Would you be shocked?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Would you be shocked?

Will you be deeply shocked if the Pats don't win the superbowl? I'm not sure yet if I will/would be. THIS YEAR. I grasp that any sports season is fluid and expectations can and do change from month to month but as recently as the first half of the Detroit game on Thanksgiving I think most of us thought (and voiced) that this was a good, solid team. A strong play-off team. A team to be reckoned with as the younger players gained experience. Not a super bowl lock. No way. My impressions of this team is that they have progressed far faster than anyone could have imagined. However I would'nt be shocked to not see them in the superbowl. THIS YEAR. I think its ludicrous to believe they will walk over the likes of Pitt, Balt or Indy in the play-offs. They might- but I would be surprised. They level of intensity, precision and pressure goes up exponentially in the play-offs. In 2007 I would have been blown over by a window closing if the Pats didn't make it to the super bowl. I was absolutely blindsided by the lose to the Giants. Things can and do happen. Do you feel as confident that this team will win the superbowl as you did in 2007? My point is that's its been interesting watching the shift in peoples impressions of this team over the last 7 or 8 weeks from solid to certain. I think the Pats have a solid 4-5 year run ahead of them to compete for the championship--I hope it starts this year-that will be gravy to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Re: Would you be shocked?

Shocked? No. Just VERY disappointed because they have done well all year against the tops teams in the NFL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Good post.
    Record aside, the defense is still not playoff tested. 
    Can we really trust them late in the 4th quarter of a close playoff game?
    Maybe Brady will ensure we never have to find out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Shocked, sickened, and devistated. I would put it up there in the top five losses of all time if it happens. I know expectations were low at the start of the season. They are NOT low any more. We MUST win the Superbowl and there is absolutely no reason we should not win it. We have been dominating in a fashion almost never seen before. 30 plus points in 8 straight games. Brady 36 TD 4 picks...are you kidding me!!! Yes, a Superbowl win is absolutely a necessity!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Would you be shocked?:
    [QUOTE]Will you be deeply shocked if the Pats don't win the superbowl? Posted by Gravelten4[/QUOTE]

No, not deeply as I was in 2007. They seem more balanced this year and battle tested against some of the best defenses. I would be disappinted after this great year, especially where alot of so called patriots fans and the media didn't give them a chance to make the playoffs.

I don't care if the defense gives up 500 yards in the super bowl, as long as the Patriots score more points 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH, It's totally crazy to expect us to Roll teams we have already Rolled.
    Take a valium, it's in the bag.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

I'd be pretty surprised. The only way we lose is if we screw up and they seem too focused to just go out and lay an egg at this point. BB has made a joke out of the league again this year and we're rolling to ring #4.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

No, nos shocked, very disappointed. I have seen way too many upsets to ever be shocked again.  Plus, while we are good we have a sometimes suspect D as previous posters have pointed out.

They play the games for a reason.  So no way will I be shocked. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Shocked implies you never expected the result and to think the Pats are unbeatable is unreasonable.  Everything looks great for the Pats to win the SB and I like our chances given the way they have played.  Harken back to the 2004 season in which the Steelers finished 15 - 1 and all the talk about them winning the SB or the years the Colts went 14 -2 and did not win.  Unlike baseball and basketball in which, generally, the best team does win..  in football it is once and done and all it takes is a weird bounce of the football or a yellow flag!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Would you be shocked?:
    [QUOTE]No, nos shocked, very disappointed. I have seen way too many upsets to ever be shocked again.  Plus, while we are good we have a sometimes suspect D as previous posters have pointed out. They play the games for a reason.  So no way will I be shocked. 
    Posted by Micksoxx[/QUOTE]

Where in the hell do you got off making the statement "suspect D" You been watchin????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

After 07' no shock from sports anymore...  I'll just watch and enjoy the ride so many fan's wish they had. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Would you be shocked?:
    [QUOTE]Will you be deeply shocked if the Pats don't win the superbowl? I'm not sure yet if I will/would be. THIS YEAR. I grasp that any sports season is fluid and expectations can and do change from month to month but as recently as the first half of the Detroit game on Thanksgiving I think most of us thought (and voiced) that this was a good, solid team. A strong play-off team. A team to be reckoned with as the younger players gained experience. Not a super bowl lock. No way. My impressions of this team is that they have progressed far faster than anyone could have imagined. However I would'nt be shocked to not see them in the superbowl. THIS YEAR. I think its ludicrous to believe they will walk over the likes of Pitt, Balt or Indy in the play-offs. They might- but I would be surprised. They level of intensity, precision and pressure goes up exponentially in the play-offs. In 2007 I would have been blown over by a window closing if the Pats didn't make it to the super bowl. I was absolutely blindsided by the lose to the Giants. Things can and do happen. Do you feel as confident that this team will win the superbowl as you did in 2007? My point is that's its been interesting watching the shift in peoples impressions of this team over the last 7 or 8 weeks from solid to certain. I think the Pats have a solid 4-5 year run ahead of them to compete for the championship--I hope it starts this year-that will be gravy to me.
    Posted by Gravelten4[/QUOTE]
    No not shocked as in sport anything can happen. Like most I'd be disappointed if the don't win as they have given themselves a tremendous opportunity of winning the Superbowl and teams need to take advantage of that as you don't know when that opportunity will present itself again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]After 07' no shock from sports anymore...  I'll just watch and enjoy the ride so many fan's wish they had. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Plain and simple and I agree. 

Seriously, with the expectations I had going into the season and then after the Moss trade I am at the point that I'm just going to sit back and keep enjoying this ride.  This season I have witnessed true coaching greatness and QB greatness and learned my lesson about questioning BB. Truly one of the funnest seasons I have had watching football in a long time.  Still not completely over the 07 SB loss but this season is helping Laughing

Give me just 3 more great performances and I will be in football heaven! But then what the heck am I going to do until next season for the repeat?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

nothing would shock me after 2007. Sad, yes but not shocked. Let's just worry about the next game and try to enjoy the ride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Plus, while we are good we have a sometimes suspect D as previous posters have pointed out. They play the games for a reason.  So no way will I be shocked. 
    Posted by Micksoxx[/QUOTE]

While they certainly do play the games for a reason, you lost me when you said we have a suspect D.  The D is forcing turnovers non-stop and is giving up less than 10 points per game over the last 5 games (47 points total and that includes the poor game against the Packers where they pulled out all the stops including an onside kick to start the game).  It was a suspect D when the year began, but now they have grown and matured, quicker than anyone expected.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Not sure why anybody would be shocked. It's the NFL and any given Sunday any team can win. I'm sure everybody is hoping and thinking the Patriots have a great chance to win the Super Bowl nobody should be banking on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Troll

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Hmmm...
    I think we can win. Will we? Time will tell.
    I am not worried about the offence. Defence has come a long way but not sure if I want to see Peyton or anyone for that matter have a chance to win the game on the final drive. Either way, lets enjoy this great ride...GO PATS!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'd be pretty disappointed, but not too surprised.

This team isn't as seemingly invincible as they were back in 2007

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Bradymossfan---I couldn't have said it better--I have enjoyed this seasons "ride" as much as any regular season (save 2007) in recent memory...all sports. Full of excitement, improvement, surprises, twists, turns, ups, a few downs, great stories, historical performances, etc. How could anyone, short of a writer for the now departed Lost, come up with this. I mean shouldn't Welker have had 45 catches in a shortened season and BenJarvis rushed for 200 yards and a couple of mop up TD's. Shouldn't have Mcourty been just OK, shouldn't have only one of the TE's been this good, shouldn't they have been 8-8/9-7/10-6. Shouldn't Woodhead be doing ANYTHING other than playing in the NFL!? The stories are as endless as they are amazing.

themightypatriotz---if Im a troll someone better tell my 3 year old son...Brady.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

I would say "stunned." 
    Yah, my expectations are high.  Perhaps too high for my own good.  But heck, this team has rolled over some quality opposition.
    Sure, the defense makes me nervous.  They bend and bend and SNAP BACK with a stop or INT.  But they do bend.
    That said, you know what they say, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.  This is a sport and there is some luck involved.  Good luck.  Bad luck.
    And then there is game planning.  Mangini and the Browns, for example, had a great game plan for us.  The absolutely went for it.  And got a bit lucky to boot.
    The problem I see with us being favorites is that opposing teams may pull out all sorts of tricks and gamble quite a bit.  And could win.
    I see opposing teams consistently going for it on 4th down once past mid-field.  And it's much easier to get 10 yards on 4 plays than it is on 3.  Other teams will know they have to score, and will come out aiming to do that.  It's one and done.
    Look out!  Might be a crazy ride.  And yes, some team might do something incredible and upset us.
    I'd be stunned.  But not all that surprised.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

I tell you one thing, you sure appreciate now how difficult it is to win one Super Bowl, let alone three.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

It would be disappointing not to win but ask yourself this: at the beginning of the season, did you expect the Pats to be this good?  I was expecting a 10 or 11 win season this year and would have been happy with the experience the rookies gained.  Instead, we are looking at a team that has bought into the Patritot way, matured quickly and is peaking at the right time.  So, yes I would be disappointed if we did not win the superbowl but I would also feel confident for the future.  After all, who wins a superbowl with a team this young: I guess we will find out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I'm actually a little concerned still.  14-2 is nice, but this isn't exactly a battle hardened defense.  Get out to a quick lead (except for GB) and drop into a prevent.  And we really haven't had to play a good, experienced quarterback in a while that can actually pick on Arrinton with accurate passes to a good receiver.  And our Run defence is still suspect, especially now that it's been thinned some more with Brace and Deardrick (and the other guy) gone, at least for now.  

As much as Arrington and the depth of the Dline scare me, and the fact that WE DO have a lot of Rookies on the team, I think my biggest concern is they haven't really had to fight it out.  Come back on someone.  React to (God forbid) a couple turnovers.  

Hell!  If we can win every game by 30, believe me, I'm all for it!  But if we don't, and the Jets, Ravens, Indy or the Steelers actually get a running game going, how with the Rookies react?  The UDF's?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Great Post, Not Shocked very dissapointed. If you remember in 2007 the Pats were wearing down towards the end of the Season. Almost lost to the Giants last game, and San diego gave us a great game without a healthy Rivers, Gates and the Whining B!tch LT, in the AFC Championship.Tom Brady was also in a walking Cast before the Super bowl. Anyone who says he was not affected was not at that Game. This year the Pats are going in playing their best Football of the season. They have beat all the tough teams, and will be prepared for everyone. I remember People laughing at the notion the Pats could Beat the Rams in 2001. Anything is possible that's what makes for great Sports. Having said that, doesn't it just feel like the Pats are on a Mission. Brady looks so Dialed in right now, that nothing will prevent him from winning his 4th Super Bowl          Pats 36 Atlanta 17 This year we cover the spread.

Sections
Shortcuts