Would you trade Nink for Dumervil....straight up ? That is the question...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Would you trade Nink for Dumervil....straight up ? That is the question...

49Patriots, is there anyone on the team you like? You never seem to like anyone on the team and want to replace everyone

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I think a lot of people get caught in the big signings. It takes 53 guys to do this.  Let's get better at all facets of the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

49Patriots, is there anyone on the team you like? You never seem to like anyone on the team and want to replace everyone

Brady, Ridley, Gronk, Hern, Vereen, Woodhead*, Solder, Wilfork, Chandler, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, McCourty, Talib, Dennard...Dowling(Hoping we can get a healthy year out of him)

I love those guys, some guys I like, but I hate the overrated ones you guys overrate. And Ninkovich is overrated, watching him play makes me angry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Brady, Ridley, Gronk, Hern, Vereen, Woodhead*, Solder, Wilfork, Chandler, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, McCourty, Talib, Dennard...Dowling(Hoping we can get a healthy year out of him)

I love those guys, some guys I like, but I hate the overrated ones you guys overrate. And Ninkovich is overrated, watching him play makes me angry.

ok good, glad to hear you like some players. It just seems whenever I hear you comment about a player it's always negative and I never hear you say good things about players (short term memory only going by the offseason). Just wanted to make sure you weren't pulling one of the, they all suck so blow it up stances.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

ok good, glad to hear you like some players. It just seems whenever I hear you comment about a player it's always negative and I never hear you say good things about players (short term memory only going by the offseason). Just wanted to make sure you weren't pulling one of the, they all suck so blow it up stances.

Nope, I actually like Nink, just not as a starter. Still hoping Bequette grows a pair, I'm not a fan of his either....you guys touted him as a game 1 starter. I'm not even sure if he played a snap last season...and worst of all, he allowed Ninkovich to keep his starting job when Chandler took the RDE position from Ninkovich in OTAs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Nope, I actually like Nink, just not as a starter. Still hoping Bequette grows a pair, I'm not a fan of his either....you guys touted him as a game 1 starter. I'm not even sure if he played a snap last season...and worst of all, he allowed Ninkovich to keep his starting job when Chandler took the RDE position from Ninkovich in OTAs. 

Yeah Bequette was a big miss on the draft guys parts (myself included). He seemed very polished and NFL ready coming out of college and looked good in the preseason, not sure how he fell off so quickly. I think most thought he'd be a solid starter day 1 but he was already close to his ceiling, if he's already hit his ceiling and still can't crack sub package time then he's going to be a big swing and a miss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Nink. Dumervil could easily tear a chest muscle due to his "alleged" previous roid use...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Nink. Dumervil could easily tear a chest muscle due to his "alleged" previous roid use...

And you don't think Nink is on them?....c'mon, wake up...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

You can't even compare their numbers. Every single time the ball is snapped, there are two or more players who account for where Dumervil is, plus the offense builds schemes around keeping him away from the QB. 

No one cares where Ninkovich is. 

When Dumervil gets a sack he is accomplishing a lot more, and accomplishes more on plays he doesn't even get pressure by virtue of how he frees other people up.

It's not even a competition. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

Ninkovich does nothing well, nothing above average. 

I have to agree. Nink is a nice player. A luxury to have on a good team. But in this passing league...it is all about PREASURE. Without it....a D is exposed. Nink got most, if not ALL of his sacks on coverage. I love the Guy, but he is not the answer to having a great D...and he will not make people around him better. My guess is...Dumervil had a little something to do with Miller getting his 17 sacks last year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

You can't even compare their numbers. Every single time the ball is snapped, there are two or more players who account for where Dumervil is, plus the offense builds schemes around keeping him away from the QB. 

No one cares where Ninkovich is. 

When Dumervil gets a sack he is accomplishing a lot more, and accomplishes more on plays he doesn't even get pressure by virtue of how he frees other people up.

It's not even a competition. 

Haha....I basically just posted the same thing. Don't understand why people don't get it. 11 sacks with 2 guys on you, or 10 sacks with a fullback or tight end...lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

No.

Dumerville not an all-round player. Not to mention he does not have the length to fit what BB likes. Nink barely has what BB prefers in length.

I do not believe Dumerville would produce the same sacks counts in the Patriots defensive system.

The Pats have played Denver 4 times since 2009. In those games, here are Ninks and Dumverilles totals.

Ninkovich

Tackles   Sacks   TFL   PD   QB Hits

14              4.5         3        1         5

Dumerville

Tackles   Sacks   TFL   PD   QB Hits

11             1.5          1        0         2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

All I will say is I'd rather not have Ninkovich starting. Good depth guy though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Here are Ninkovichs and Dumervilles numbers in the post-season over the past two seasons (2011-2012), when it matters most.

Ninkovich

# of games   Tackles   Sacks   FF   TFL   PD   QB Hits   INTs

5                      28              4            1      1      2        NL          1

Dumerville

3                      6               1.5         1       0      0        NL          0

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Here are Ninkovichs and Dumervilles numbers in the post-season over the past two seasons (2011-2012), when it matters most.

Ninkovich

5                      28              4            1      1      2        NL          1

Dumerville

3                      6               1.5         1       0      0        NL          0

Great stats, but could you also tell me how many guys were blocking, or accounting for Nink, as opposed to Dumervil please? Because if 2 people were blocking Dumervil, and Nink had 1 player, then these stats mean nothing. Only film, and knowledge of game planning will tell us who is better. If Dumervil had those stats, and Chandler Jones ( like Von Miller ) got all the headlines, then I'm sure BB wouldn't care less. BUT....and this is the BIG question. Can Nink, help C Jones achieve what Dumervil did for V Miller ? Do you see how thisworks ? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Ninkovich

Dumerville

What about the crucial SB penalties category? I hate how Welker is villified for his drop but no one says a word about Nink's awesome offsides penalty on a third down stop.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Ninkovich

Dumerville

What about the crucial SB penalties category? I hate how Welker is villified for his drop but no one says a word about Nink's awesome offsides penalty on a third down stop.

I think it's because the D only allowed 13 points up through that point.   lol

This is a stupid thread. Nink is a bargain, does a ton of things well, while Dumervil is an expensive one trick pony who is very small and isn't a good run defender.

So trading Nink doesn't really make the team better since there he is a bargain for what he does.

HEY cowboy....good to have you back. No matter what the rest of the posters here say, I personally like your banter. Though...we do disagree on occasion. Like now...Nink certainly is cheap, but he really does not do anything that well. He is...at best, solid. And in the passing league that is the NFL today, your edge rushers need to rush the passes and putpreasure on the quarterback. It is easier to mask a players weakround D, than not having a player put preasure on the QB on 3rd n long. Which....being a watcher of this team, has been its number 1 problem. Wouldn't you agree. They just cannot get off the field on 3rd down....PERIOD

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Ninkovich

Dumerville

This is a stupid thread. Nink is a bargain, does a ton of things well, while Dumervil is an expensive one trick pony who is very small and isn't a good run defender.

So trading Nink doesn't really make the team better since there he is a bargain for what he does.

That being said.....welcome back

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Why lol? So do you think that makes a ridiculously undisciplined play in a close game alright? Gotcha.

I'm sure BB said, "No worries, Nink, you've only given up 13 points thus far so I'll give you a pass for that one."

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To me Nink is an average football player who had a good season due to the pressure that Jones brought on the other side. I watched nink have some good games where he was hustling all over the field and I watched him have some games where he literally got driven 10 yards off the ball on running plays. He was our sack leader and I'm willing to bet he got half those sacks because the quarterback was flushed right into him because of Jones. And that's ok. He is being paid to be a decent player...nothing more and that's what he is. Decent, nothing more.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Nink does not set the corner well on running plays - he is undersized.  He is a valuable pass defender and has speed to get to the QB in some situations - usually looping around a flat footed defender - his interceptions when dropping into coverage are his stock in trade.  Great back up or situational player.....need to draft a potential DE with size and speed.   Dumervil too many $$$ for his production.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

To me Nink is an average football player who had a good season due to the pressure that Jones brought on the other side. I watched nink have some good games where he was hustling all over the field and I watched him have some games where he literally got driven 10 yards off the ball on running plays. He was our sack leader and I'm willing to bet he got half those sacks because the quarterback was flushed right into him because of Jones. And that's ok. He is being paid to be a decent player...nothing more and that's what he is. Decent, nothing more.

That makes no sense. You can't be a top ranked run D and have a weak strong side DE. Absolutely makes no sense.

Nice try, though.

I've also seen Brady play a terrible QB at times, but does that mean overall he's terrible? No.

My lord, you trying to tell me Nink is good against the run? Tell me you're not doing that? And tell me you're not saying that nink is the reason why we had a top ranked run D? For one thing teams didn't run much on us, why would they? High school quarterbacks could complete passes against this D. Teams just passed and passed and passed on us - as a mater of fact any team that didn't take this approach was pretty dumb. Another thing...we probably have the best run stopper in football in Wilfork. You can also add three linebackers who's specialty is run defense (Mayo, Spikes, Hightower). Trust me nink is not part of the equation when it comes to a top ranked run D.

Sections
Shortcuts