Would you trade Nink for Dumervil....straight up ? That is the question...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Would you trade Nink for Dumervil....straight up ? That is the question...

Secret Superstar: Rob Ninkovich, LB, New England Patriots

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/23/secret-superstar-rob-ninkovich-lb-new-england-patriots/

The article is based on his play up through 2011, leading into 2012.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Here are Ninkovichs and Dumervilles numbers in the post-season over the past two seasons (2011-2012), when it matters most.

Ninkovich

# of games   Tackles   Sacks   FF   TFL   PD   QB Hits   INTs

5                      28              4            1      1      2        NL          1

Dumerville

3                      6               1.5         1       0      0        NL          0

Great stats, but could you also tell me how many guys were blocking, or accounting for Nink, as opposed to Dumervil please? Because if 2 people were blocking Dumervil, and Nink had 1 player, then these stats mean nothing. Only film, and knowledge of game planning will tell us who is better. If Dumervil had those stats, and Chandler Jones ( like Von Miller ) got all the headlines, then I'm sure BB wouldn't care less. BUT....and this is the BIG question. Can Nink, help C Jones achieve what Dumervil did for V Miller ? Do you see how thisworks ? 

I do not have the Broncos games on film, except when they played the Patriots. 

...but when they played the Patriots Dumerville got NO MORE extra attention than Ninkovich received from the Broncos.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to makonikyman's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Here are Ninkovichs and Dumervilles numbers in the post-season over the past two seasons (2011-2012), when it matters most.

Ninkovich

5                      28              4            1      1      2        NL          1

Dumerville

3                      6               1.5         1       0      0        NL          0

Great stats, but could you also tell me how many guys were blocking, or accounting for Nink, as opposed to Dumervil please? Because if 2 people were blocking Dumervil, and Nink had 1 player, then these stats mean nothing. Only film, and knowledge of game planning will tell us who is better. If Dumervil had those stats, and Chandler Jones ( like Von Miller ) got all the headlines, then I'm sure BB wouldn't care less. BUT....and this is the BIG question. Can Nink, help C Jones achieve what Dumervil did for V Miller ? Do you see how thisworks ? 

If Jones "needs" someone on the other side to allow him to be productive then we wasted a 1st round pick on Jones. ....and I don't think even a superstar on the other side of jones will help him stay stay injury free.  Jones production would most likely have been better if he could have stayed healthy. If he stayed healthy and had even better numbers then what would be your argument? Oh Nink did not help him he did it all on his own? You can't have the argument both ways.

Sections
Shortcuts