would you take a flyer on REXY as defensive coordinator once inevitably TERMINATED by the JETS for wasting TEBOW?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: would you take a flyer on REXY as defensive coordinator once inevitably TERMINATED by the JETS for wasting TEBOW?

No. I understand he's had success with defenses in the past, but his blowhard personality isn't a good fit for this team.  Plus he's oddly obsessed with Bill Belichick. I think the reporting relationship would be awkward between the two given some of Rex's past comments. 

Plus, I can't imagine Kraft wanting him . . . 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: would you take a flyer on REXY as defensive coordinator once inevitably TERMINATED by the JETS for wasting TEBOW?

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

FUNNY, COULD SEE BOTH HE AND SANCHEZ with pats next year. mark to test mallet and inevitably being the third qb and rexy in to challenge bb. the man can coach defense, just needs a disciplined structure. dont forget his bro was a coach under bb! i would like to be a fly on the wall watching bb and rexy talk defensive strategy as the y prep for a team and training methods for the players.. bb has to connect more to the rexy way on d, rexty has to adapt more to the b way in organization and offense.. win-win.. would be like the days of weis and romeo with rexy and josh! huge intelllectual capital!

[/QUOTE]

No....why would we take Sanchez? He is a disaster! He can't play! This season as well as last, has proven that. We have enough players on this team that can't play. Don't neeed Sanchez. Yeah, I guess Rex can coach a D...but is that more "Phil Jackson" type, and do you really think him and Bill can work as a cohesive unit. I say yes and no. Rather have RAC back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Rex will want an 'I get to be head coach when Bill retires' clause. I'll pass...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Bill will not have anyone on his staff he does not want, pure and simple.  Big sexy, nice name, another shiny hood ornament

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

FUNNY, COULD SEE BOTH HE AND SANCHEZ with pats next year. mark to test mallet and inevitably being the third qb and rexy in to challenge bb. the man can coach defense, just needs a disciplined structure. dont forget his bro was a coach under bb! i would like to be a fly on the wall watching bb and rexy talk defensive strategy as the y prep for a team and training methods for the players.. bb has to connect more to the rexy way on d, rexty has to adapt more to the b way in organization and offense.. win-win.. would be like the days of weis and romeo with rexy and josh! huge intelllectual capital!

[/QUOTE]

Yes for Ryan as defensive co ordinator. Very good defensive coach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Commie, you may be shocked to hear me say this but I agree on both counts. Though remember Sanchez has the guaranteed $ the Pats wouldn't touch. Sanchez is less appealing as I'd rather someone challenge Mallet who has more potential going forward. But, Ryan as DC, absolutely. I'd be surprised if it happened but the guy is great on that side of the ball. Even last night the Jets D had an overall very solid game. Just don't let Rexy near the offense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He would be out of work less than a day. Someone would take a chance on him as Head Coach as the pickings are slim.

I see him returning to Arizona where his Dad gave him his first job in football.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomar8477. Show nomar8477's posts

Rex Ryan would look at Belichick like Peter Griffin in real life candy land. On his tip toes twiddling his fingers. If Rex ever came here, and I doubt it would ever happen, Rex I think would know that he is Bill's &itch and act accordingly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No. I understand he's had success with defenses in the past, but his blowhard personality isn't a good fit for this team.  Plus he's oddly obsessed with Bill Belichick. I think the reporting relationship would be awkward between the two given some of Rex's past comments. 

Plus, I can't imagine Kraft wanting him . . . 

[/QUOTE]Well thought out post. I'd take Romeo back way before I'd consider Ryan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, I'd take him as a DC and that ONLY.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Yes, I think he will bring the best out of the defense!! One stipulation he has to learn to Shut Up!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

YES... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Absolutely and unequivically NO. His style does not fit BBs style. At all. THat does not mean he isnt good as a D coordinator, but not right for this team. At all.

Would you want an O coordinator that wanted to work independantly from BB? WOuld you want a QB who thought they were not answerable to BB? Or who thought that BBs rules did not apply to them?

No. No way. Bad move. I understand the thought. But I do not think so. (so watch it happen, right?!).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

IMPOSSIBLE - rule 1 of Pats organization is you either say very little or say less....We all know Rexi is incapable of that...