Would this work?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Would this work?

Or am I old and senile?

Say we miss Gronks blocking protection on the line. Could the Pats shift Solder out to the end for blocking and bring in someone like Cannon to cover the Tackle spot?

Solder played TE in College.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Would this work?

Well, why make the change now given they have been winning without Gronk like yesterday?  Seems the team made adjustments enough to score 41 points after Gronk went out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I would just leave Hooman or Fells out there to block because they are both actually a threat to receive whereas Solder would not be.  Part of the strength of our 2 TE sets is that the D has to respect both the run and pass when dealing with those 2 guys.  Solder at TE sort of kills that since he is far too large to be a receiver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, why make the change now given they have been winning without Gronk like yesterday?  Seems the team made adjustments enough to score 41 points after Gronk went out.

[/QUOTE]

I have recurring flashbacks to several games where we really could have used a blocking TE on the line to get the pressure off Brady. 08 being the most notable. Most don't realize how good of a blocker Gronk is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would just leave Hooman or Fells out there to block because they are both actually a threat to receive whereas Solder would not be.  Part of the strength of our 2 TE sets is that the D has to respect both the run and pass when dealing with those 2 guys.  Solder at TE sort of kills that since he is far too large to be a receiver.

[/QUOTE]

Well, he may be too large, but, he would made a DBacks eyes bulge if they see him charging up the field at them!!!  (-;

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hooman made some big catches this year right when the Pats needed them. Dont underestimate him, might be a bigger deal than we think.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Hooman routinely took out Houston's edge-rushers yesterday, either Brooks Reed or Connor Barwin... he blocked them on the edge and looked like a seasoned LT doing so. Very impressive.

As Bill said, we've been extremely productive on offense (and winning football games) without Gronk, no need for any knee-jerk reactions. 

We'll be just fine. The defense and the execution of the offense will carry us and ultimately determine if we win a Super Bowl. I sure like our chances!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Or am I old and senile?

Say we miss Gronks blocking protection on the line. Could the Pats shift Solder out to the end for blocking and bring in someone like Cannon to cover the Tackle spot?

Solder played TE in College.

[/QUOTE]

YOu do not do this as a "usual" double TE option because you want guys who can both block and catch BUT as far as what looks like a running package yes, certainly. Bring in Cannon and have either he or one of the other tackles as eligible.

They did bring in Canon like that against Houston Sunday.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hooman routinely took out Houston's edge-rushers yesterday, either Brooks Reed or Connor Barwin... he blocked them on the edge and looked like a seasoned LT doing so. Very impressive.

As Bill said, we've been extremely productive on offense (and winning football games) without Gronk, no need for any knee-jerk reactions. 

We'll be just fine. The defense and the execution of the offense will carry us and ultimately determine if we win a Super Bowl. I sure like our chances!

[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this in a couple other threads. Agree. The second Ridley and he came on the field, the offense took over. He's a steady player. I'd like to see some weakside check downs designed for him, too.

[/QUOTE]

Vereen played a huge role on the Pats first scoring series. In fact, he was the featured HB on that particular drive. They moved him out wide, but also used him out of the backfield as a runner.

Great versatility. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to LeeOn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AGS- I don't see any comments from you about wether or not Gronk should have played. You went on and on when RG3 got hurt. Why the hypocrosy?

Is it because you wouldn't dare question BB?

[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not it is possible to break your arm when you put 260+ pounds of weight on it while making an acrobatic catch.  RGIII could barely stand up straight that entire game and destroyed his entire knee while  bending over to pick up a bad snap.  Comparing the health of these 2 guys going into their respective game is moronic.  Just like you.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

Tsk tsk tsk-pcm -Shame on you and your name calling over the internet!

Now back to Gronks arm and how he reinjured it yesterday.Why was he even in there?And why isn't  anybody talking about how Bb ran up the score and that's how Gronk got hurt in the 1st place?

Hey I understand your unending love for BB but why does he get a pass when everybody in here was just crucifying the Redskins over RG3?

The hypocosy is running wild ...once again.hey at least you are all very consistent!

[/QUOTE]

Gronk is a football player. That is why he was in there. Let me know when the Jokes get a football player. If they do you should hope that they put him on the field rather than crown him king as NY is want to do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]

Tsk tsk tsk-pcm -Shame on you and your name calling over the internet!

Now back to Gronks arm and how he reinjured it yesterday.Why was he even in there?And why isn't  anybody talking about how Bb ran up the score and that's how Gronk got hurt in the 1st place?

Hey I understand your unending love for BB but why does he get a pass when everybody in here was just crucifying the Redskins over RG3?

The hypocosy is running wild ...once again.hey at least you are all very consistent!

[/QUOTE]

Your dousche nozzle came out apparently, and its getting all over our forum.  There is no such thing as running up the score.  Just goes to show you a Jests fan doesn't know anything about scoring.  Haven't seen enough of it, I guess.  

Sections
Shortcuts