons with Randy Moss' age and Wes Welker's knee. Gronkowski is a big-time talent at TE, although he missed the 2009 season with an injury. Gibson is a great value out of Ohio State. Maybe a year early in the draft, but that's a plus for the Patriots."
    Posted by pats3392[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]But I would rather have: 1.  Sergio Kindle, OLB 2a. Demaryius Thomas, WR 2b. Montario Hardesty, RB 2c. Anthony McCoy, TE 4.   Daniel Te'o-Neshiem, OLB 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Kindle has one of the lowest Wundderlick scores on record. Now way BB drafts him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im all for jahvid best in the second.  i think he could be similar to tennessee's chris johnson in the NFL.  Both are about 5'10 200lbs.  both have blazing speed.  both possess enough power to do a little power running.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

If Best is there with the first pick in the second round then I say take him . . . this maybe Falks last years and Jahvid is a great replacement as a third down back.  Graham or Weatherspoon would be a good pick at 22 but I'd advoid Kindle and Spikes.  I'd look for a WR with the 2nd in round two . . LaFell, Damian Wiliam, Robersts, Shippley, Deckor or Gilyard should be there  . . . with the last of the 2nd round picks I'd go with a TE, maybe Hernandez, Pitta or Gronkowski will be there.  I'd use a later round pick to get a punter unless this kid for Australia can really kick the stuffing out of the ball.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Would these 5 improve the Patriots?: Kindle is a one-dimensional DE who is overrated. Never even played OLB. How he is rated so high mystifies me---- think Vernon Gholston.
    [QUOTE]ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper makes his predictions through four rounds of the NFL draft, which accounts for five New England Patriots selections. His Picks:  1. OLB Sergio Kindle (Texas)  2a. RB Jahvid Best (California)  2b. TE Rob Gronkowski (Arizona)  2c. DE Linval Joseph (East Carolina)  4. OLB Thaddeus Gibson (Ohio State)  "Kindle fits the profile of a long OLB with solid speed and range, plus room to grow into his body," Kiper writes. "An ideal fit for coach Bill Belichick's system in the way players like Willie McGinest and Mike Vrabel have been. He's not an outstanding pass-rusher, but his versatility is more important. Best is a home run threat, and this is an offense that needs to start considering new weapons with Randy Moss' age and Wes Welker's knee. Gronkowski is a big-time talent at TE, although he missed the 2009 season with an injury. Gibson is a great value out of Ohio State. Maybe a year early in the draft, but that's a plus for the Patriots."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Here's some combine news that is going to change the round a couple of players will be drafted in,Dwyer and Anthony McCoy the TE from USC tested positive for drugs during the combine! Every year there is a genius who gets busted for the same things whats up with these morons? They are both looking at 5-7 round selections if they get drafted at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

If Best is there with the first pick in the second round then I say take him . . . this maybe Falks last years and Jahvid is a great replacement as a third down back...
    Posted by tenace4life

why waste a 2nd rnd pick in what is supposed to be one of the deepest drafts (not to mentione potentially expensive), on a player you would not be using on three downs?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

In Response to Re: Would these 5 improve the Patriots? : If we are gonna take a RB in the second, I think Best will be gone early. I would like to see the Pats take a chance on Jonathan Dwyer. He is a beast and could carry the ball 20+ times a game if needed. I would go with an OLB in the first, then a WR, TE, and RB in the second.
    Posted by nightrider495

I'd like the Pats to also take Weatherspoon LB in rd 1. and I really like Jonathon Dwyer RB! Take a TE and another LB  with the other 2nd rd picks. 

Sections
Shortcuts