Would this trade ever work?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

Would this trade ever work?

How about a trade for big Vince and if needed a pick for DeSean Jackson.  unfortunately, as much as I like Big Vince... I think his desirel to play for the Pats has ended..  couldn't we free up big money without his cap hit and get creative with a restructure to make up the difference?  

I usually just read and do not have all of the figures and contract details (Does vince have a say in a trade per his contract?) at my fingertips to know if this would work... 

I for one am very excited about 2014 Pat's Season... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Would this trade ever work?

In response to ddimaria's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about a trade for big Vince and if needed a pick for DeSean Jackson.  unfortunately, as much as I like Big Vince... I think his desirel to play for the Pats has ended..  couldn't we free up big money without his cap hit and get creative with a restructure to make up the difference?  

I usually just read and do not have all of the figures and contract details (Does vince have a say in a trade per his contract?) at my fingertips to know if this would work... 

[/QUOTE]

Bolded statement is probably true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

the more realistic way to get DeSean if they wanted would be to

give:

Danny Amendola

3rd round pick

for: DeSean Jackson

they have two outside WRs in MAclin and Cooper adding Amendola will give them a slot guy and fill in the loss of Avant

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I feel it is true...  seems odd to me that he flipped so quickly unless there was other drama that we as fans are not privy to.  Like I said, I have no figures to back up my suggestion... just throwing it out there.  Philly is stacked on offense..   and I think Big Vince still has something left in the tank if he wants to be there.. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Danny Amendola

3rd round pick

[/QUOTE]

I saw something similar in another thread but wouldn't we have to pull about 9 million bucks of cap space to sign him where he will most likely want to be $$-wise?   

That's why I was throwing in Vince on the deal... he could have a no-trade clause which would make this a moot point but I was curious..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Danny Amendola

3rd round pick

[/QUOTE]

I saw something similar in another thread but wouldn't we have to pull about 9 million bucks of cap space to sign him where he will most likely want to be $$-wise?   

That's why I was throwing in Vince on the deal... he could have a no-trade clause which would make this a moot point but I was curious..

[/QUOTE]

oh i forgot to add cut Vince after its done.

PHilly doesnt need a DT hell they got a 5th rounder off of us for bust- Sopoaga.

to make my deal above cutting vince would be the option

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm all for trading the big fella if he is content on his release. I would like nothing better than to get a player for him or use the cap space from his release on a new player but Desean Jackson?? Thats who you want?  I think we all saw that Defense still wins championships. We can get through the reg. season no problem as long as we defend. Our Schedule has us facing some real good wideouts so thats why its good BB got Revis, Browner. If we arent trading for a defensive player or one of the best guards in the league, then Im all set. We dont need D. Jack. We need all the D we can get

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have a slightly different perspective on this approach.  Philadelphia would be willing to trade for VW, his 325+++lbs, questionable achilles and his $7.5 million salary (not sure what the PHilly cap consequences would be) because?? Seriously, what would Philly's motivation be for wanting Vince?

I'm also not convinced that the whole 'cut me' position from Vince is anything more than just a negotiating ploy.  It's really the only card he has to play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also, IMHO, VW did not want to be "another" player who succumbed to the Patriot's request to restructure.  He feels he signed in good faith and the Pats should honor the contract or release him.

I also believe he will not command the $$$ he would have gotten from the Pats with a restructured contract and someone is whispering in his ear he can get the same elsewhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Everyday, a new trade proposal? Sigh!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

the more realistic way to get DeSean if they wanted would be to

give:

Danny Amendola

3rd round pick

they have two outside WRs in MAclin and Cooper adding Amendola will give them a slot guy and fill in the loss of Avant

[/QUOTE]

I do that trade .. They are throwing all their chips in the middle. They need a threat on the outside or slot whatever he can stretch the field for them. If he can help them win the Super Bowl the headache and money is worth it. Then in the draft look for defense or a TE.. You can't improve every single area but you can do some.. If its there you got to take the chance.. BB can handle DJ for a couple of years I have no doubt.