WOW! according to bb, he has yet to even talk to TALIB! no game time for 3 weeks!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: WOW! according to bb, he has yet to even talk to TALIB! no game time for 3 weeks!

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's interesting about this audio interview, actually, for the real fans is that Holley asks about BB's reaction to missing on some CBs. As per expected, BB says he misses, as do all other GMs. Then, Holley asks about the complexity of BB's D and what he asks of DBs to get what he wants, with Holley using the Colts as an example of a D that is easier to adjust to out of college.

Hilarious.

I use the Colts as an example constantly when trying to explain that a COlts one dimensional 4-3 NCAA kind of D is not that same as what BB tries to cultivate here.

Good interview, actually. One of the more interesting ones in a while.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you point here is... What is the point to playing a more complicated defense if you cannot get your players to play it? Shouldn't how well the defense plays and not how complicated it is be the judge of whether or not a D is any good?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: WOW! according to bb, he has yet to even talk to TALIB! no game time for 3 weeks!

"You're a liar and a horrendously annoying troll"

Hmm a lot of folks think Commie is a troll but I see Commie as a passionate fan of Boston sports. That said it was out of bounds for Commie to get into your politics, erroneous or not, that's not cool. 

Commie does seem to have an "prisoner of the moment" issue, gets very excited about things and posts stream of conciousness rants that do seem to have an attention seeking quality, but I see that as more attention-seeking than intentionally trolling others. I haven't seen Commie use any other screen personas than Capitalist Avenger, I believe Commie is posting as himself. Also believe Commie is older than you describe and also a business owner of some kind. For what it's worth. 

That said Neil you are right on in your critique of this post. The interview was great but Commie's interpretation and dreaded "prediction sure to go wrong" took the whole thing off course. Commie being shocked that BB is obeying league rules on player contact doesn't make much sense. 

"As per expected, BB says he misses, as do all other GMs."

I'd say that's true of all areas except the secondary. There I would be surprised to learn if any long standing GMs have whiffed as much as BB. His recording of drafting useable secondary players, much less good ones, is shockingly poor when compared to the other areas he has drafted in which are much more hit or miss. Except wide receiver which has also been miss. 

However I don't believe in separating drafting from trades and other roster moves and there Rodney Harrison stands out and raises Bill's grade in that area quite a bit. Same true in wide receiver where he's had much more impact via trades/free agents than draft picks. It may be he just needs to realize where drafting is more effective for him and where free agency is more effective. 

Sophisticated systems are great but if it prevents you from drafting raw talent it's not so great. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"You're a liar and a horrendously annoying troll"

Hmm a lot of folks think Commie is a troll but I see Commie as a passionate fan of Boston sports. That said it was out of bounds for Commie to get into your politics, erroneous or not, that's not cool. 

Commie does seem to have an "prisoner of the moment" issue, gets very excited about things and posts stream of conciousness rants that do seem to have an attention seeking quality, but I see that as more attention-seeking than intentionally trolling others. I haven't seen Commie use any other screen personas than Capitalist Avenger, I believe Commie is posting as himself. Also believe Commie is older than you describe and also a business owner of some kind. For what it's worth. 

That said Neil you are right on in your critique of this post. The interview was great but Commie's interpretation and dreaded "prediction sure to go wrong" took the whole thing off course. Commie being shocked that BB is obeying league rules on player contact doesn't make much sense. 

"As per expected, BB says he misses, as do all other GMs."

I'd say that's true of all areas except the secondary. There I would be surprised to learn if any long standing GMs have whiffed as much as BB. His recording of drafting useable secondary players, much less good ones, is shockingly poor when compared to the other areas he has drafted in which are much more hit or miss. Except wide receiver which has also been miss. 

However I don't believe in separating drafting from trades and other roster moves and there Rodney Harrison stands out and raises Bill's grade in that area quite a bit. Same true in wide receiver where he's had much more impact via trades/free agents than draft picks. It may be he just needs to realize where drafting is more effective for him and where free agency is more effective. 

Sophisticated systems are great but if it prevents you from drafting raw talent it's not so great. 

[/QUOTE]

i agree with all yoru assessments they are mine as well except as gm incharge of  the draft, he shoudl have top people in there (and not be afraid of having equals there), so between allof them they can draft well at wr adn socndary, etc and the same deal with coaches, not be afraid to have equally smart people in there. good post spanker

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listen to yourself.

You're a 22 year old inbred who is flat out lying on this board. I am not a Rommy lover at all. Didn't vote for him.

I am listening to this broadcast right now and what you're saying right now is a lie.  He never said "we'll play him iin 3 weeks".

You're a liar and a horrendously annoying troll. You're related to Bdbreu, too.

It'll be Dennard at LCB, Arrington or Moore at RCB on Sunday and then they'll give Talib reps in practice next week and see what they have.  How hard is this for people like you?  Did you really get dropped on your head that many times?

What's interesting about this audio interview, actually, for the real fans is that Holley asks about BB's reaction to missing on some CBs. As per expected, BB says he misses, as do all other GMs. Then, Holley asks about the complexity of BB's D and what he asks of DBs to get what he wants, with Holley using the Colts as an example of a D that is easier to adjust to out of college.

Hilarious.

I use the Colts as an example constantly when trying to explain that a COlts one dimensional 4-3 NCAA kind of D is not that same as what BB tries to cultivate here.

Good interview, actually. One of the more interesting ones in a while.

[/QUOTE]

how do u know he is 22?

[/QUOTE]

There's Rusty being the victim and never starting the attacks, LMAO@HIM

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

RUSTY 1 COMMYTOOL 0

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[/QUOTE]

There's Rusty being the victim and never starting the attacks, LMAO@HIM

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I never reply to these ridiculous posts but this one deserves a reply.  What did you want BB to do?  Sit there and twiddle his thumbs?  Well he decided to try to take a calculated gamble to improve his secondary.   The majority of guys who write about football for a living and know more about Talib than you agreed that it was worth the shot to address a need.  Arrington is hurt, Dowling is on IR and, let's face it, the secondary could use some help even if those guys are available.   

This is a post typical of someone (CC) who would've ripped BB for not getting Talib if the Jets had gotten him.  The answer to your own question is that BB can't talk to the guy.  You wrote it in your post but glossed over it.  

Can you please stop writing posts for the sake of writing posts?  It gets more and more tiresome.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He will play in two weeks when the Colts come to town hopefully. I think that part of his suspension is that he can't practice or have anything to do with the team during that period. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Again, a lot of the naysayers would have ripped BB to pieces for not getting Talib given the circumstances in the secondary, esp. at CB.  He was the best availabe player out there, and BB acknowledged that his secondary needed help by picking this guy up. 

I think the Pats can overcome the loss of a 4th rounder.  And if anyone can put Talib in a position to be successful it's BB.  I'll let BB worry about what Talib's strengths are and how best to utilize him. Worth the gamble, end of story in my mind.  I'd say the same about Chad Johnson and Haynesworth in hindsight.  They were gambles, and BB lost picks, but it was worth a shot. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just listened to the MUST-LISTEN archive of bb's appearance on the big show from earlier today. when asked about talib he was clear that he had some faith but he didnt sound very confident at all. most astounding part was the mention that he had no clue for sure how he was doing since per league rules he is unable to talk to him directly, in response to the hosts' inquiry about whether he was convinced football was the most important thing to this guy (a la haynesworth). bb kept responding in his withdrawn monotone about "we'll see"... bottom line, this guy isnt seeing the field for atleast the next 3 weeks! he will have to prove himself within the system in terms of practice and so forth before the confidence is there to throw him out in there in a real game. more malcolm williams, cole and arrington. so you figure, aqib's suspension ends after this week, he meeets his mates and gets acquainted all next week, then will need another week to get the complexed schemes and to get into playing shape. this man hasnt played any football for almost a month!

[/QUOTE]

I'd faint if you ever posted something that isn't stupid. No Patriots organization personel are allowed to speak with him until afetr the Bills game.