Would you go after Jackson as a FA (and talk him out of possible retirement)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Would you go after Jackson as a FA (and talk him out of possible retirement)?

Stephen Jackson is a grat RB. He may have some wear on the tires but he is still very good. And he has more power than any back on this team. He would be a very nice addition to the mix. And he would finally ahve a chance to play for a SB berth/win.

I bet he would go for this rather than just stop playing. I think he sees little reason to continue playing for the Rams and would like to go out while still good unless there was a real incentive and I think it will take more than just money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Would you go after Jackson as a FA (and talk him out of possible retirement)?

No, he's a basketball player.  I would go for Steven Jackson though! I think he still has a couple good years left in him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Would you go after Jackson as a FA (and talk him out of possible retirement)?

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stephen Jackson is a grat RB. He may have some wear on the tires but he is still very good. And he has more power than any back on this team. He would be a very nice addition to the mix. And he would finally ahve a chance to play for a SB berth/win.

I bet he would go for this rather than just stop playing. I think he sees little reason to continue playing for the Rams and would like to go out while still good unless there was a real incentive and I think it will take more than just money.

[/QUOTE]

shame he has been buried on some truly awful rams teams or he would be more respected as the qulaity RB he has been-a lot like Frank Gore being under the radar out west with some bad to mediocre teams all those years he was putting up good numbers-he is finally getting the national recognition he deserves with the 49ers ascendence recently

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's retiring?  I would only for it if the money was low and desire is there. I heard he wants a big payday, so I don't see it as a fit.

[/QUOTE]

He recently said that he is considering retiring and that he thought going out the way Sanders did, with the fans wanting more, was not a bad way to go. So Im sure he would like more money but I think if he plays elsewhere he might be looking for more than JUST cash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

No...Running back is not a need given the play of Ridley, Vareen and Bolden all young and under the teams control...the moneys he'd command on the open market would be better spent on signing Welker...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

2 milion and a potential SB. 1 year contract

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Demps, Woodhead. No thanks on an over the hill Steven Jackson.