Wow.. Jermaine Cunningham!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Wow.. Jermaine Cunningham!!

What are the Pats doing? This is a very STRANGE draft, to say the least.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Wow.. Jermaine Cunningham!!

hard to believe they passed up carlos dunlap

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

^Dunlap is a bum, though the talent is undeniable.....I can't say I know much about Cunningham, what's the story on him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not that strange was considered a 43 DE but a possible 34 Tweener. Good size and very fast for his size. Was extremely underrated due to the other players lining up across from him. High motor and always gives his best

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

he is a hybrid player.but still havent heard much of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I wouldn't mind getting Ricky Sapp either. He is stil out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

After getting minimal playing time his freshman year, Cunningham became a regular starter over the next three seasons. He finished with 34 tackles his senior year and recorded seven sacks even though he missed two games. He also forced two fumbles and recovered another. Cunningham added some bulk before his senior season, but he still lacks the size that would make him a high draft choice. His size, however, does work in his favor as a pass rusher. He is one of the fastest linemen in the draft and has good field vision. Cunningham has great mechanics and he knows how to use his arms and legs to his advantage. He is an outstanding athlete, and he has a strong base of football knowledge. However, strength remains a concern, particularly when defending against the run. Also, despite increased playing time, his number of tackles did go down in 2009, although that may because he played alongside another highly touted defensive end in Carlos Dunlap, who will likely be selected in the first round in April. Any character issues concerns stemming from Cunningham's 2007 arrest for battery are relatively minor and though he missed a few games due to injuries over his four years, his health is not considered a deterrent. Cunningham is likely a third- or fourth-round pick, although some projections say he could make it as high as the late second-round

another player that stinks against the run lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Wow.. Jermaine Cunningham!!:
    Dunlap makes more sense. Bigger head scratcher than that 1st RD pick they made.
    Posted by GrantW

dunlap is an undisciplined under-performer...I have no idea why people are so high on him.  If one thing can be said about the NFL it's that people who try to get by on talent do not pan out  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Dunlap makes more sense. Bigger head scratcher than that 1st RD pick they made.
    Posted by GrantW

Dunlap was very inconsistent and didn't play on every down. Pats this draft is going for players that don't take a single play off and thats what Cunningham does. While the rest of Florida's line didn't work the hardest he was being doubled teamed and still fighting through blocks. Might not have the best #'s but I bet if you moved him to a better line in college his numbers ould have exploded. Solid pik if he's healthy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

no way. if you watched florida...cunningham was the better player. love this pick!

hard to believe they passed up carlos dunlap
    Posted by kansaspatriot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Good pass rushing outside linebacker prospect.  We should also take Ricky Sapp in round 3 if he's available.  If not, Te'o Neisheim.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Mayock said Cunningham in his opinion was a better player than Dunlap. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114592?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

Some video on him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I just saw the highlights and he looks weak...every sack he had it looked like he had trouble taking them down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

lets pick up ricky sapp or everson griffen!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Doesn't stink against the run.  He's not strong enough to defend the run as a DEFENSIVE END, but as an outside linebacker he can use his length and lateral agility to set the edge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbalance617. Show jbalance617's posts

cunningham was under the radar a bit
    but I like the pick... Would like to see us
    go after a tough o-lineman with #58.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

^Dunlap is a bum, though the talent is undeniable.....I can't say I know much about Cunningham, what's the story on him?
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

This post really DOES say it all imo...Carlos Dunlap IS a complete and total underachieving bum...Picture getting lost in long stretches of games at a time, just like Sergio Kindle does for vast stretches, But now ALSO picture a guy not even caring that he gets lost for plays and games on end-AND there ya go=you'd have Carlos Dunlap...like Kindle, IF one could cut out the physical form of what you'd like your DE (Dunlap) OR OLB (Kindle)-Looking like in some ideal world, Those 2 players are your fit...Dunlap like Kindle are sorta like beautiful championship Husky Show Dogs-Big, Got the look....and their heads are filled with dog-cr#p. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

totally agree with you on this. meyer made these picks for us. and i think they are strong picks, having watched a few florida games.

In Response to Re: Wow.. Jermaine Cunningham!! : I watched a lot of UF games and hardly ever heard Dunlaps name called.  He is not a big time playmaker and is a total underachiever.  Spikes is an awesome pick.  Pats fans will love him and Cunningham will be very good.  My sense is that Urban Meyer must have told BB to stear clear of Dunlap and instead take Cunningham.  Nice to have friends in high places!
    Posted by soxfan33928

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamBelichick. Show TeamBelichick's posts

dunlap is lazy not what bill is looking for

Sections
Shortcuts