Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson?

Lets say the Rams were willing and the Raiders pick ends up being #8 overall .

( Note ~ The remainder of Jackson's contact : 2011- 7.2 mil ,  2012 - 7.0 mil , 2013 7.0 mil )

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson?

Sure if they throw in a bag of magic beans and some turn back the clock juice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

2nd round pick at the most.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson?:
     Lets say the Rams were willing and the Raiders pick ends up being #8 overall . ( Note ~ The remainder of Jackson's contact : 2011- 7.2 mil ,  2012 - 7.0 mil , 2013 7.0 mil )
    Posted by CapFoxboro

Great player, but no way.  Not for AP either.  CJ2K maybe, but probably not.  RBs just don't last very long these days.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson?:
    In Response to Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson? :   Great player, but no way.  Not for AP either.  CJ2K maybe, but probably not.  RBs just don't last very long these days.
    Posted by Muzwell

Curious to hear why you would maybe trade the #1 for CJ2K but not AP. I agree with your sentiment that RBs don't last long these days and their days of being cornerstones of offenses are also long gone as it's clearly a passing league now.

I think AP's the best back in the league. He's tough, physical, creates opportunity out of nothing sometimes and he's seemingly fixed the fumbling issue. I'm assuming your concern would be his violent, contact-driven running style and you're thinking he just wouldn't hold up as long as CJ2K might.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson? : Curious to hear why you would maybe trade the #1 for CJ2K but not AP. I agree with your sentiment that RBs don't last long these days and their days of being cornerstones of offenses are also long gone as it's clearly a passing league now. I think AP's the best back in the league. He's tough, physical, creates opportunity out of nothing sometimes and he's seemingly fixed the fumbling issue.

Posted by apdynasty23

AP is great, no doubt.  The thing about Johnson that separates him for me is the speed.  AP is fast, but CJ is world class.  I can't even think of a back like him ever.  Sort of like Barry Sanders in that you could shut down both of them for most of the game, but then they go 85 yards.  But a different runner than Sanders.  And he seems to have a knack for avoiding big hits.  

AP on the other hand, almost seeks out contact.  I just don't see a long career with him.  CJ is more dangerous in the passing game also.  AP is not that involved there. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I think I just talked myself into giving up a top ten pick for CJ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No. He is 27. He would be 28 by the time you get your hands on him.

He'll have close to 2000 carries and 340 catches. That is very soon to be damaged goods.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

AP can't be traded. if you have ever watched him play you realize he is the best player(non QB) in football. One of those guys that you know is special.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Also I would surely give a 2nd rounder for Steven but at this point he has a lot of mileage. A 2nd rounder is worth getting 2-3 years of solid production from the run game ala Corey Dillion(except he only gave us 1 year)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Would U Trade Oaks 1st Rndr For Steven Jackson? : AP is great, no doubt.  The thing about Johnson that separates him for me is the speed.  AP is fast, but CJ is world class.  I can't even think of a back like him ever.  Sort of like Barry Sanders in that you could shut down both of them for most of the game, but then they go 85 yards.  But a different runner than Sanders.  And he seems to have a knack for avoiding big hits.   AP on the other hand, almost seeks out contact.  I just don't see a long career with him.  CJ is more dangerous in the passing game also.  AP is not that involved there.     
    Posted by Muzwell

Ah, gotcha. I would have those same reservations against AP. I just think he's going to have a shortened career although I don't wish that on him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

I know ap and cj are special, but they have alot of miles on them, and they are either nearing a huge contract extension. Unless the rb is barry sanders jr (soph in hs), I don't see the pats taking a back in the high 1st round. RB are typically easier to find, have shorter careers. Oaklands pick will be used for a well rounded dl or olb who can hold against the run and pass rush, or used on a bookend ot who can pair with vollmer for 8-10 years. If those aren't available, I can see the pats moving back to late 1st, early 2nd and picking up a future 1st and 2nd this year for the large drop back (it will most likely be via 2 trades, dropping back to around 18-20 and then back to mid 2nd).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i would ive our 1st but not oaklands. he has too many miles on him, but he would be great in NE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

no, just no.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i'd much rather draft ingram

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Don't ever trade a pick for a running back with mileage on him, especially not in midseason.  You can't tell what's wrong with the guy.  If the trade goes through, the other coach may know that the kid is a lemon in some way, enough of a lemon that the coach would tear apart his own team's rhythm in midseason.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Don't ever trade a pick for a running back with mileage on him, especially not in midseason.  You can't tell what's wrong with the guy.  If the trade goes through, the other coach may know that the kid is a lemon in some way, enough of a lemon that the coach would tear apart his own team's rhythm in midseason.

Posted by Paul_K

Deadline has passed this year so this would be an offseason thing, probably the type of deal that is done at or near the draft.  Jackson for a two isn't a bad trade.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Jackson has played too long to be traded for even a two.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

Jackson is too injury prone.....no way trade a top 10 pick for him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

i wouldn't actually call him injury prone. but at 7 years, carrying that team, he's starting to play on borrowed time. too risky to treat him in an aquisition as anything more than a part time player which to me is 4th round or later.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

No, I'd rather see them go out and bring in a pass rusher or a offensive tackle with that pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'd have no issues if the Patriots gave up Their 2nd for him & signed him to a 4 year deal worth 20 million with 16 guarenteed....Jackson would be perfect in BB & the Patriots system....he'd get a lot less ware & tear on his body & use woodhead & BJGE to compliment him....OUR 2nd rounder for what he'd bring to the Patriots offense would be well worth it.....love to see us get Jackson & a 2012 2nd rounder for OUR 2nd in 2011 & Mankins....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Can we trade for Andre Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and maybe get Lebron James to come to the NFL?!?!!?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLB50. Show BILLB50's posts

Can we trade for Andre Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and maybe get Lebron James to come to the NFL?!?!!?!
    Posted by Pancakespwn

How about we wait to see if Jamaal Charles or DeAngelo Williams become free
    agents, then we won't have to give up one of our draft picks.

Sections
Shortcuts