Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now??

I see lots of crying here about the Pats and their play of late.  The complaints and opinions are justified given our expectations.  Hard to believe this team will not improve on last year's record with Brady returning, but, that defense, oh boy!!!  So....

Where would we rather be.. in the boat of Steelers fans, who are basically looking at no playoffs or as Pats fans whose team is still in the hunt?  The good, in spite of all this angst about the team and how it has been playing lately, is the Pats have not lost to the Raiders, Chiefs and Browns of the world and haven't lost 5 straight!!  At least we can take some pleasure in the thought this fall of the Steelers this season may cement the Pats as the team of the decade!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Re: Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now??

Short answer: NO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Good post.  Yeah, we have some issues, but some are trying to make it sound like we've fallen to the ranks of Detroit and Cleveland.  The Steelers are a good example of how the line between winning and losing is fine.  If you only started following them now you'd think they were a real bad team.  You're never as good as you think you are when you are winning, and never as bad as you think you are when you are losing.  We don't need to fix everything to be a contender this year.  We will be a contender if they can just resolve a couple of their issues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The funny thing is last night I was with my friend and he was on his way to see his booky and I told him to put money on the Browns to win and he called me crazy and i explained myself and said they have been playing better lately and Brady Guinn has been playing better lately. Then i said they probally wont win but they could and if they did you would make some real cash. then i went home and saw that they won and said.....DAMN IT! I COULD HAVE MADE OUT LIKE A BANDIT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynnluvspats. Show lynnluvspats's posts

Speaking of bookies.... what is up with the 13.5 point the Pats are giving? Seriously... didn't we just lose 2 games in a row... I have an ongoing weekly bet ... with the points.. I take the Pats every week, and the other guy takes the Giants.. We're away last week giving 4... Giants are home getting points (not that it mattered... ) but would some care to explain how we can still be almost 2 point favorites.

In Response to Re: Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now??:
    [QUOTE]The funny thing is last night I was with my friend and he was on his way to see his booky and I told him to put money on the Browns to win and he called me crazy and i explained myself and said they have been playing better lately and Brady Guinn has been playing better lately. Then i said they probally wont win but they could and if they did you would make some real cash. then i went home and saw that they won and said.....DAMN IT! I COULD HAVE MADE OUT LIKE A BANDIT!
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynnluvspats. Show lynnluvspats's posts

Oh, and the answer to the post question.. hell no.. not even when the Steelers are winning Superbowls...

Been a Pats fan for 25 years.. 1-15 or 15-1! Doesn't matter. I'll live and die... a Pats fan...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

No, but maybe only because they won the super bowl last year and have 6 Lombardis'.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of bookies.... what is up with the 13.5 point the Pats are giving? Seriously... didn't we just lose 2 games in a row... I have an ongoing weekly bet ... with the points.. I take the Pats every week, and the other guy takes the Giants.. We're away last week giving 4... Giants are home getting points (not that it mattered... ) but would some care to explain how we can still be almost 2 point favorites. In Response to Re: Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now?? :
    Posted by lynnluvspats[/QUOTE]easy. everything starts with home/away dynamic then u must factor in the weather dynamics in which the teams are used to. carolina is more like Tennessee in that regard. think they look forward to freezg their buns off in the snow? NO! remember zona last year. first time they get hit in the mouth, they are caving! plus delhomme aint playg. he may not be the best qb in the league but he has been there, and done all that. matt moore or archie moore... whatever his name is... doesnt scare me in the least on the road. this aint even chad henne. not rushing the passer may actually help us in this case. he cant read coverages very quickly right now. plusm because of bel's reactions, boookies now grasp that this is the gauntlet coming down. yep, pats do LOVE their coach and will respond appropriately. this specific game will be more about heart, environment and the elements than  talent or schemes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Cake or death?

We're going to run out of cake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

It's not a good sign when it's suggested that we should feel good because someone else is bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's not a good sign when it's suggested that we should feel good because someone else is bad.
    Posted by Yapple

I didn't think this post implies we should feel good about the Steelers predicament and their fans.  Given all the whining we are seeing here about the Pats, who are 7 - 5, still in the playoff hunt and leading their division, Steelers fans, for the most part, have no hope their team can make the playoffs.  So, who should be whining more now?  Hence the question, which fan would you rather be now?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I wish we had either Woodley, Harrison or Laboe.

Harrison and Woodley are beasts off the edge, Laboe always seems to have a defense playing better than they can.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I wish we had either Woodley, Harrison or Laboe. Harrison and Woodley are beasts off the edge, Laboe always seems to have a defense playing better than they can.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

So, where do you think the BB brain trust went wrong in pre-season and early in the season when they could pick up some players?  Do you think BB had too much faith in the abilities of the players in the fold and it is turning out the young players just don't have that drive to win at all costs?  He didn't get playmakers like we saw in the 2007 teams and prior?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now?? : So, where do you think the BB brain trust went wrong in pre-season and early in the season when they could pick up some players?  Do you think BB had too much faith in the abilities of the players in the fold and it is turning out the young players just don't have that drive to win at all costs?  He didn't get playmakers like we saw in the 2007 teams and prior?
    Posted by agcsbill

Simple agcs, I think Belichick has alot of faith in Shawn Crable. From what I've heard, Shawn is similar to Willie Mac off the edge and the Ravens' version Adalius Thomas. The guy is 6'5", weights 243 pounds and runs the 40 with 4.64 speed, can you imagine him getting after the QB? The guy is an absolute beast, he plays OLB, DE, DT. I think Belichick was going to play Thomas like he did with Vrabel in 2007, and have Crable playing the role of Adalius. But, we all know what happen to Shawn, and with Vrabel gone, Belichick had to go with TBC and Burgess. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, and the answer to the post question.. hell no.. not even when the Steelers are winning Superbowls... Been a Pats fan for 25 years.. 1-15 or 15-1! Doesn't matter. I'll live and die... a Pats fan...
    Posted by lynnluvspats[/QUOTE]

I like your answer. Win or lose, the Patriots are your team. I'm the same way, I know the Steelers have totally collapsed, and they have allot of issue's to deal with, but I've been following them since the mid-sixties, and I'll continue to support them, with the hope that they can finish the season on a positive note. Very disappointed in the inconsistent & very poor play, but I like Coach Tomlin and I think we will see some major changes this off-season, because  the performance of this team is just unexceptable. Good luck the rest of the season. and continue to wear your Patriot proudly for another 25 or so years!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Good post.  Yeah, we have some issues, but some are trying to make it sound like we've fallen to the ranks of Detroit and Cleveland.  The Steelers are a good example of how the line between winning and losing is fine.  If you only started following them now you'd think they were a real bad team.  You're never as good as you think you are when you are winning, and never as bad as you think you are when you are losing.  We don't need to fix everything to be a contender this year.  We will be a contender if they can just resolve a couple of their issues.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I like the Steelers whether they make the playoffs this year or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"I dunno, I like the Steelers whether they make the playoffs this year or not."

And do you really think
     Roethlisberger should be playing?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

[QUOTE]No, but maybe only because they won the super bowl last year and have 6 Lombardis'.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

And that they got half of those trophies by steroids

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtsfan4ever. Show celtsfan4ever's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now?? : And that they got half of those trophies by steroids
    Posted by Patsdateam[/QUOTE]

Yeah and we got all ours by cheating right?  NO!  just give them credit for what they did man

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking of bookies.... what is up with the 13.5 point the Pats are giving? Seriously... didn't we just lose 2 games in a row... I have an ongoing weekly bet ... with the points.. I take the Pats every week, and the other guy takes the Giants.. We're away last week giving 4... Giants are home getting points (not that it mattered... ) but would some care to explain how we can still be almost 2 point favorites. In Response to Re: Would you rather be a STEELERS fan now?? :
    Posted by lynnluvspats[/QUOTE]

The answer to this is simple: The line is set by impartial observers who assess matchups dispassionately. In the last two weeks, the Pats have lost on the road -- convincingly to the best team in the league and marginally to a team against whom they traditionally struggle under the best of circumstances. Bandwagon fans see this as the end of the Belichick era and project doom and gloom to the end of time. Rational people, on the other hand, see it as the natural course of life in the NFL.

The Pats are easily two touchdowns better than Carolina -- with a backup QB -- at home.

This game is going to be a blowout.

Sections
Shortcuts