Wow! bb is changing his spots totally this year! Mccourty to Safety Permanently.According to Lomabrdi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Wow! bb is changing his spots totally this year! Mccourty to Safety Permanently.According to Lomabrdi

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

I like it!  Now they just have to decide to play more man to man and less zone.

yeah! i with you on that!

zone is like, here wrs. come sit here and, and here and here, we wont bother in those soft spots in our zone. you can complete passes all day there.

Most of New England's amazing game sealing picks (against Manning in 03 and 04 ... Law Bruschi, et al) were in zone coverage. 

You don't play either exclusively. Adn on any day play a lot of both, for most teams.

It all depends on WHO is playing the position. Good corners make plays in Zone. 

If you are talking that two deep, soft zone ... they play that soft because their corners stink at playing at the line. Better corners equal squat zones. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Wow! bb is changing his spots totally this year! Mccourty to Safety Permanently.According to Lomabrdi

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Safety position is strong in the Draft, this year.

But, BB picking DB's isn't. I'm hoping BB sticks closer to both the lines again this year. That seems to be his strong suit and the further you get away from the lines the worse he tends to pick. Personally I'm hoping he goes OL, and interior DL this year. Maybe take a chance on DB's late (like with Dennard) but keep at it with the lines where he tends to be one of the best drafters in the game

Haha. Select safeties ... just buy your corners Bill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

But, BB picking DB's isn't. I'm hoping BB sticks closer to both the lines again this year. That seems to be his strong suit and the further you get away from the lines the worse he tends to pick. Personally I'm hoping he goes OL, and interior DL this year. Maybe take a chance on DB's late (like with Dennard) but keep at it with the lines where he tends to be one of the best drafters in the game

I'd buy the S's too lol. Wilson, Chung, Meriweather... his S selection hasn't been great recently either.

If I was BB unless they lined up within a 10yrd x 5yrd box from the ball I wouldn't try to draft one within the first 2 rounds. Outside he seems to do alright in but those first 2 he can't get anyone outside of the OL, TE, DL, or LB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

McCourty plays more snaps on defense then any player. This move is not an indictment of his ability. If anything it should force the question to all of us....Is Gregory going to come back? Is Chung going to come back? DMC, Dennard, T-Wilson and Talib are the 4 best players in the secondary if the starting safeties can't play. Get them all on the field.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

Step 1, move him to safety.  Step 2 cut him during his rookie contract is up and admit his bustedness.  We've seen this story before.

Well it could be worse, at least he's not Wilson. McCourty has proved some stability on the field

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Funny thing Is thought # 32 was gonna be a very solid CB.  Everything I heard said he was better than his brother who went much later in the draft. Jason McCourty,, drafted one year earlier was a good Cb but never started, rather he was a jack of all trades his 1st couple years mostly playing slot on 3rd downs, etc. This offseason he was given a Huge contract comparable to those TOP cbs in the league and I was shocked. So a guy who has the same exact build and body type end up cashing in on huge payday from being a late draft pick and his twin brother who was better is now being moved to safety??  and you all think the coaches have NOTHING to do with this...lol

Think about that. We used a 1st rounder on a decent free safety who is just gonna keep things from being outta control but wont start  making plays until he settles in maybe a year later. I think his hips are too stiff to turn and make plays and he is awful at jamming guys but the talent WAS there. Jason is not a shutdown CB by any means and just got beat yesterdat but he turned for the BALL, it was just a perfect pass. We sure do have some tough luck with our DBS man....  WOW

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

His safties selecting has been pretty lame as well.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

No it hasn't. Eugene Wilson was a good pick, Sanders put in good years here and is doing pretty good in Arizona.

Chung is good. You just need a scapegoat.  We'll see on Tavon Wilson.  Ebner is a project, yes.

You win some, you lose some just like EVERY OTHER GM, some of them FAR WORSE and most not picking in the late 1st rd every year like BB.

You're basically asking BB to trade up into the top 10-15 every year, which means less picks like the Jets.

NO THANKS

Jesus. Please learn for once.

Junior. If any of the guys you mentioned were drafted by the jets you would be laughing at their stupidity for taking them.

Those names are average at best, and that's being generous.

Trade up? He's blowing 1st and 2nd rounders on garbage! You don't have to pick in the top 10 to find good football players.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

They aren't stars, but you act like they never did anything here. Wilson was very solid for about 4 years here, through his rookie deal, winning 2 rings. He benefitted from HOFer Rodney Harrison, sure.

Sanders did the same. 5th rd pick. He was a stable, solid player here. 

Why do you think BB needs to/ must draft superstars with every draft pick?  Your irrational expectations are the norm? I think not.   You're in the minority with that logic.

Chung's main flaw is his health and not really having a good Safety partner here.  Meriweather started freelancing was due up for a deal and then released. Sergio Brown didn't work. Gregory got dinged up and is new. Tavon Wilson is a rookie.

Don't expect rookies to be slam dunk players, especially on a complex, highly responsible BB D.

BB has blown 1st rders? Which ones?  Anyone watching this thread, please not the irrational behavior which mirrors Phat Rex's.

How are Babe Parilli and Phat Rex really any different, folks?

C'mon junior. McCourty is at least a disappointment if not a bust for a #1, Meriweather got tossed before the rookie contract was even up and Ras-I was a virtual 1st rounder who is made of glass and can't get on the field. Three guys taken in the top 33 with jack to show for it.

Wheatley, Chung and Butler all 2nd rounders and were dismal picks.

Wake the eph up.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

God I hate the new quoting system.  One thing I learned in this last draft was to never underestimate or assume what BB is going to do with his picks.  I was blown away by Bill's decisions this draft and I am sure I will be again in the next draft.

Sections
Shortcuts