Would You?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Would You?

Would you trade the last 9 years of 10 win seasons, 8 playoff appearances, 2 super bowl runner-ups and 3 AFC runner-ups for 1 super bowl win and 8 losing seasons? I wouldn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Re: Would You?

maybe for two SB rings...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

for a 19-0 in 07' year maybe. But really, most of the SB teams that have won since the Pats last won either stayed competitive, won multiple SB's, or rebuilt in a couple years and look younger without the benefit of having a QB even close to Brady so you add Brady to those teams and they might be just as competitive as the Pats have been. If the question is would you miss the playoffs a couple years but win a SB and remain competitive the remainder of the season I would say yes I would make that trade.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

You know, who wouldn't have wanted more titles… I would have loved them to have won at least one more SB but  that being said I have really enjoyed the ride this team has taken us on for the last 9 years. I was at the SB in Arizona and left extremely disappointed but that season was still a great ride.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Would you trade the last 9 years of 10 win seasons, 8 playoff appearances, 2 super bowl runner-ups and 3 AFC runner-ups for 1 super bowl win and 8 losing seasons? I wouldn't.

fair question but 1 SB title and 8 losing seasons? That's pretty extreme. Has any team ever won a SB and had 8 losing seasons afterwards?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Are you taking potshots at a certain team?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

maybe for two SB rings...lol

Yeah, 2 might do it. lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

fair question but 1 SB title and 8 losing seasons? That's pretty extreme. Has any team ever won a SB and had 8 losing seasons afterwards?

Yeah, I should've said 8 years missing playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Actually, it was referring to this article,

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/7/23/5930965/the-patriots-super-bowl-drought

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Great question. For me, its all about the journeys, and not just how the journeys end. Having been a fan of the Pats since the early 70's and remembering those long stretches of awful teams interspersed with those few ill fated playoff (and even Super Bowl) teams, these last 14 years have been remarkable. Probably the greatest run of any Boston sports team, including the Russell era Celtics, because there wasn't free agency so those teams stayed together year after year. The Pats have dealt with injuries, free agency, drafting near the end of each round year after year, lots of off the field stuff (Spygate, Hernandez, Bruschi's heart issues, Dick Rehbeins death, Charlie Weiss almost dying, 2 heart breaking SB losses etc), and managed to be one of the top teams year after year. Every year has brought great hope, with the real possibility of another championship. Not many teams can say that truthfully. My take is winning another with BB and TB would be the sweetest one yet because off all they (and we) have been through, and no, I wouldn't trade what has happened over the past decade for one more ring. I can wait for another and enjoy the ride until it gets here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

Actually, it was referring to this article,

http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/7/23/5930965/the-patriots-super-bowl-drought" rel="nofollow">http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/7/23/5930965/the-patriots-super-bowl-drought

I would think the only team/fans who would take such a deal would have to be the obvious ones ie: the ones who never won a SB or won one long ago Jets, Browns, Lions, Chiefs...no other fanbase would have to take such an either /or proposition

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Great question. For me, its all about the journeys, and not just how the journeys end. Having been a fan of the Pats since the early 70's and remembering those long stretches of awful teams interspersed with those few ill fated playoff (and even Super Bowl) teams, these last 14 years have been remarkable. Probably the greatest run of any Boston sports team, including the Russell era Celtics, because there wasn't free agency so those teams stayed together year after year. The Pats have dealt with injuries, free agency, drafting near the end of each round year after year, lots of off the field stuff (Spygate, Hernandez, Bruschi's heart issues, Dick Rehbeins death, Charlie Weiss almost dying, 2 heart breaking SB losses etc), and managed to be one of the top teams year after year. Every year has brought great hope, with the real possibility of another championship. Not many teams can say that truthfully. My take is winning another with BB and TB would be the sweetest one yet because off all they (and we) have been through, and no, I wouldn't trade what has happened over the past decade for one more ring. I can wait for another and enjoy the ride until it gets here.

This in spades.  Probably one of the most level-headed posts in BDC history.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Yes, for superbowls. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Of course.  The only thing you get for losing pretty is chitty draft picks every year and no Super Bowl trophy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I thought this was going to be about some marginally hot chick - shows where my mind is. Anyway, no I would not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I like to live in the real world and in the real world, just getting to a superbowl is so difficult let alone winning one. I wouldn't trade any fantasy for what the Pats have been able to accomplish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

What a great post! I agree all the way. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Well said!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

What BostonSportsFan111 said.  Pretty much a reflection of my feelings as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Yes, I would, and without hesitation. And I would make the SB win the 08 game and take the perfect season and cement TB/BB with the coveted 4 rings which really means a lot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Also seems pretty extreme to me. I would 100% take a similar run over the last 10 years as the Red Sox. 3 WS, but also some stinker seasons. But over 10 years, some great moments, great players, great memories. Sure, the Bobby V year hurt, and this year sux. But 3 WS in 10 years is worth it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Also seems pretty extreme to me. I would 100% take a similar run over the last 10 years as the Red Sox. 3 WS, but also some stinker seasons. But over 10 years, some great moments, great players, great memories. Sure, the Bobby V year hurt, and this year sux. But 3 WS in 10 years is worth it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

This. 8 losing season in a row? That's extreme and unrealistic but, say the last 9 Giants seasons or similar to the Sox with a couple unforgettable seasons (ending in Championships) and some of the worst baseball I've ever seen in between? Well that's a different story but the original question is a loaded one. It's like saying "would you like to have the most expensive steak in the world for dinner but the next month you can only eat tree bark"? It's not really a realistic question.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

People who really like football think the regular season is every bit as important as the playoffs.  I watch the Patriots to watch great football.  Winning the championship is a nice bonus, but it's watching 16+ great games that really excites me.

So no . . . I wouldn't trade away all those great regular season games for one more ring.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

People who really like football think the regular season is every bit as important as the playoffs.  I watch the Patriots to watch great football.  Winning the championship is a nice bonus, but it's watching 16+ great games that really excites me.

So no . . . I wouldn't trade away all those great regular season games for one more ring.

you can see great football from a 10-6 team, and a 10-6 team can win a SB

you can also see great football from an 8-8 team

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Bottom line message of this thread:

1. Too many fans dont appreciate the consistently strong teams BB puts together every year. You will miss BB even if you dont think so

2. We came within a hair of winning 2 more SBs. A magic helmet and injuries and one half baked play by TB?Welker was the difference. BB put the teams together masterfully and TB QB'd masterfully. Whiners need not reply.

Sections
Shortcuts