Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB

With Ridley's fumble against the Broncos BB pulled him off the field and he never got back on. What bothers me most is that for Ridely to be effective he has to have BBs confidence and against teams like the Ravens BB sure needs to trust his RBs. I wonder whether Ridley will see the field while the game is on the line.

Your thoughts and comments....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Re: Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB

In Response to Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB:
    [QUOTE]With Ridley's fumble against the Broncos BB pulled him off the field and he never got back on. What bothers me most is that for Ridely to be effective he has to have BBs confidence and against teams like the Ravens BB sure needs to trust his RBs. I wonder whether Ridley will see the field while the game is on the line. Your thoughts and comments....
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

I started a post Sat night titled 'Poor Ridley'.

This guy will NEVER carry the rock again for BB!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

You do realize you can simply ignore it right?...right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The game will never be on the line.  Patriots win in a blow out 35 - 10

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know about all this confidence stuff. Personally I couldn't give a rip about Ridleys confidence and I'm pretty dang sure BB cares even less. If this were Pop Warner than yeah, I hope the kid feels all warm and fuzzy inside but it's not it's professional football. Last couple of games he had the fumbles, and maybe if it's early in the season you let him play through and hopefully by the playoffs he's improved. But it's the playoffs now and if the coaches feel he's a liability with the ball why would they give it to him? I can't see the coaching staff going "Yeah, we lost the game and our seasons over because he fumbled the ball twice but he had some good carries in the 4th quarter and now he's feeling good and happy and that's the most important thing at the end of the day... How Ridley feels." BTW- I don't know where the whole idea comes from that he'll never carry the ball again. They'll work on it, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he's getting carries this year. Dillon fumbled 5 times in 04, Smith 4 times in 01. They still played.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Anyone have the stats on how many times Foster, Rice, or Peterson fumbled this year? Just curious.

Ridley has big talent....I hope he gets the ball for several carries on Sunday.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I think it was good to give him some touches during regular season; just to find out what he had to offer. The one thing several of us pointed out was the ? about fumbling the ball. Problem is, he fumbled during the last game - and even though it didn't affect the outcome of the game I'm sure it will give BB pause for thought.

Will bb let him get some touches? I think he will, but it will depend on the situation and score.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

This is why BB is the coach..  not my decision.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moorepatsfan54. Show moorepatsfan54's posts

I think he was punished enough since they didn't played him for the rest of the game. If the game was closer I would say we wouldn't see him again, and it was just as much Bradys fault as Ridleys. He threw to him with three players within five yards of him with no help. Ridley did one move tried to go down and the third player popped it out. It was just great defense, and BB will ride him all week about it and have a short leash with him. If during the game he comes even close to fumbling he will pull him out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB:
    [QUOTE]With Ridley's fumble against the Broncos BB pulled him off the field and he never got back on. What bothers me most is that for Ridely to be effective he has to have BBs confidence and against teams like the Ravens BB sure needs to trust his RBs. I wonder whether Ridley will see the field while the game is on the line. Your thoughts and comments....
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

I think if we had a starting every down back that could carry the ball 25 times a game for 4 plus yards a carry then you wouldn't put him back out there. However when Benny gives you 28 yards on 13 carries, what are you going to do? It's not like you can just slam this guy into the line all day against Baltimore or anyone else...what's that going to get you? 40 yards? He may not fumble it, but at some point you need a running game to take pressure of the passing game.

We're going against the number one ranked defense in the league against the pass. It would make Tom's ability to get the ball to Welker and Gronk easier if the running game forced their safeties to cheat towards the line during play action. I hope they can find some way to do that, they'll have to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

give it to lawfirm, 4 yards and a FG beats a fumble and zero points.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB : Or I can simply post that I think it's dumb right?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, that would be the a z z h o l e way to do it. Don't break character, stay true to yourself

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Would you let Ridley carry the ball whie the game is in doubt? Will BB:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

except u forgot to mention that guys like drew and foster have 275+ rushing attempts vs. Ridley's 87. So, for most practical purposes he would have between 3-4 fumbles for the same number of carries.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I would not be surprised to see Faulk get a few carries (maybe 5).  In addition to the risk of fumbles there is the matter of keeping TB upright.  Big responsibility for a RB with a team that has a pash rush.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]Polls like this are dumb.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

That is your prerogative. But then by that logic any questions about play calling, about possible players to trade for, about possible FAs, about who to draft, about  whether a player should not be playing or even on the team because he is a liability in some way... all those things are off the table.

And since we dont have any say in who is on another team, or coaches another team or who wins and loses games, well, thoughts about those things are off the table.

And since the past is the past and cant be changed why talk about any player or game in the past.

You could go on and on...

But you have a right to your opinion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know about all this confidence stuff. Personally I couldn't give a rip about Ridleys confidence and I'm pretty dang sure BB cares even less. If this were Pop Warner than yeah, I hope the kid feels all warm and fuzzy inside but it's not it's professional football. Last couple of games he had the fumbles, and maybe if it's early in the season you let him play through and hopefully by the playoffs he's improved. But it's the playoffs now and if the coaches feel he's a liability with the ball why would they give it to him? I can't see the coaching staff going "Yeah, we lost the game and our seasons over because he fumbled the ball twice but he had some good carries in the 4th quarter and now he's feeling good and happy and that's the most important thing at the end of the day... How Ridley feels." BTW- I don't know where the whole idea comes from that he'll never carry the ball again. They'll work on it, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he's getting carries this year. Dillon fumbled 5 times in 04, Smith 4 times in 01. They still played.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Dont know what you were reading but the issue of confidence I brought up was BBs confidence in Ridley and that certainly matters. If BB is unsure of Ridley he is unlikely to put him on the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

The problem with your chart is that it doesn't show the ratio of fumbles-to-carries.  Ridely has a problem with ball control.  He fumbled once in the pre-season and once for each of the last two games.  For the limited number of carries he has had, that is high...maybe five times more often-per-carry compared to those other guys.

I chose, "See how the game goes, follow BB's lead." If the game is a blow-out, let Ridely carry to re-establish his confidence.  Same for the SB, should the Pats get there.  

The Ravens will be ripping away at that ball and they would jump on Ridley like a pack of hagfish on a sick tuna.

And that's why - even considering his low avg. yard per rush this year (injured) - Benny is the man for the next two games, when it comes to inside the 20 on either end.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts