Wow can't believe what I'm hearing on ESPN!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Wow can't believe what I'm hearing on ESPN!

Skip Bayless says Tom Brady is the AP Athlete of the decade--not Tiger Woods

Merrill Hodge studied the coaches tapes and explains why Moss was NOT dogging it and Steve Young agrees  Hodge pointed out that the blocking he did and just being on the field helped the Patriots

Young feels Randy is playing hurt.

Also Bayless feels Brady did everything he could do to win the last SB and if SAMUEL had held on to the interception the Patriots would have won.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Wow can't believe what I'm hearing on ESPN!

In Response to Wow can't believe what I'm hearing on ESPN!:
    [QUOTE]Skip Bayless says Tom Brady is the AP Athlete of the decade--not Tiger Woods Merrill Hodge studied the coaches tapes and explains why Moss was NOT dogging it and Steve Young agrees  Hodge pointed out that the blocking he did and just being on the field helped the Patriots Young feels Randy is playing hurt. Also Bayless feels Brady did everything he could do to win the last SB and if SAMUEL had held on to the interception the Patriots would have won.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Wow, They must feel we are down right now so they are trying to build us back up.
    A vicious cycle. LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The media seems to be doing a little backtracking on Randy.  The comments have softened and some (the analyst from ESPN you mention) are downright supporting him.  To put Hodges comments into perspective, he studied 1-1/2 years of games from Moss with the Vikings to "prove" Moss was quitting with them.  The guy is no friend of Moss.  He says the last game might have been Randy's best game away from the ball; doing other things like blocking.

Brady also brought up a good point.  You can't tell from TV what everyone is doing and why.  TV doesn't tell the whole story.  You can't sit in the stands and see it either (unless you are the rain man).  Heck, even BB likes to say he needs to watch the film before he can say one way or the other.  Hodges studied coaches film.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

THE ALL 22 GAME TAPE is great, thats the coaches tape. Playbook on the nfl network will break it down, also nfl matchup on espn. Although U have to be a night owl like me to watch it, I think its only on at like 3am. Espn is a joke, nfl live, primetime, thats a dog$hit sandwhich. Matchup is good, n playbook I like, but these guys like Mark Schelereth, Jamie Dukes, Marshell Faulk, etc. need to be put to sleep, after being nudered w/ a rusty fork n spoon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]Skip Bayless says Tom Brady is the AP Athlete of the decade--not Tiger Woods Merrill Hodge studied the coaches tapes and explains why Moss was NOT dogging it and Steve Young agrees  Hodge pointed out that the blocking he did and just being on the field helped the Patriots Young feels Randy is playing hurt. Also Bayless feels Brady did everything he could do to win the last SB and if SAMUEL had held on to the interception the Patriots would have won.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]...I thought ESPN was the center of the "hate the patriots" world and anything they said was a lot of garbage not to be listened to. UNLESS OF COURSE IT'S A GOOD THING ABOUT THE PATRIOTS then it's OK. Will you homers and conspiracy theorists make up your minds please??? So MAYBE the stuff they say isn't all anti-patriot and all the whiners here can finally realize it and stop complaining?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

It's purely a case of....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

Should a golfer really be considered an athelete? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Its only because the Pats are 8-5. They must really believe that the Pats have no shot at a Superbowl title this year. If the Pats were 13-0 at this time, it would be 2007 all over again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Skip Bayless has always came of as a Pat fan to me, NEGAME. He always said if Brady had Manning's receivers Brady would have better stats than Manning has. He always calls out Peyton Manning for choking in the playoffs. He even gave the Colts a D+ for the decade, stating that for all the glory that Manning and Dungy had they only produced one ring. He also hates the media favorites like Tiger, Lebron, Peyton, and Arod because he believes that they never get it done in the clutch, unlike Brady, Kobe, Duncan and Ryan Howard. He is the most sane person on ESPN even though he is always so angry looking.

On Hodge, he isn't bias. He calls it as he sees it.

But, yea, plinny said it best. Can a Golfer really be considered an athlete? Golf isn't a sport, it's an elitist game. 0 athleticism in Golf, it's not a sport.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: Wow can't believe what I'm hearing on ESPN!:
    [QUOTE]Should a golfer really be considered an athelete? 
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

Yeah, their right up there with Bowlers and Pool Players.  BTW hear about his Canadian Dr. (who made multiple house visits last month) getting busted for  distribution of (what I believe is) some type of PED.  Then again I think it's common knowledge that Tiger was/is a Roid head.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Golf does take alot of hand eye coordination, no less than baseball, if not more. Only difference between a golfer and a DH in baseball is the DH will have to run occasionally when they get a hit, but I am pretty sure Tiger can run faster than Ortiz if needed. It all depends on how you look at it. I personally think it should be called a sport, just cuz I know how hard it is to hit a golf ball 300 yards down the fairway, it is up there with being able to throw the ball 90 mph, you are born with that kind of talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow can't believe what I'm hearing on ESPN! : Yeah, their right up there with Bowlers and Pool Players.  BTW hear about his Canadian Dr. (who made multiple house visits last month) getting busted for  distribution of (what I believe is) some type of steroid.  Then again I think it's common knowledge that Tiger was/is a Roid head.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

And no, it is very different from Bowlers and Pool Players. I learned to bowl when I was 18 years old and had a 210 point game 6 months into playing. I learned to play Pool also when I was around that age and 6-10 months into that I can clear the table if the ball placement is in favor of me. I have learned to play golf at around the same age, but I can't hit a drive 300 down the fairway no matter what I do. That's the difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Nobody hates a Loser
    Do I hate the Colts- Yes
    Do I hate the Lions- Nope, good luck to them, (unless they get in the way of the Pats and the Super Bowl)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

this is what ive been saying since sunday about moss he was BIG TIME in the run and screen game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Eh.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You guys still watch BSPN?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Perhaps a guilty conscience on their part, Gamer?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

i completely agreed with skip bayless. No way is tiger woods the best athelete of the decade.

I think Tom brady, Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq all deserve to be the athlete of the decade ahead of tiger woods. (you can also throw in Michael phelps, albert pujols, derek jeter. ahead of tiger)

I dont even care about his off the field actions, that has nothing to do with this.

Golf doesnt have anywhere near as many variables as other sports. Tiger woods neve gets double teamed and triple teamed like kobe and shaq did this decade. Tiger doesnt have to go through brutal training camps like Tom brady and peyton manning do annualy!

There is no way tiger woods deserves to be called "the athlete of the decade" when he plays a leisure sport where top physical shape is not required.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Golf definitely is not a sport. How can I say that? easy I have hit a hole in one and once hit an 88 on a par 72. I did this in Vermont where there no such thing as a golf season just 9 months of winter and 3 months of lousy ski conditions.

btw I stink at golf too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

[QUOTE]Should a golfer really be considered an athelete? 
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]
    If you carry fourteen clubs around for 27 holes in a big bag, yes.  Otherwise no.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Wow!  Hey, can that love.  We may need that later.... LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Wow can't believe what I'm hearing on ESPN! : i completely agreed with skip bayless. No way is tiger woods the best athelete of the decade. I think Tom brady, Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq all deserve to be the athlete of the decade ahead of tiger woods. (you can also throw in Michael phelps, albert pujols, derek jeter. ahead of tiger) I dont even care about his off the field actions, that has nothing to do with this. Golf doesnt have anywhere near as many variables as other sports. Tiger woods neve gets double teamed and triple teamed like kobe and shaq did this decade. Tiger doesnt have to go through brutal training camps like Tom brady and peyton manning do annualy! There is no way tiger woods deserves to be called "the athlete of the decade" when he plays a leisure sport where top physical shape is not required.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

I'd put Lance Armstrong over anybody else.  Seven Tour De France wins.  Seven!  To win one is an idividual achievement of a lifetime.  With cycling being the second most popular spectator sport in the world, there are that many more people that try racing.  The talent pool is mighty deep and Lance beat them all.  It is a physical sports masterpiece, a mental sports masterpiece, and an emotional sports masterpiece.  Nothing else like it has ever been done in the recorded history of sports. SEVEN!

As long as he didn't dope...

I am glad people are supporting Moss.  One bad game of receving does not a season, nor career make.  He is having an excellent year, thought like the general team he has had a lean stretch.

This team looked like toast last Sunday and then those Panthers' DBs talked-down Moss and gave the Pats something to unite against.  I sure hope they seize this opportunity.  Last week was an ugly pug.  This week could be pretty cool.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Golf does take alot of hand eye coordination, no less than baseball, if not more. Only difference between a golfer and a DH in baseball is the DH will have to run occasionally when they get a hit, but I am pretty sure Tiger can run faster than Ortiz if needed. It all depends on how you look at it. I personally think it should be called a sport, just cuz I know how hard it is to hit a golf ball 300 yards down the fairway, it is up there with being able to throw the ball 90 mph, you are born with that kind of talent.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

Is hay baling a sport? That is a hard thing to do. 

Golf isn't a sport because you don't break a sweat swinging a stick and having someone else carry your equipment.

And, no, Tiger's athleticism does not make golf a sport. Every other golfer on the tour proves that you don't need to be athletic to play golf.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

They might not look athletic, but they are trust me.... My girlfriend, who watches football with me sometimes but knows nothing about it, think those NFL linemans are fat and slow. I told her they can all run faster than me (6'1 175 and in good shape), and she doesn't believe me.

Hay baling might be hard, but if it can be learned and performed on a level that are considered high just by working hard etc, then it isn't. What I consider sports are things that you see on TV that you can spend your life time working on it and won't come close in doing. I consider golf one of those things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

It's easy to dismiss golf and say it's not a sport when you see some of the fatbellies on the tour. But, if you can overlook the physical punishment of boxing and football, golf is the most difficult to master. I think the top players are amazing. It's also amazing to watch people like Mickelson and Harrington miss easy shots and make an eight and look like a beginner. And speaking of boxing, Mayweather and Pacquiao deserve consideration as Athlete Of The Decade. 

Sections
Shortcuts