Would you trade Kevin O'Connell for a cap friendly pass rushing OLB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Would you trade Kevin O'Connell for a cap friendly pass rushing OLB?

[QUOTE]Curious what people in the forum feel about this issue.  I think O'Connell is an exceptional prospect and would make great trade bait if we went that route.  My guess is that he is worth a first round pick at this point (howlitzer for an arm, size and arm strength, 4.6/40).  Am I wrong about his value?  I know we would have to bring in an experienced backup if we did this or move Guitterez up to #2 (Knows the system).  
    Posted by kittycat6969[/QUOTE]

We all saw the value of having a good quality backup QB last season. NO WAY do I put Cassell and O'Connell in teh same category. I say "not just no, but HECK no!" You can always find a pass rusher somewhere, with help of defensive scheming. But, a good, legit backup QB?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Would you trade Kevin O'Connell for a cap friendly pass rushing OLB?

[QUOTE]Artie, That is where you get creative and pull of the three way trade.  McDaniels may like O'Connell over his options.  Not sure who the third partner is, but Denver has more out there than just junk to make it work. 
    Posted by kittycat6969[/QUOTE]

I can just see it now: Brady gets hurt again and can't finish the season. The Pats fall to 10-6 and fail to make the playoffs again. The buzzword aroiund town? "Yeah, but did you see that cheap pass rushing OLB? 12.5 sacks!"

Keep the Qb, yiu can always scheme to get sacks/pressure. A sound secondary helps, but forcing the opposing QB to lose time trying to find someone open.