WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???

You said the Giants didnt win, so I am just saying, if we are to look at the G-men being fortunate, werent we as well?

I think Brady is 0-2. I dont need to check, you need to research that one. I dont inculde a win in 03' vs whoever the  bum Qb was  then. I mean recently or vs Eli

For the record, I agree with you Bill. I dont want to make it seem like we dont have a chance, but I always go into games thinking about the worse and then I look for things that could go our way. SO far, I only have in my head how well Eli has played the last month and how that defense is playing lights out.

During the week I have to watch film and do more analysis. I have to see who else we have to play the slot. What else can we do besides pass over the middle, how can our special teams stop turning it over...plenty of things for B.B. to harp on and lets hope it hits home and guys focus in. Everyones Phones should be off in a couple days...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???:
    You said the Giants didnt win, so I am just saying, if we are to look at the G-men being fortunate, werent we as well? I think Brady is 0-2. I dont need to check, you need to research that one. I dont inculde a win in 03' vs whoever the  bum Qb was  then. I mean recently or vs Eli For the record, I agree with you Bill. I dont want to make it seem like we dont have a chance, but I always go into games thinking about the worse and then I look for things that could go our way. SO far, I only have in my head how well Eli has played the last month and how that defense is playing lights out. During the week I have to watch film and do more analysis. I have to see who else we have to play the slot. What else can we do besides pass over the middle, how can our special teams stop turning it over...plenty of things for B.B. to harp on and lets hope it hits home and guys focus in. Everyones Phones should be off in a couple days...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

You forgot the game in the Meadlowlands in which the Pats won to go 16 - 0???!!!!

Secondly, I always think positive and avoid the negative.  I have heard it so often that negative thoughts have a way of coming to fruition.  The best analogy I can use:  Note my golfer avatar..  When I stand over a shot I imagine the GOOD shot I am going to make.  If I am hitting over a water hazard, I see my ball landing on the other side at a distance I know I can hit the ball.  I ignore the water. I see a way to get around the problem and not how the problem will prevent me from succeeding. I like positive thoughts a heck of a lot more than negative ones.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

You said the Giants didnt win, so I am just saying, if we are to look at the G-men being fortunate, werent we as well? I think Brady is 0-2. I dont need to check, you need to research that one. I dont inculde a win in 03' vs whoever the  bum Qb was  then. I mean recently or vs Eli For the record, I agree with you Bill. I dont want to make it seem like we dont have a chance, but I always go into games thinking about the worse and then I look for things that could go our way. SO far, I only have in my head how well Eli has played the last month and how that defense is playing lights out. During the week I have to watch film and do more analysis. I have to see who else we have to play the slot. What else can we do besides pass over the middle, how can our special teams stop turning it over...plenty of things for B.B. to harp on and lets hope it hits home and guys focus in. Everyones Phones should be off in a couple days...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

In football terms using win/loss records from 2007/2008 is just as useless as going back to 2003.  I've done the research and i gave you the record for the Patriots during the Brady era.  Where are you getting the second loss?  The Superbowl in 2008 and this years loss to the Giants?  If so, you would need to include the Patriots win during the 2007 regular season to be fair.  You seem to be skewing statistics to support your negative assumption regarding the Patriots chances against the Giants in two weeks.  If that is your game, so be it I suppose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Relax guys....I forgot about the regular season win in 07. I am not TRYING to skew anything. Its called being wrong, which I have no problem with.

The fact is they still didnt play well in that win and needed a long bomb to Moss to seal the game

My point is regardless of how I feel, the Pats need to play better and We DONT know if they will. Do I want them to go out and win 40 -0, Hell yeah, but I am a realist and the Pats will have to play their best game of the season,

Also the Gaints didnt have Nicks or Bradshaw in last game. Both those guys were factors last night.

You are not worried about who will cover cruz or did you like edlemans coverage on Boldin? Do you think McBride will wait til the 4th to exploit that matchup?

Do you think Brady can throw over the middle vs the Giants?  Last game Brady had 3 pics and one of them were dropped. ALL over the middle as the G-men were waiting for it. That means he has to use Branch and Ocho. Can they get open consistently and can get Brady get the time to throw it outside the numbers?? He hasnt done it much this year

These are my questions....what are yours? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jay, YES to everything about what the Pats can do against the Giants!!  Is there reasons they ARE NOT capable of accomplishing these things in a game??  It would be different if the Patriots are LACKING in certain facets of the game they need to have to win.  We know BOTH the D and O are capable of great games as they have shown it this season!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ok, Fine, You and I are just different I guess. I will be happy as anyone if/when we win, but atleast I wont be shocked or suicidal if we lose.

Gotta be prepared for anything, But I appreciate your optimism. It is refreshing and positive. Still gotta play the game tho'

How can you say we can do all those things with confidence is beyond me.

I have not seen both Offense and Defense come together yet outside the Broncos game which most people will point out that the Broncos had no business being there and were the worst playoff team in some time. That momentum from beating denver def. didnt carry over to this game on offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I'm still confused by the 'we won because of a missed field goal'. Was the field goal going to be worth 4 points for a Ravens win or were the pats going to lay down in the OT? Another 'what if'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

glen, you are right, but you never want a game extended if its the other team storming back. The Ravens had momentum and lets just say I am glad they missed the kick.

The playcalling at the end was getting a bit wierd and I wouldnt have wanted to see the results of O/T.

Good point though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? : They said this about the Ravens, too!!!  Seems EVERY team matches up well with the Pats!!  How about how the Pats match up very well against the OTHER team to WIN?  Why is it always about how the other team can win because of their matchups and not about how the Pats have the horses to win their 4th SB?  Come on, this is a PATRIOTS board and not one in NY.  Talk up YOUR TEAM, acknowledge the other as a challenge and don't worry so much!!! 
    Posted by agcsbill

Well, the history says that the Pats usually beat the Ravens, despite their matchup issues.

Against the Giants, they're 0 for their last 2.

They certainly can win the game, but they have to be smart on offense this time (not the idiotic approach they stuck with through four frustrating quarters in Glendale 4 years ago, which played right into the Giants' hands).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jay... I think we are different in that I do not care to dwell on the negative, although I can acknowledge the possibility.  I prefer to dwell on the positive.  As you said, the game still has to be played by the Patriots and I have no control over that result.  Surprisingly, when they do lose a game, I am sad, but over it pretty quick..  I still have many more things to do than to mope around the house.  Keep it positive, it works most of the time! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? : They certainly can win the game, but they have to be smart on offense this time (not the idiotic approach they stuck with through four frustrating quarters in Glendale 4 years ago, which played right into the Giants' hands).
    Posted by hardright

I wouldn't worry about that particular scenario.  No Moss = no calling bombs every other play for 95% of the game.  If the Giants stop the Pats it will be for another reason.  The offense is not similar to that O at all. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jay appears to be on some sort of a psychotic overload sequence here with paranoia. lol Said it before, say it again: IF NE wants to win a SB, they will win a SB. If they don't want to learn from past mistakes, then you just can't change why ignorance would be a reality again. Jay has a problem wiith being easily led by the media.  The Giants will the media darling for the next 12 days.  This means Jay is scared of the Giants. lol
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

The TRUTH and Manning is now considered the BEST QB in the upcoming SB.  Very much the flavor of the moment.  No 49er punt return miscues and we see Smith and not Manning. I still can't figure out how a team on a 5 game winning streak is considered hotter than a team on a 10 game winning streak!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Here are my thoughts. Brady stunk it up yesterday. Flacco played at least as well as Manning did.  I don't see Manning doing better than Flacco did yesterday. Brady won't have two games like this in a row. So: Pats:  31-20.
    Posted by sheldong

So you think Eli will outright miss Cruz like Flacco missed Smith? I don't. DB's will have to play a hellova lot better than yesterday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? : So you think Eli will outright miss Cruz like Flacco missed Smith? I don't. DB's will have to play a hellova lot better than yesterday.
    Posted by sml1210

Especially on the out routes.  This is what killed them yesterday and tackling!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Eli definitely made some plays yesterday and the 49ers have a great D, but at the end of the day they still only put up 17 points in regulation and probably would have lost if Kyle Williams wasn't an idiot.  He could have easily been picked at least twice if the 49ers DBs didn't kill each other when going for picks.  Eli is definitely a much better QB than in 2007, but he still makes a lot of dumb throws when pressured.  Cruz and Nicks are both great wideouts, but pressure from NE's front 7 will dictate what kind of game Manning has imo.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Eli definitely made some plays yesterday and the 49ers have a great D, but at the end of the day they still only put up 17 points in regulation and probably would have lost if Kyle Williams wasn't an idiot.  He could have easily been picked at least twice if the 49ers DBs didn't kill each other when going for picks.  Eli is definitely a much better QB than in 2007, but he still makes a lot of dumb throws when pressured.  Cruz and Nicks are both great wideouts, but pressure from NE's front 7 will dictate what kind of game Manning has imo.
    Posted by pcmIV

Yes, I saw a few prayer throws in which it took an amazing catch by the receiver.  Cruz made him look better on some throws.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ahhh, crusty there you go again.  I do not listen to the media.

You were the one who predicted a blowout and said the ravens had no chance remember?

Call me paranoid, call be concerned, but scared!???  lol, I dont have to play idiot.

Its called respecting your opponent and not being a yahoo who doesnt know football.

You were wrong about the ravens game. Flacco did play well and Gronk did not have a field day. We did not score over 3 points.

Go ahead do what you want, I could care less. Like I said to Bill, I appreciate his optimism and I may express the same in a few days. I just have to do my homework, but at first sight, this looks like a nightmare matchup and I realy dont care what anything thinks in regards to my comfort zone. None of you will be on the field, but like I said, I appreciate the optimism.

It would be nice though, if from an x's and 's standpoint, someone could actually show me something or tell me how they would approach it since they are that confident. i gave my reasons for concern and all I get back is what?

BIll the reason for Eli being talked up because he played good teams in that 5 game stretch, took out the packers as well.

We have played noone before the Ravens in that 8 game span. Stop being a homer and keep it in perspestive. Eli should be favored and truth is, he is not.

We are.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cb156. Show cb156's posts

Pats will be fine as long as the secondary can figure out how to defend the fade to the left corner of the end zone.  It's the play Eli uses every time. Beat us in the SB, beat us this year during the regular season.  Go watch highlights from Giants games and see how often Eli goes to that play.
    Even the Redskins secondary figured it out.  Watch the late interception Eli threw in that game--inside the red zone, he went to left corner fade again.  Redskins were sitting there waiting for it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ahhh.....,  BIll the reason for Eli being talked up because he played good teams in that 5 game stretch, took out the packers as well. We have played noone before the Ravens in that 8 game span. Stop being a homer and keep it in perspestive. Eli should be favored and truth is, he is not. We are.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

#1 - I agree...  he has played well in THAT STRETCH...  he's due for a stinker, isn't he?
    #2 - A homer means, I think, to be TOTALLY oblivious to certain things.  As you note, I dwell on what the Pats have that can OVERCOME what the other team can do to them. The Pats have shown they CAN defeat any team in spite of what everyone says are their perceived shortcomings.  There is far too much good on this team to even be negative.  That is just the way I am..  see a problem, think of my way past it, not how it can defeat me! 

Sections
Shortcuts