Would you accept Al Groh as Defensive Coordinator?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-SPIKER. Show KOOLAID-SPIKER's posts

Would you accept Al Groh as Defensive Coordinator?

this is a parcells guy who belichick is already familiar with from his days with the giants, jets and pats. he has worked with parcells a record 5 times in various defensive roles. he is around belichick's age and is certainly a peer defensively. If you bring him in and a mark Martz you would have 2 spirited ambitious types who can be both creative and strong in standing up to Belichick! They will command respect in that locker room and in the coach's lounge! Plus it would be nice training for Dean Pees (if he stays) or for bill O'brien to apprentice under. their diversity of experience is an untapped and needed wealth of knowledge the Pats simply lack due to them continually picking youngie lifers from within who only know the Belichick and New England way!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Would you accept Al Groh as Defensive Coordinator?

First of all Dean Pees is 60yrs old if Im correct.  So I dont think he needs to learn under another guy.  He has been coaching longer than BB.  He just may not be good enough to run the defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

AL is a great coach and would be a great fit here in NE as the Pats DC!  I would love to see AL back here!  Hopefully he and BB can work this out.

HE would bring back "old school" patriot football back to NE!  Tough and good football coach!  Bring him here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'd like to see Al Groh hired as the DC, yes.  It'd be nice to bring in an experienced coach with a working knowledge of BB and his schemes who's not a "yes man"....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

exactly!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

It's already being reported he's talking to Miami. and Miami just fired their defensive coordinator.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

figures...Knowing the Pats though, they'll keep things the way they are anyways. (seems to be their track record the past few yrs)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I don't think there is anything wrong with Pees as DC. That's not a knock on Al who I always thought did a good job and would like to see join the coaching staff but i haven't seen any reason to remove Pees based on performance that I attribute to him.

I wrote about this back on December 9th... I could certainly write an update on it as some of the details and stats have changed in the last month but my opinion hasn't changed about it. The new information would only strengthen my position actually.

Again, at the time of writing it I did the research and listed all the numbers and stats.

I really think people have revisionist memories about many things, even myself, which is why I go back and do all the research for my posts.

We remember one or two big plays by a team or player and build it into a season or career.

The numbers, conditions, situations, injuries, strength of schedule, etc, all being looked at. How the offenses problems affect the defense and how the defenses problems affect an offense.

The Patriots gave up the 5th fewest points in the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisBarb. Show ChrisBarb's posts

Problem ISN'T the defense.   They gave up 5th fewest points in the league.  The offense, however, needs help.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

He's going to the Dolphins or DC for Georgia Tech

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I didn't see a defense on the field sunday. I'd say thats a problem. Just like the superbowl against the Giants, brady got the points on the board. The D failed us again. Not to say the O is perfect. We need a run game to make brady effective.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Philskiw  difference of opinion i guess.

I'd say Brady turning the ball over 3 times in the 1st quarter that gave Baltimore 1st and 10 at the NE 17, 25, and 9 yard lines a big big problem.

I'm not excusing the Defense as they could have forced at least one field goal but the thread is about the DC and I don't see how a team lining up and running the ball down your throat is the DC's fault. He's not playing and his Defense isn't being fooled. They are getting pushed around. That's on the players.

I'd say that Tom Brady throwing 6 INT's vs. 5 TD's in his last three post season appearances is a problem. 

I would say Tom and his offense ONLY scoring 14 points in the last two post season appearances is a problem.

I would say Maroney saving Brady's butt against San Diego in 2007 because he stunk it up is a problem, for Brady but a good thing for Maroney rushing for 122 yards.

I would say putting up only 14 points in the post season for a heralded QB and offense its last two post season appearances is an even bigger problem considering not one team defense in the NFL has averaged giving up fewer than 14 points a game since 2006 when Baltimore did it by allowing an average of only 12.5 a game. ...and it's not like Baltimore won the super bowl that year.

In the last 15 super bowls only 2 teams have scored fewer points than the record setting 2007 Patriots offense did and neither of those teams had record setting offenses. So for you or anyone to lay that defeat at the feet of the defense or Pees saying Brady "got the points on the board" is well.... I guess a huge difference of opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I think he got canned MVP

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Pepper Johnson if he doesn't go to the Giants.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

People keep saying the problem isn't the defense and they are partially right.

The D played well a lot and that does show up in the stats, but I certainly wouldn't trust them in a final drive against the Pats to win the game scenario. They picked horrible times to fail during the season or they couldn't step it up when the opposing offense did. The mental toughness just wasn't there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Already signed as DC with Georgia Tech.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Koolaid,

Not sure you followed the post well. MVP asked if he was a head coach already of some team. I said he got canned. You said he didn't then you yourself turned around in your next sentence and said he was canned. lol

Sections
Shortcuts