WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???

There is cause to not have confidence. Cupcake regular-season schedule, easy draw versus Denver, Baltimore gave the game away with 2 errors. And the celebration after the "win" where I hear the players say "we are going to the super bowl" as if that were enough.

Not to mention Brady's terrible performance, the injury to Gronk, the worst D in history and the Giants gutting out huge wins against #1 and #2 on the road in bad weather. Giants should win this next one as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???:
    [QUOTE]Just saying....Everyone thought the same with the Ravens too right? Im glad so many folks no football. If we win the game its gonna be because we play better. Not revenge!  That was 5 years ago and most players are gone. How did the pats do avenging their loss from just 2 years ago???  Yeah, like I said. This wont be easy. Why would we run all over the Giants?  WHo else has done that. The Giants may not be the Ravens, but they present their own challenges. The Ravens have a slow D-line and they played guys back to stop the pass and thats why running lanes were open. We will have less luck vs the Giants who will have their backers up at the line and rush their 4 guys. Can we have success running, maybe, but it wont be because of what we did yesterday. These are totally different teams. Micheal Boley is a Beast. JPP, Kiawanuke, Osi, Tuck, these boys get after it. Brady will have to play his best game of the year and our defense will have to find an answer for tha slot position.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

But we did get revenge on the Ravens, in spades.

We avenged a divisional loss with an AFC Chanpionship loss, and just to rub it in, gave them the taste of overtime and a chip shot FG sent them down in flames.

The Ravens must be devastated. Maybe even moreso than a blowout.

We have already shown we can play with the Giants. I say it's our turn to steal the win at the last minute.

I see the D pulling it out at the end with a fluke tip or something. That would be justice.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Last night as the Giants game was coming to an end and it looked like it was going to be a Patriots vs Giants SB I just felt excitement that the Patriots were going to the SB and now have an opportunity to win the SB.  A chance to win is all I ask for at this point and that's exactly what the Patriots get... a chance to do it and thats the way I am going to feel about this SB. 

The season is extended, the hype is going to be 2 full weeks of SB hype with the Patriots and I'm just going to take it all in and look forward to watching the Pats play in the big game and get that chance.  Sure beats watching two weeks of SB hype and a SB game with two teams I couldn't care less about.  The Pats have a chance to now beat the team that ruined their 2007 season, that makes all the 2007 SB highlights we will see these next two weeks a bit more bearable to watch now.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Here are my thoughts.

Brady stunk it up yesterday.
    Flacco played at least as well as Manning did.  I don't see Manning doing better than Flacco did yesterday.
    Brady won't have two games like this in a row.

So:
    Pats:  31-20.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Did you watch yesterdays games. And you feel confident??? I like our chances, but they aint winning nothing the way they played yesterday. They will need to play MUCH better and who knows if they will. Any fan who is worried should be, I thought we had enough yahoo talk already last week,. Lets be realistic. We are fukced! We need to find someone to cover in the slot or were done. Brady hates 4 man rushes and plays his worst against these kinds of defenses.

Been hearing this for about 10 straight weeks now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what???:
    [QUOTE]Pats are in the Super Bowl and there is a surprising amount of pessimism here about their chances against the Giants.  Where's the faith they'll win instead of this whiny "I'm worried about the Giants" crap!!  Yes, the Pats didn't play their best, BUT THEY WON!!  The D probably played better than most thought they would in spite of that horrible O, talk about bad play calling in which they seemed to go conservative yesterday.  Anyway... I am so glad fans DO NOT play the game.  The team has faith they can win and that is where I place my trust because opinions don't play!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Bravo!

Reading some of these so-called fan posts after a win in the Conference Championship was definately a Buzz Killer.  I could have gotten as much enjoyment going over and reading a Ravens or Jets Forum.  

And what happens if the Pats win the Super Bowl 2 to 0 on a Safety for the only score.  Will the threads then be about how Brady and the Offense Sucked?  Or if the the Pats win a shootout by 51 - 49, will the threads be about how the Defense sucked?  This is unbelievable

Like I said last night, I hated that interception on the Slater play as much as anyone else.  But this game also had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. When the Ravens missed that field goal I jumped for joy.  

By the tone of some of these posts one might think that just by simply drawing up an excellent game plan that everything will go as planned like some kind of mathemtical equation.   This is a game of inches especially with evenly matched teams.   

Let Fat Rex/Leon and UD6 moan about this win.  I just want to sit back and enjoy it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

It's more about matchups for me.

The Giants just seem to matchup well with the Pats.

They can rush four and get pressure--and get it up the middle, too, which is a key against Brady.

That allows them to drop 7 and blanket everyone else.

The Pats simply must come out with a different offensive approach for this game. Try to run the ball. If it fails at first, keep trying! At the very least you'll make the defense adjust and maybe draw up 1 extra cover guy into the box, and that could open up the middle a bit more.

If they repeat their Super Bowl XLII approach on offense, then there will be a repeat of the Super Bowl XLII result.

Also, the Giants are going to get more than 20 points in this game. Eli is a much better player than he was in 2007 (let's face it, he got very lucky on that GW touchdown drive that night--should have turned it over twice on that drive).

So...the Pats' offense MUST bring it's "A" game.

One thing that gives me a bit of encouragement is Brady in a dome: Super Bowl XLII was really the only bad indoor game he's ever had--and he does seem to enjoy playing in Peyton's Places, be it the old RCA Dome or this new place..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I'm with Zbellino, enjoying the ride and hoping for the best.  Anythng can happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I prefer NE as percevied underdogs and under the radar. Media will be all over NY's jock and it will just enrage BB and Brady. NY will play man coverage and not change a thing like they did in SB 42.  This will be about execution of the O Line both run blocking and pass blocking.  This  ties into how O'Briens sequences the playcalling. Cannot say it enough, over and over. NE can  win the  game if they just aren't morons on offense with O'Brien. Run that ball and then run it some more. Does Brady want it bad enough to tell O'Brien he wants BJGE as his personal lead back and only to sub him when gassed? Will these questions be answered in time? Will Brady take over and simply tell O'Brien to stop sending in Woodhead over and over like Woodhead gets a bonus on his paycheck to meet a quote for carries? Will this happen? If these things addressed, NE wins the SB. That simple.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

The Giants' D was 25th ranked this year. The 2007 D was better. Our O-line is better than 2007. We should be able to put more points up.

The big question is how the D will handle Eli. They held Eli to 250 yards in the regular season, and they are better now.

I like our chances to at least be in it at the end. And then it all comes down to clutch endgame play and I have a sneaking suspicion lady luck will be on our side this time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Confident, are you kidding people. Give me this Defense we had Yesterday, and I love the Pats Chances. No forget that, I guarantee the Pats win. Heres Why. Our QB just played one of his worst games against a great not good Defense, and we still won. Play calling will be better against the Giants. This defense is now on a mision to prove to everyone that Stats mean nothing. Ridley and Ocho come back. I predicted Revenge before week 1 this season, on Predicting Pats 31-0 over Giants, In the Super Bowl. MHK is being honered by this team. Main reason PATRIOTS will win, they want it more. I was at 2008 Super Bowl and the Giants wanted it more, plain and simple. This is Fuc%$n payback. The Giants are through they're finished. Eli's luck has run out. he didn't beat the 49rs they fumbled twice.No more Eli throwing up the ball and someone getting lucky. Guarantee Pats win

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]It's more about matchups for me. The Giants just seem to matchup well with the Pats. ......One thing that gives me a bit of encouragement is Brady in a dome: Super Bowl XLII was really the only bad indoor game he's ever had--and he does seem to enjoy playing in Peyton's Places, be it the old RCA Dome or this new place..
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]
    They said this about the Ravens, too!!!  Seems EVERY team matches up well with the Pats!!  How about how the Pats match up very well against the OTHER team to WIN?  Why is it always about how the other team can win because of their matchups and not about how the Pats have the horses to win their 4th SB?  Come on, this is a PATRIOTS board and not one in NY.  Talk up YOUR TEAM, acknowledge the other as a challenge and don't worry so much!!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

I'm thrilled! 

I thought the Ravens were the best team in the AFC start to finish and the team did just enough to win.  After the Ravens beat the Steelers for the second time someone (Suggs?) said we'll definitely see them again cause they're the only team that can match us (the Ravens) physically.  Well the Pats did that and they are AFC champs

The Giants are red hot right now but they match up against the Patriots much better than the Saints would have.  Playing indoors the Saints would score 35+ points on Mesrs Edelman, Moore, and Company.  The Giants, probably 24 +/- 3 points.

I'll take my chances that TB will play mistake free and score 28 in the SB.

And I'm not worried about O'Brien.  Calling for a knockout after the Spikes INT was fine.  That was always a trademark of Charlie Weiss and it usually paid big dividends.  Don't forget that no matter how well the defense is playing they are very vulnerable.  Playing not to lose me is the surest way to lose.  Brady should have read it better and not thrown into double coverage.  Look for Slater to run that pattern 2-3 times in the SB as a decoy for someone (Gronk) underneath.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? : The Giants' D was 25th ranked this year. The 2007 D was better. Our O-line is better than 2007. We should be able to put more points up. The big question is how the D will handle Eli. They held Eli to 250 yards in the regular season, and they are better now. I like our chances to at least be in it at the end. And then it all comes down to clutch endgame play and I have a sneaking suspicion lady luck will be on our side this time.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Do you really believe that. Stats are for losers right. They havent looked liked a 25th ranked defense in the last few weeks and neither have we.

Like I said we have to play better to win. Its nice that people want to draw on stats and revenge, but I know better.

Bill, what are you saying??  Do you think we matched up well vs the Ravens yesterday? Barely winning with a missed fg?

I am happy as anyone for the Pats to be in the SB, but I am not gonna act like it was pretty or convincing.

We struggled and will struggle with the Giants as well/

I like Brady in the dome, but hate that its in Indy and Manning knows everything about the place and what to tell Eli.

Looks like another Yahoo week!

The Giants have played some pretty good teams on the way here and we havent even beat a team with a winning record and yet noone is worried?!  Thats nice!

I am gonna be as nervous as ever, praying for a victory and for Eli to eat some more bad food before the SB

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing I am confident about is Brady bouncing back from a bad game. The Pats DID have Flacco rattled early if anyone remembers, but like any B.B. defense, once you get past the games and wrinkles and actually complete a throw, you see its an easy defense to throw against.' Brady needs to be better and so does Chung. I am encouraged by our run game.
    True.  Brady almost never has back-to-back bad games.  I expect him to play well against the Giants.  After all, he has a chance to avenge every team that has defeated him in the play-offs if he beats the Giants in SB XLVI.  He already beat the Broncos and Jets twice, and the Colts and Ravens once.  The Giants are the only other team to beat Brady in the play-offs that he hasn't avenged yet this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Jay, you don't sound confident....  Giants... do you say the WON in SF or the 49'ers LOST?  Seems two punt faux-pas' by the 49ers is the difference for the Giants.  Let's get some positive vibes out of ya!!  (-;

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not worried. I am really enjoying the ride.  In another six seasons, Brady might not be here, this team might not be the same. They might not compete like this.  I'm really just enjoying it. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree with you.  Brady only has a few good years left.  He will be difficult to replace and Bill will probably also be gone.   With a new quarterback and coach it is impossible to predict how long it takes for this team to be good again.  

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Jay, you don't sound confident....  Giants... do you say the WON in SF or the 49'ers LOST?  Seems two punt faux-pas' by the 49ers is the difference for the Giants.  Let's get some positive vibes out of ya!!  (-;
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

What do I have to draw on?

We just barely won.  We are facing a team that Brady is 0-2 against and also has the horses to make Brady look worse than he just played.

Like, I said. If we play well, we may win. Thats all. It wont be because of Revenge, because Brady is crossing off his list, or because Elie is "due" for a bad game.

The Giants may not have won, but neither did we, if you wanna take that route. We were both fortunate.

Brady needs to play better and the secondary has to slow down Nicks, Cruz and Manningham and Becket for that matter.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? :  Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    What do I have to draw on?
    We just barely won.  The Pats WON!!  You can't be positive about that?

We are facing a team that Brady is 0-2 against and also has the horses to make Brady look worse than he just played.  Check your stats, Brady is not 0 -2 against the Giants.  So a team is good and has a D that can stop the Pats O..  does it mean we lay down for them like you seem to imply?

Like, I said. If we play well, we may win. Thats all. Well said, as we always win when we play well!  Nice positive stuff.

It wont be because of Revenge, because Brady is crossing off his list, or because Elie is "due" for a bad game. You are correct, it is about winning the Super Bowl, not revenge!

The Giants may not have won, but neither did we, if you wanna take that route. We were both fortunate. OK, then let's just call the NFL and tell them the Pats do not deserve to be in the SB and let the Ravens take their place.. ah shucks!

Brady needs to play better Duh, not any news here.  What is good, Brady rarely has two bad games in a row.

and the secondary has to slow down Nicks, Cruz and Manningham and Becket for that matter. No rocket science here as this thought applies in most games.. stop the other teams' offensive weapons.

Jay...  be positive!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW, are there a lot of worried fans here or what??? : What do I have to draw on? We just barely won.  We are facing a team that Brady is 0-2 against and also has the horses to make Brady look worse than he just played. Like, I said. If we play well, we may win. Thats all. It wont be because of Revenge, because Brady is crossing off his list, or because Elie is "due" for a bad game. The Giants may not have won, but neither did we, if you wanna take that route. We were both fortunate. Brady needs to play better and the secondary has to slow down Nicks, Cruz and Manningham and Becket for that matter.

0-2?  What are you taking about?  If you are going to take the last 2 matchups that span a time period of four years you should include the "Brady period" going back to 2003.  The team has a record of 2-2 against the Giants over that period.  The only reliable evidence to base an opinion on is the game this year, in which the Giants pulled out a last minute victory.  I understand your concern, but you are going overboard with your negative analysis of the Patriots. 

Sections
Shortcuts