WOULD YOU TAKE A SHOT AT PLAX?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WOULD YOU TAKE A SHOT AT PLAX?

as i assumed, talent talks and bs walks. plax is due to be in high demand. as with vick there is a great chance he could have a different work and locker room approach now that he's an ex-con looking for redemption. plus at 6'5" and with some potential quickness and explosion, as we learned the hard way in the super bowl, mr. burris could still be an elite receiver. i would give plax a SHOT (hmm, a flyer), kick those tires, and see how much he's willing to sacrifice to be part of the belichick-coached team. we are talking no more than a 2year deal where we can kick out his butt without much consequence to us if he acts up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Re: WOULD YOU TAKE A SHOT ON PLAX?

I would love to take a shot at you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: WOULD YOU TAKE A SHOT AT PLAX?

For the right price, but I think he'll be too popular among teams desperate for a receiver or teams looking for attention and his price will become too high

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

I'de take a shot. He is a very good reciever.  NE would be a good destination since I'm sure he is looking for a winner. Plus an elite QB throwing him TD after TD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In Response to Re: WOULD YOU TAKE A SHOT AT PLAX?:
    [QUOTE]I'de take a shot. He is a very good reciever.  NE would be a good destination since I'm sure he is looking for a winner. Plus an elite QB throwing him TD after TD.
    Posted by 1NEFAN2[/QUOTE]

Agree!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Why not?? This guy will be hungry to prove everyone he is still one of the best WR's out there. With Brady as his QB. I think he would come here. Send him a decent offer like Vick got.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

NO THANKS!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ordinarily I find your posts border on science fiction but this one makes sense to me. Sure, at the right price. But why a two year deal? One year deal with team option for second year. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

if the rice was right yeah, but he will have too many other attractors willing to possibly pay more than the Pats would be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MisterGAS1970. Show MisterGAS1970's posts

I would definitly take a shot and sign him for at least one if not two years. con you imagine the match up nightmares that defennses would have when NE puts "Gronk" at 6'7", Hernandez at 6'3", and "Pax" at 6'5" all on the feild in 3 wide sets. The defense either has to double one of the receivers since they will have such a mismatch, and that opens up so of the biggest running lanes our running game in the BB era has ever seen. If the defense chooses to go man on the three receivers......... LMAO i just hope Revis Island has some kind of airforce to assist him in being able to handle these three beasts.

Anyway you cut tis move, If Pax plays to his preious level he will add a whole new chapter to the NE playbook that will finally allow us to replace that randy moss type tall, feild streaching receiver that NE was never truely able to replace once they traded Moss last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Was your phrase "take a shot" intentional?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

If it was the Plex of three years ago i would say Hell Yes!  I'm interested to see how not playing football for 2 years has done to him.  It took Vick almost 2 years before he got his arm back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I would. 

First, above all else, I'd do some serious talking with him and see if he's a changed man. If he appears to be humble and desires to work hard at a chance to play? Sure. 

He paid his debt. Sometimes the best way to approach a man like Burress is to tell him you support him and encourage him. I'm guessing Burress would respond in a big way. He's made a few mistakes but, doesn't seem like a jerk to me. Why not ask him to come for a visit. Besides, he would be best off in a smaller market. Places like NY, LA, Miami could be destructive to him. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'm with Russ, I think he'll return and have an impact but not with the Pats. Don't the Giants still have rights to him?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Hernandez at 6'3

Unless he grew 2 inches in the last year, he is listed as 6'1.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I want the Pats to pick up that injury ridden over the hill player nobody wants.  That way BB and Co and prove the rest of the league wrong.  And if he ends up doing absolutely nothing for the Pats.  Oh well, I guess BB is still a genius.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

No.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VAPATRIOT. Show VAPATRIOT's posts

Yes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VAPATRIOT. Show VAPATRIOT's posts

YES

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'd rather have Randy back....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Was your phrase "take a shot" intentional?
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]YES, pun very much intended. i tend to like to make my threads sizzle as well as to bring the substance. but more seriously, of all the more troubled type guys out there, from randy, chad j, terrell owens, and of course plax, i think plax, then TO and randy is the way to go in order of importance for us. the height thing is important. even if he's not very explosive, he will still be big with some speed and still be 6'5. randy is 6'4 and simply doesnt play as physical anymore. plax likes to mix it up and will unloadall his bullets out on that field (pun intended). noone's ever accused him of loafing it out on the field. like TO, most of his issues are off it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Worthless thread

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Worthless thread
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]for a guy who finds my threads worthless, you certainly comment a lot.... is it my bike that lures you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOULD YOU TAKE A SHOT AT PLAX? : for a guy who finds my threads worthless, you certainly comment a lot.... is it my bike that lures you?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I dont know was it my monkey that lured you?

Sections
Shortcuts