Wouldn't this be sweet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Wouldn't this be sweet

If we win the next 2 games (Green Bay at home, Buffalo on the road) and Jets lose their next 2 games (at Pittsburgh, at Chicago), and Miami wins their next 2 games which are against (Buffalo and Detroit at home), that leaves us playing Miami with home field wrapped up. The Jets would need to beat Buffalo and have us beat Miami to make the playoffs as the 6th seed. This scenario could very easily take place. Wouldn't it be sweet justice for the Pats to lay down in this meaningless game therefore giving Miami the 6th seed.  Seeing that the Jets were allowed to back into the playoffs last year - this would be icing on the cake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Wouldn't this be sweet

You'll NEVER see a BB coached team lay down in a game.  Their goal is to win each game and maintain consistency.  They may rest players, but, they will not lay down for anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

When I say lay down I meant to start players like Edelman,WR and Clayton at RB, Wendall and Orpenberger(?) on the line -Butler at corner Fletcher at lb etc-so what I,m saying is play alot of our 3rd stringers or otherwise no one of relevance,(Vince,Mayo,Mccourty,Warren,Brady,Branch,Welker etc). Why risk having key players hurt and the adde bonus of basically knocking the Jets out of the playoffs. Just like we knocked them silly out of the AFC East title in the massacre at Gillete on MONDAY nite baby!!! GO PATS 16-3

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Only problem with this is the Dolphins are better than the Jets.  I'd rather the Jets make the playoffs, they're no threat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Only problem with this is the Dolphins are better than the Jets.  I'd rather the Jets make the playoffs, they're no threat.

Bengals let the Jests in last year, look at the good it did them. I don't want to play Miami the last game as it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

In Response to Wouldn't this be sweet:
    If we win the next 2 games (Green Bay at home, Buffalo on the road) and Jets lose their next 2 games (at Pittsburgh, at Chicago), and Miami wins their next 2 games which are against (Buffalo and Detroit at home), that leaves us playing Miami with home field wrapped up. The Jets would need to beat Buffalo and have us beat Miami to make the playoffs as the 6th seed. This scenario could very easily take place. Wouldn't it be sweet justice for the Pats to lay down in this meaningless game therefore giving Miami the 6th seed.  Seeing that the Jets were allowed to back into the playoffs last year - this would be icing on the cake.
    Posted by jimmytantric

No, no and no. Did the 07 Giants lay down in a game that meant nothing to them in terms of playoff seed? Play until the Lombardi. Or until your out.  What are we, the Colts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I agree,always play for the win & let the chips fall where they may....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'll let Herm Edwards speak on my behalf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It would be sweet to knock the Jests out of the playoffs, but I'm with the others on this post. Play hard until the final whistle, play to win and let the chips fall where they may. I'm not sure I'd rather be playing Miami than the Jests at this point. Ask me if the Jests win/lose to Pitt and Chicago. Those are going to be 2 big games for all 3 teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

It would be sweet to beat Giants in the SB in the similar fashion as in the last two games.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts