WOW cris carter!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

WOW cris carter!!

says he would pick Brady over Manning to win a game if they both had the same talent  to play with.  Tom Jackson's ready to blow a gasket.. Never heard Carter EVER say anything good about the Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: WOW cris carter!!

NEGAME.. yeah, just saw that too.

Note how he positioned that pick:  If Brady has the same receiver corps Manning has at his disposal.  Look at the year Manning is having now and the receivers he is throwing to.  One can only imagine if Brady had such a complete group to throw to his entire career.  Manning has always had a team build the offense "around" Manning.  The Pats, well, they never really built the offense to support Brady.  It was Brady taking what the team gave him.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Depends on when the game is being played. Regular season? Peyton, no one better. Post-season? Tom.

He can tackle, pass, head,
    Michael Carrick is a Red.
    Gerrard, Lampard, Fabregas,
    You're not fit to wipe his @r$3!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Ive heard carter say good things

CC knows that Manning has always had more recvers, he knows what Brady did with his buddy Moss, and he knows that in all 5 SBs that TB led them to winning drives

He knows that PM hasn't but once  

A Qb needs at least 3 quality receivers which Manning has had all yhe time and TB hasnt

He knows that no QB does it every time.

Even Mariano Rivera gave up winning hits in the WS -sometimes it just doesn't go your way

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Imagine what Brady would be doing this season if he had the talent around him that Manning has.  Or really any other top QB has been given to work with this season for that matter.  Disgraceful what Brady has been given.  You don't win Super Bowls with a WR corp made up of so many rookies and UD players, a converted QB to receiver and a receiver who can not stay on the game field. 

Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe now BB can go get his son for nothing playing in the CFL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Imagine what Brady would be doing this season if he had the talent around him that Manning has.  Or really any other top QB has been given to work with this season for that matter.  Disgraceful what Brady has been given.  You don't win Super Bowls with a WR corp made up of so many rookies and UD players, a converted QB to receiver and a receiver who can not stay on the game field. 

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

good cop ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Until this year. You'll see.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Depends on when the game is being played. Regular season? Peyton, no one better. Post-season? Tom.

This might be due to the Patriots being a work in progress during the season always trying to peak in December.

Due to his influence  or coaching it seems Mannings teams always try to showcase their ability and drive up stats during the season which leads to a high level of production and wins but not nessesarily post season sucess.

Saying it has partly to do with temperment but quite a bit to do with philosophy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

another WOW--Ditka says he's starting to like that coach (Belichick)  and he's picking the Pats to win. Scary!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He does have the talent around him but 3 of his key guys are injured. Therefore the rooks are playing a much bigger role early on than planned. You are telling me that the pats offffense isn't as lethal as Denver's with a healthy Gronk, amendola, Vereen and the rest of the kids? I don't buy it. Our group is every bit as talented...we just need them all on the field together. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

This might be due to the Patriots being a work in progress during the season always trying to peak in December.

Due to his influence  or coaching it seems Mannings teams always try to showcase their ability and drive up stats during the season which leads to a high level of production and wins but not nessesarily post season sucess.

Saying it has partly to do with temperment but quite a bit to do with philosophy.

Nope, Peyton, by a pure talent perspective, is superior. He just isn't the same guy in crunch time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I cannot feel that way . I believe there will be and is enough talent to win

Ya know, They got Gronk and Hern and WW If on the field we would have won - so don't get so high and mighty on what they havent done.

They have turned over almost the entire team.

The Pats have won and stayed in the hunt every year. I guess we could have done A Colt thing and gotten the number pick or something along those lines 

So what is your thinking when you r watching a game? that they will lose? No thanks to that. For me I root in a positive frame of mind. if we win it is soon much sweeter

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Manning had better receivers in Indy than the Pats ever had, as good as he has now if you want to get down to it. Harrison and Wayne are HOFers and Clark at his best was as good as any TE in the game.  He managed to win a few against the Pats, but Brady still won most of those games. Beat him last year too, somewhat handily as I recall. Brady has a better record against everybody else too.

Manning is a media darling and Brady is tied to the media hating evil genius, so he will lose out every time in these debates.  People hate the Pats, that's just how it is. Means nothing. Brady's better by any objective measure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Nope, Peyton, by a pure talent perspective, is superior. He just isn't the same guy in crunch time. 

Rusty has gotten to you. You're entitled to your opinion(s), but what Pats fan in their right mind posts what you have posted? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

OOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOO, Marshall Faulk picks the Patriots---Eisen said the loud crash you just heard was Patriot nation falling off the couch in shock!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

OOOOOONOOOOOOOOOOO, Marshall Faulk picks the Patriots---Eisen said the loud crash you just heard was Patriot nation falling off the couch in shock!!!!

Give me my ice skates, I'm going to Hell......................Marshall Faulk? For real?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Rusty has gotten to you. You're entitled to your opinion(s), but what Pats fan in their right mind posts what you have posted? 

Peyton went number 1 in his draft class, he was touted as the most complete QBs since Marino. Tom went 199th. By a pure talent measurement, Tom isn't as good as Peyton.

What makes Tom an all-time great is the fact that Tom has the will to guide his team to victory where Peyton does not. Tom = Clutch, Peyton = Not Clutch. Marino was a more talented QB than Montana, but had "IT". Same as Tom.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Peyton went number 1 in his draft class, he was touted as the most complete QBs since Marino. Tom went 199th. By a pure talent measurement, Tom isn't as good as Peyton.

What makes Tom an all-time great is the fact that Tom has the will to guide his team to victory where Peyton does not. Tom = Clutch, Peyton = Not Clutch. Marino was a more talented QB than Montana, but had "IT". Same as Tom.

Draft position is not a valid measure of talent since everyone agrees it is an inexact science.  Was Ryan Leaf, who was drafted right after Manning, more talented than Brady?  Brady has a much better lifetime winning percentage than Manning (.780 versus .692) and many more playoff wins--despite the fact that Manning has always had a more stable situation around him (same offensive coordinator for a decade, same receivers year after year) and a dome to play most of his games in.  Brady has had to adjust to a different offense almost every year and then play in Buffalo in December.  When Manning has 100 more wins than losses in the NFL he can start to be compared to Brady.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

another WOW--Ditka says he's starting to like that coach (Belichick)  and he's picking the Pats to win. Scary!!

Amazing.  The rest of the crew picked the Falcons thou.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Manning had better receivers in Indy than the Pats ever had, as good as he has now if you want to get down to it. Harrison and Wayne are HOFers and Clark at his best was as good as any TE in the game.  He managed to win a few against the Pats, but Brady still won most of those games. Beat him last year too, somewhat handily as I recall. Brady has a better record against everybody else too.

Manning is a media darling and Brady is tied to the media hating evil genius, so he will lose out every time in these debates.  People hate the Pats, that's just how it is. Means nothing. Brady's better by any objective measure.

Well said Muz.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Well said Muz, soo true. Any rational human would agree with this. Brady is quite simply better than Manning in almost every fasset of the game. I say let Manning go 16-0, let him throw 70 TDs. Let them talk him up all year again all the way to another one and done. Teams that play like the Broncos currently are never keep it going for the year, that's become a cruel fact in the NFL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Cris Carter?  Marshall Faulk?  Mike Ditka?  Complimenting and respecting the Patriots?  WTFFF

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Irish... when the Pats win today in Atlanta, we may hear a lot more about how great BB is as a coach given the young talent this team has.  Each week, it is young this, young that, unheralded, not on same page, yada yada yada.  As many have been saying, give it time and this group may become an amazing one!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I hope you will be eating your words at the end of the SB!!!!! :)

Sections
Shortcuts