WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6290024

here again is my CONTRARIANISM side coming out. this left me queasy. this 10 yo kid scraped by on a paper route and was allowed to tap his college funds for the worthy humanitarian goal of giving the fridge back his super bowl ring. i am sorry but on the order of priority this and sports hero worship in general should be way down the list. certainly you do not risk an education and quality of life in the process. this goes way beyond bleeding heartism to just pure parental irresponsibility and borderline negligence and even ABUSE! these are naive "values". i can just see the fridge thanking his lucky stars and reselling that ring again soon!  what if somehow it is a brady someday?

my approach to my son would have been first of to thank him for at least caring for his fellow man and having genuine empathy in the obama tradition esp about those less fortunate (even a fallen sports hero) and actually wanting to do something about it. thats priceless esp in a world overly concerned about only its own selfish interests. spending your own limited funds on it however is INSANE! at worse, you buy the ring but call some charity, foundation or museum on behalf of your son and encourage them to pick up 80 percent or so of the tab and display the ring with the promise that they would not ever sell it without his consent or to give him the option at age 25 to buy it back. or perhaps you have him directly call others in the chicago area who are fridge fans to pitch in on fridge's behalf or for them to donate the funds and give the ring to an area charity or non-profit.

even better, why not just initiate or coordinate the efforts to buy the ring with someone else's funds and give part of the proceeds directly to fridge or to a more worthy cause or to someone/others not in the position to still make money just for their celebrity or for showing up as the fridge still can! perhaps mike ditka and the all the guys from the 86 team could have come together to lend their celebrity to some event pushed by the kid and his parents with the bottom line being to return fridge's ring by raising enough money to buy it as well as to give the even less fortunate some funds!

every parent has their own approach and this is not the worse thing a parent could do with their son/child but this would have been my approach... hopefully, when the kid needs college funds, someone would step in on his behalf. kind of how the entitlement and charity culture works i guess....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?

FROM HELTERSKELTER (IGNORED THREAD):

80 percent of NFL players are broke after 2 years of leaving the game,most still have a fat white woman to go home to ,same as most posters.Therefore its all good.Now back to my search for a sex slave.

I am to sexy for my shirt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY?

I think u missed a fairly major point or two.  If the kid already has Frank OHarris' SB ring, plus a ton more memorabilia, I am pretty sure the family is doing "ok" financially.  I think this was the "kids" money for college, as in to spend while there as opposed to dad's money to pay for it.  I dont think that family is hurting financially.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

In Response to Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?:
    [QUOTE]  FROM HELTERSKELTER (IGNORED THREAD): 80 percent of NFL players are broke after 2 years of leaving the game,most still have a fat white woman to go home to ,same as most posters.Therefore its all good.Now back to my search for a sex slave. I am to sexy for my shirt    
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    So moderators let me see racism,communism,trolling,charles manson worship,anti-semitism these are all ok but if you disparage our fearless leader Obama...automatic deletion....GFY Mods

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY?

In Response to Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY?:
    [QUOTE]I think u missed a fairly major point or two.  If the kid already has Frank OHarris' SB ring, plus a ton more memorabilia, I am pretty sure the family is doing "ok" financially.  I think this was the "kids" money for college, as in to spend while there as opposed to dad's money to pay for it.  I dont think that family is hurting financially.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

Seriously...  Before and especially after, I read mordecai's post, My feeling was that I didn't vote because there was no Choice C...the "Who gives a sh#t" option...Yet, after I read the following excerpt from the article in question right here:

"(10 year old) Cliff used money he had been saving for college to purchase the ring after seeing it at Mickey Mantle's restaurant and sports bar in New York City. The establishment also has a sports memorabilia section. Cliff Forrest Sr., who owns Rosebud Mining Company in Pittsburgh, said the ring was purchased for $8,500."

...I now realize that there should be a Choice D as well..."Who here believes the sh#t of a 10 year old saving up $8500 from his paper route?"  I mean, when did he start delivering papers?  Before his parents even met...?  The kid's 10!? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY?:
    [QUOTE]I think u missed a fairly major point or two.  If the kid already has Frank OHarris' SB ring, plus a ton more memorabilia, I am pretty sure the family is doing "ok" financially.  I think this was the "kids" money for college, as in to spend while there as opposed to dad's money to pay for it.  I dont think that family is hurting financially.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]great point but that not how its being presented. everyone is yapping about what a great deed he did from saving up his paer route money and bla bla. what a selfless act. perception trumps reality. i just dont like how this kind of media irresponsibilty can corrrupt the poor or those not exactly in position to share such idiotic values. of course he's rich but it doesnt make the story have the same meaning and it doesnt sell as well!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY? : well..."Who here believes the sh#t of a 10 year old saving up $8500 from his paper route?"  I mean, when did he start delivering papers?  Before his parents even met...?  The kid's 10!? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]Think the stuff in rolling papers,a route like that could do it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU? : So moderators let me see racism,communism,trolling,charles manson worship,anti-semitism these are all ok but if you disparage our fearless leader Obama...automatic deletion....GFY Mods
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]How now brown cow?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU? : So moderators let me see racism,communism,trolling,charles manson worship,anti-semitism these are all ok but if you disparage our fearless leader Obama...automatic deletion....GFY Mods
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]duh... where's your common sense? this is brought to you for FREE by the boston freakin GLOBE, a NY times company. they just happean to lean left and by default towards the the great one and fearless leader. not too bright on your part to insult him here where you have no POWER. in same way i would not go on a fox news site like this and rail against the tea baggers or reagan or rupert murdoch or o'reilly, or the mental patient glen beck or roger ailes.. got it? 

know your role know your environment know the doctrine... bottom line is i thank gawd for the globe, this discourse wouldnt happen on fox for it would be prohibitively or nonsensically expensive. same way they overcharge for access for the shows of their mediocre hosts while others including ABC and PBS provide it for free as a public service and the greater good of the overall community!

belichick is a DEMOCRAT and LIBERAL as are the krafts! you cheer for a team with the same ideals and contexts, you dont get it? ditto with the red sox from top to bottom. even more so with the celtics whose owner actually ran as a progressive democrat for kennedy's seat (http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/09/celtics_coowner.html).... WAKE UP!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

I cheer for a team called the Patriots. Patriotism is an ideal no liberal aspires to. Go root for your Jets on a Jets board your act is old comrade. And while you are calling Repblicans stupid why dont you ask fearless leader how many states there are at last check he said he had visited 56 with only 2 more to go!(TRUE look it up on youtube) or ask him why he was trying to enter the White House through the window.(that was probably just force of habit) It's a well known fact that your ignorant,your homeless,your indigent,your moronic are the Democrats base.So enjoy the outrageous unemployment,the high prices,4-5$ Gas,you got your man in office,I just HOPE this country can survive that Kenyan muslim. You compassionate liberal,its such a shame we Conservatives are so full of hate and you guys are so full of love. I mean you guys think its wrong to kill a murderer yet an unborn baby you are ok with ripping that to shreds and flushing it down a sink. You sicken me. Please kill yourself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE] or ask him why he was trying to enter the White House through the window.(that was probably just force of habit) It's a well known fact that your ignorant,your homeless,your indigent,your moronic are the Democrats base.So enjoy the outrageous unemployment,the high prices,4-5$ Gas,you got your man in office,I just HOPE this country can survive that Kenyan muslim. You compassionate liberal,its such a shame we Conservatives are so full of hate and you guys are so full of love. I mean you guys think its wrong to kill a murderer yet an unborn baby you are ok with ripping that to shreds and flushing it down a sink. You sicken me. Please kill yourself.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]Your right holmes except the republicans are In real terms no better. They are bought of by the same groups,you have to vote in a third party or start your own.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I cheer for a team called the Patriots. Patriotism is an ideal no liberal aspires to. Go root for your Jets on a Jets board your act is old comrade. And while you are calling Repblicans stupid why dont you ask fearless leader how many states there are at last check he said he had visited 56 with only 2 more to go!(TRUE look it up on youtube) or ask him why he was trying to enter the White House through the window.(that was probably just force of habit) It's a well known fact that your ignorant,your homeless,your indigent,your moronic are the Democrats base.So enjoy the outrageous unemployment,the high prices,4-5$ Gas,you got your man in office,I just HOPE this country can survive that Kenyan muslim. You compassionate liberal,its such a shame we Conservatives are so full of hate and you guys are so full of love. I mean you guys think its wrong to kill a murderer yet an unborn baby you are ok with ripping that to shreds and flushing it down a sink. You sicken me. Please kill yourself.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]geeeee, thanks for the LOVEEEEEE! your side is sooo hypocritical.. all about production and reproduction, no compassion for ACTUAL kids and humans. oh the pooor fuc-kin fetus, the heck with the actual separated HUMAN BEING! again, you want to put obama in some outdated category as you want to with me. i own a business and i stated with the owner-labor debate threads, i tend to side with the OWNERS and tend not to go too far with unions! i do not believe that is the general LIBERAL position. i also have no fundamental issue with the death penalty. some people forfeit their right to life by the acts they commit such as jeffrey dahmer and charles manson and al-queada-911 types. i however do like the idea of fairness and justice. some people are wrongfully convicted, cops are usually right but not ALWAYS right. once you kill a man he tends to lose his ability to appeal so you want to get it absolutely correct beyond any possible doubt!

your types always reveal your blatant ethnocentricism and outrageous racism when obama or any other non-euro white leader is involved. do you call reagan the scotch-irish christian moron? no, he's an AMERICAN as obama clearly is to any non-idiotic person! i happen to lean more on the fiscal libertarian/conservative side of things but yeah... like belichick and ALL the top management and OWNERSHIP teams of ALL the major new england pro teams, i unapologeticallly lean more towards the socially LIBERAL and progressive side!

society must balance the two: rich and poor, blaks and whites, male and fems, gays and straights, freedom of religion  and freedom FROM religion, power majorities (rich white men) and power minorities (everyone else).. your side has no nuance.. all about protecting and promoting the rights only of the same old multi-generational rich white MALE side, everyone else be damned even as the demographic numbers clearly turn against you! wake up and join the new world order! you are making it too easy for obama to walk in as easily as clinton did in '96!

i love this country! i am a patriot! this country is the greatest gift to mankind any god or non-god ever give to mankind!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Commiecontrarain goes on ignore.  Oh well...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Commiecontrarain goes on ignore.  Oh well...
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]booo hooo! oh well......

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

All the memorabilia in the world couldn't buy you a Freakin bottle of water in Northern Japan. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Patriotism is an ideal no liberal aspires to."

This claim- this claim's the best...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY? : This is a sports board not a political one. That said, my two cents: 1. There are only two types of rightwingers: the mean and the dumb. (and the mean use the dumb, appealing to their over-emotional, under-intelligent black and white view of the world; see Noize, Fox) 2. Anytime you have a Republican in office you will have three things: War (they love conquering other nations for Jesus and Capitalism while calling it "democracy" for all the flagwaving morons who vote for them) Corporate Malfeasance:  the GOP will make sure their country club criminal buddies (restricted country clubs: no women, blacks and maybe a token jew) rake in billions at the expense of the rest of the population Fanatical Religion: the bible-belt goes ape dancing when the GOP gets in the White House so they can take over and base our entire culture, politics, economy and especially social freedoms on the bible and "christianity"...Think of an American Taliban and you have the Religious Right-and just as dangerous and my 3rd and final truism: Obama 2012-it's a lock! Now back to football.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]Jews run the world re-tard,how many jews were in bushs cabinet?look it up nig-ger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR LITTLE BOY TO DO THIS TO YOU?.. WHAT IF HE SPENT $8500 FOR BRADY'S RING SOMEDAY? : This is a sports board not a political one. That said, my two cents: 1. There are only two types of rightwingers: the mean and the dumb. (and the mean use the dumb, appealing to their over-emotional, under-intelligent black and white view of the world; see Noize, Fox) 2. Anytime you have a Republican in office you will have three things: War (they love conquering other nations for Jesus and Capitalism
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]i agree that sports should be the FOCUS! however sometimes the 2 intersect!

wrapping up my thoughts based on what you started, i would add that the GOP loves yapping about democracy but HATES actually implementing it esp overseas. love when they say stuff like we cant support any group that may have someone in it that may be against us or our interests... its shameless and lacks any degree of self-reflection for MOST countries overseas view the GOP (esp the tea baggers) as many of them view the taliban and other extremists over here. if all people were to use their criteria, they would all boycott the US everytime we elect a conservative republican president or send one overseas.

fact is every MAJOR political group anywhere on earth has some degree of extreme elements in them as well as a more dominant moderate-mainstream one. you cant pick and choose the outcomes of democrarcy. you may help create it (as in iraq) but then you must live with the consequences of its output. sometimes you will love it, sometimes you wont! per example in the theistic middle east, would be nuts for a jewish conservative or any real candidate in israel to not be in favor of  zionism or the jewish theocracy surrounding the state of israel, in the same way it would be nuts for a candidate in the non-jewish middle east to not be in favor of an islamic ideology (you cant get elected otherwise). lebanon may be an exception but your neighbors count too.

i am all about EMPATHY and a little BALANCE and PERSPECTIVE!