Wounded Eagles Prepare for Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Wounded Eagles Prepare for Pats

Lord knows that the Patriots have had their fair share of injuries this year, particularly in the secondary. But, when they face the Philadelphia Eagles this weekend, they will meet a team with similar, or even worse, injury troubles.

At practice yesterday, Philly's star CB, Nnamdi Asomugha, suffered a knee injury in a non-contact drill. Though the injury was not as serious as first feared (no structural damage to the knee), it's likely he'll miss this Sundays' game. 

Other injured Eagles are CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, WRs Jeremy Macklin and DeSean Jackson, and QB Michael Vick: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Vick-Maclin-DeSean.html  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: Wounded Eagles Prepare for Pats

Down here in Eagles territory they're hopeful but realistic towards the situation so there really hasn't been any sh*t-talkin goin on.  I could not pass up the opportunity though-
       My Sister-in-Law was over for Thanksgiving and I say "Hey do ya know who Rob Gronkowski is?" (we hadn't been discussing football yet so she couldn't make a connection to the game) 

She was like "Uhh no"

Then I was like "You will after Sunday!"

Then my wife chimes in "Damn sis you got served!"

Yeah good times

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not trying to sound too confident. But I can't see Patriots losing this game. LIke to see Arrington start padding his INT count and carter get about 3 more sacks.

Patriots 35 Eggs 9

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

But... fear a team who's back is against the wall and injured!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Wounded Eagles Prepare for Pats:
    [QUOTE]Down here in Eagles territory they're hopeful but realistic towards the situation so there really hasn't been any sh*t-talkin goin on.  I could not pass up the opportunity though-    My Sister-in-Law was over for Thanksgiving and I say "Hey do ya know who Rob Gronkowski is?" (we hadn't been discussing football yet so she couldn't make a connection to the game)  She was like "Uhh no" Then I was like "You will after Sunday!" Then my wife chimes in "Damn sis you got served!" Yeah good times
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

That a picture of your wife or sis? Nice girl

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Eagles are a wildcard.  Sometimes they look good, sometimes they look horrible.  I like this game much better with Vick, Asomugha, and Rogers-Cromartie out of the game.  If they were all playing I would be pretty nervous about this game.  At this point I feel better going into this game but still not totally confident.  They have a huge chip on their shoulder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pennasoxfan67. Show pennasoxfan67's posts

Also down here in PA and have to say that the normally obnoxious Eagles fans are pretty contrite.  I guess being 4-6 after all the "dream team" BS will do that.  Since I watch the Eagles a lot (always on down here) I will call myself an expert on the subject of Sunday's match-up and concur with those who advise Pats fans not to take this game too lightly.  The Eagles are a desperate football team right now and I am looking for them to game plan very well for Sunday.  Look for them to bring a lot of whoopazz Brady's way on D.  It's worked against Tom where teams were able to blitz before we made the adjustments and started to run some draws and screens.  Do I think we will win?  Hell yes.  But my advice to those Pats faithful shlepping down I-95 to the Linc on Sunday...and this is the same advice I give to all visiting team's fans....don't bring the car with the Pats stuff all over it.  Philly fans are THE worst, most self entitled, nastiest, spoiled troglodytes on the planet.  Your vehicle will be keyed into small pieces by these drunken louts by halftime.  Believe me...I learned the hard way.  Go Pats!  31-17.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

BB calls the Eagles the best team that the Pats haved faced this season. With the possible exception of the Steelers, he might be right: http://delcotimes.com/articles/2011/11/24/sports/doc4ecd9a8e8754c744344223.txt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The Eagles are a wildcard.  Sometimes they look good, sometimes they look horrible.  I like this game much better with Vick, Asomugha, and Rogers-Cromartie out of the game.  If they were all playing I would be pretty nervous about this game.  At this point I feel better going into this game but still not totally confident.  They have a huge chip on their shoulder.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Asomugha's injury is a hyperextended left knee. It remains to be seen whether or not he can play. My guess is that he'll be out: http://delcotimes.com/articles/2011/11/24/sports/doc4ecd9a8e8754c744344223.
    txt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

There's no way this will be an easy game, the Pats are running the zone (bend don't break) defense and even young Tyler Palko was able to take his team down the field repeatedly. The difference here is Philly has the #1 running back in football to punch it in and a highly mobile quarteback......whoever plays.
    The Eagles D will have their ears pinned back trying to model the first half of the KC game blitzing like crazy.
    I think the Rogers-Cromartie injury may be more trouble for them than Asomugha's as he probably would have been on Gronk.

The formula, if the Pats come out and play like the first half last week they lose, if the play like the second half they win easy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wait.....this just in.........a new injury on the Pats side of the field.........Ocho didn't make practice today due to a hammy.

That's it, we're screwed!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]But... fear a team who's back is against the wall and injured!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]
    a team of this caliber would be stupid to be fearful in that situation. When you have someone against the wall and injured is the time you truly focus and give them that knock out punch. The Pats have to be aggressive and use the sense of fear as courage to make big plays against a team who is always one play away from a big score. 

The Pats will be fine if BB prepares them as he should and our OL gives Brady good protection.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Here's hoping it doesn't take a full half of football for O'Brien to figure-out what the opposing defense is doing.  I'd run no huddle the whole game... get Edelman or Vereen the ball with some space to move... please not the sos.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Also down here in PA and have to say that the normally obnoxious Eagles fans are pretty contrite.  I guess being 4-6 after all the "dream team" BS will do that.  Since I watch the Eagles a lot (always on down here) I will call myself an expert on the subject of Sunday's match-up and concur with those who advise Pats fans not to take this game too lightly.  The Eagles are a desperate football team right now and I am looking for them to game plan very well for Sunday.  Look for them to bring a lot of whoopazz Brady's way on D.  It's worked against Tom where teams were able to blitz before we made the adjustments and started to run some draws and screens.  Do I think we will win?  Hell yes.  But my advice to those Pats faithful shlepping down I-95 to the Linc on Sunday...and this is the same advice I give to all visiting team's fans....don't bring the car with the Pats stuff all over it.  Philly fans are THE worst, most self entitled, nastiest, spoiled troglodytes on the planet.  Your vehicle will be keyed into small pieces by these drunken louts by halftime.  Believe me...I learned the hard way.  Go Pats!  31-17.
    Posted by pennasoxfan67[/QUOTE]

You're spot on about Philly fans. Be it fans of the 76ers, Flyers, Phillies, or Eagles...there are none more nasty, and obnoxious. They are far worse than Yankee fans or Jets fans. 

The Pats need to end the Eagles' season this Sunday...before this cast of oafs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Basketball is back! *sarcastic yay*

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

No sympathy for any other teams injuries, not since the reactions when TB12 got hurt in 2007...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think we can safely say that the NFC East has turned out to be substantially less than advertised, but the Iggs are probably better than their record might indicate and have certainly improved since they stopped reading their own press clippings. Vince Young is another one of those guys who keeps you scratching your head as to how he's compiled the winning record he has, but his mobility alone will create headaches the Pats don't need. Conversely, the Pats are built to attack Philly down the middle of the field, where it is most vulnerable. This is like predicting an easterly sunrise, but Gronkowski and Hernandez should kill them, if Brady doesn't get killed first.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Wait.....this just in.........a new injury on the Pats side of the field.........Ocho didn't make practice today due to a hammy. That's it, we're screwed!
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam,

Exactly !! Without Ocho out there for Brady to pay little to no attention to we are screwed. Now we need Price to have a huge game with zero receptions !!

Seriously though it would be nice to see Ocho contribute with 5-6 catches and finally see Price contribute as the deep threat we keep on hearing about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Basketball is back! *sarcastic yay*
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

Phil,

Just as sarcastically speaking, I'm really looking forward to the NBA this season.
    NOT !!

As I wrote in another thread, the folks I feel for are the vendors and people employed by those vendors who have lost a large percentage of their income because of the greed on both sides of this ridiculous labor dispute.

Hetchinspete.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Wait.....this just in.........a new injury on the Pats side of the field.........Ocho didn't make practice today due to a hammy. That's it, we're screwed!
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I know, there goes two of Tom's receptions!!!!!!! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]     BB calls the Eagles the best team that the Pats haved faced this season.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah right, he been eating hash brownies? The best- no way

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think we can safely say that the NFC East has turned out to be substantially less than advertised, but the Iggs are probably better than their record might indicate and have certainly improved since they stopped reading their own press clippings. Vince Young is another one of those guys who keeps you scratching your head as to how he's compiled the winning record he has, but his mobility alone will create headaches the Pats don't need. Conversely, the Pats are built to attack Philly down the middle of the field, where it is most vulnerable. This is like predicting an easterly sunrise, but Gronkowski and Hernandez should kill them, if Brady doesn't get killed first.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yes...the ability of the OL to protect Tom will likely decide this game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I am not so worried about them because of the  D line and linebacker play.  I just don't see their D getting it on with us, and I'm confident our D can keep the damage to a minimum.  We seem to do better with containing the running QBs, it must be the more lane disciplined rushing approach we employ.  Most of the Eagle fans here (about an hour out of philly in amish country) almost hope they tank bad enough to get andy reid out.  He may have the locker room, but he for sure lost the fan base.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i am happy that ocho is out, it might give slater/price time to play!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]I am not so worried about them because of the  D line and linebacker play.  I just don't see their D getting it on with us, and I'm confident our D can keep the damage to a minimum.  We seem to do better with containing the running QBs, it must be the more lane disciplined rushing approach we employ.  Most of the Eagle fans here (about an hour out of philly in amish country) almost hope they tank bad enough to get andy reid out.  He may have the locker room, but he for sure lost the fan base.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Where do you live in Amish Country?  I live in Berks County.

Sections
Shortcuts