Would you give up 2 firsts for Jimmy Graham?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Would you give up 2 firsts for Jimmy Graham?

And how high would you go? Would you cut Vince to a this deal done?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330128/article/saints-slap-jimmy-graham-with-nonexclusive-tag

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Would you give up 2 firsts for Jimmy Graham?

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And how high would you go? Would you cut Vince to get this deal done?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000330128/article/saints-slap-jimmy-graham-with-nonexclusive-tag

[/QUOTE]

If his health checked out and he'd sign a long term deal, yes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This is actually a tough call.  Would depend on how crazy his contract was.  If the money worked, 2 late firsts for a TE of that caliber would be pretty tempting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The tag number for a TE is around $6.7 million, for a WR it is $11.5 million. If they determine he is a WR, that will be huge in determining how high the numbers go. Mike 'freakin' Wallace got $12 million a year last year. Graham might get into crazy territory, 13, 14, 15 million a year...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

This is actually a tough call.  Would depend on how crazy his contract was.  If the money worked, 2 late firsts for a TE of that caliber would be pretty tempting.

Imagine a healthy Gronk and a healthy Graham let loose in the end zone or down the seams?...wow....defintie TB's dream combo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

NO WAY. No player is worth two firsts, if your goal is to build a good team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

No way. We already have too much invested at the position with Hernandez' dead money. Take your chances in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NO WAY. No player is worth two firsts, if your goal is to build a good team.

[/QUOTE]

I would do it for a franchise QB and that is it. Maybe, maybe a stud DT in his prime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

2 first is a lot.. too much. But could you imagine Graham and Gronk together. WOW!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I would rarely give up 2 very good players for one very good player. Just the frequency of injury precludes it.

Would I give up two likely to be late first round picks for this guy? I hesitate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way. We already have too much invested at the position with Hernandez' dead money. Take your chances in the draft.

[/QUOTE]

^This

We do need to shore up TE, but not as much as some other areas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Lot of love for Tight Ends, around here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Ah,NO!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

[QUOTE]

And how high would you go? Would you cut Vince to a this deal done?

[/QUOTE]

no way. keep building a dominant defense and win by shutting down other teams and running the football. thats how to win a super bowl.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Nope! I wouldn't trade two firsts for AP either!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nope! I wouldn't trade two firsts for AP either!

[/QUOTE]

no RB ever may be worth 2 firsts at the age of 29.

the only position worth two firsts is a franchise QB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If I am a bottom half NFL team, yes. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Not saying I would do this, giving up two firsts plus a very large contract for Graham would be tough to swallow. But the fact that the Pats typically draft in the high 20's or 30's means you wouldn't be giving up 2 high (i.e. top 10) picks in this deal (or 3 like Washington did for RGIII). Having Graham and Gronk would sure up TE in case of an injury, but it would do more than that. One of them would likely be splitting wide in most formations creating all kinds of match up problems for DBs. This would also mean that signing another WR would probably not be necessary, saving money there. Remember the Pittsburgh game this year, the one game when almost everyone was reasonably healthy? The offense dominated. Think about the offense with a healthy Gronk, Graham, Ridley/Blount, Vereen, Amendola or Edelmann (I don't think both will be back) and some combination of Dobson/Thompkins/Boyce/Moe/some other player drafted or picked up after salary cap cuts are made. Those other guys are now your 4th or 5th option instead of 2nd or 3rd. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

Not saying I would do this, giving up two firsts plus a very large contract for Graham would be tough to swallow. But the fact that the Pats typically draft in the high 20's or 30's means you wouldn't be giving up 2 high (i.e. top 10) picks in this deal (or 3 like Washington did for RGIII). Having Graham and Gronk would sure up TE in case of an injury, but it would do more than that. One of them would likely be splitting wide in most formations creating all kinds of match up problems for DBs. This would also mean that signing another WR would probably not be necessary, saving money there. Remember the Pittsburgh game this year, the one game when almost everyone was reasonably healthy? The offense dominated. Think about the offense with a healthy Gronk, Graham, Ridley/Blount, Vereen, Amendola or Edelmann (I don't think both will be back) and some combination of Dobson/Thompkins/Boyce/Moe/some other player drafted or picked up after salary cap cuts are made. Those other guys are now your 4th or 5th option instead of 2nd or 3rd. 

[/QUOTE]

good points.  It'd definitely be helpful to have two quality TEs like Gronk and Graham on the same field at the same time. Lots of matchup problems - and a much better productivity in the offensive red zone.  May bee to rich a price - plus, what about our needs on OL/DL, and dbs?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree. I would do it, but the thing that worries me is that Gronks health. Yes I know you do it for that. If I'm giving up 2 1's and paying big money Gronk needs to healthy. I don't think I take that chance. But something to think about. Graham's a great player I be tempted though. I'm split 50/50 me says yes then my mind says no. You also would be saying goodbye to Vince as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

On top of that I get concerned about players who disappear in big games like he did against the Pats and Seahawks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

^This

We do need to shore up TE, but not as much as some other areas.

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  TE is probably our biggest need besides D-Line.  We don't have any healthy TE other than D.J Williams, and just re-signing Mulligan and Hoo man is not going to cut it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

No way

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And how high would you go? Would you cut Vince to get this deal done?

[/QUOTE]

If his health checked out and he'd sign a long term deal, yes!

[/QUOTE]

Heck no! Not only would the Pats have to part with two #1 picks, they also would have to pay him. If the Pats are going to go all out to get a player, I'd rather see them go after a top defender. 

Sections
Shortcuts