WOW SOME FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

WOW SOME FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS

We went through the season with Jet trolls all over us.  Then Denver trolls.  As we kept winning, they fell by the wayside.  What we were left with was.... Pats trolls.  Some people, many people actually, who start these crazy stupid threads and usually it goes "I love the Patriots since XXXX, but we are doomed" and go on and on about how EVERYONE is going to roast us, or if they don't, it's because it was a JV squad.  Then we won the division.  Then the 1 seed.  Then it was "I love the Pats since XXXX but they are one and done in the playoffs".  Then we weren't, and they said "I love the Patriots since XXXX but they are toast when they meet good competition".  Then they won, and it's "I love the Patriots since XXXX but they didn't win, the other team lost" OR "I love the Patriots since XXXX but they are toast when the MIGHTY, POWERFUL, SUPERIOR Giants get to them".  

If you are fans, I don't want the team to have any.  You SUCK.  You are the most low, poor, pathetic, low laying mangy success hater sky is falling lame excuse for fans I have heard of.  You p1$s and moan about success, look for failure, REVEL in it, and constantly carp about the organization and its players and coaches when they do well.  When the deliver the goods, you inspect them and find them blemished.  YOU SUCK ALL THE ENJOYMENT OUT OF EVERYTHING YOU DO AND SEE.  EMOTIONAL VAMPIRES.  

I love this team.  NOT perfect, made me crazy in spots, but I don't assume they will fail, EVER.  WHEN they fail, I will discuss it.  I won't enjoy it, and say "see?!?!?! I TOLD YOU!!!!!"  like its a triumph.  People say I don't engage in any valuable conversation because I won't stat-whoore and engage in point by point analysis.  I think value is in enjoying the team, getting together hear and commiserating about losses, and enjoying victories and the failure of the Jests.  But it's getting to be more of a drag, and I avoid it much of the time because we are overrun by you "FANS"  who just want misery and failure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: WOW FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS

It's in the DNA. i called my mother up 3 games to none with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th of the 2004 World Series and she was still nervous they wouldn't pull it out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

How original. Another thread complaining about fans complaining. News flash. Fans complain. Its what they do. Some are worse then others like Patsfan66 or whatever that guys name is, some are opposite ends of the spectrum like Mighty.

However they both bring little to the table but in order to strike up an intelligent conversation with fellow die hard New England Patriot football fans you have to take the good with the bad. It is what it is.

I don't mean to sound like I'm talking down to you but I've been on the board a lot today(seeing as how we just secured our 7th trip to the SB and all) an I have honestly read more threads complaining about "whiners" then actual threads of substance.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bungara. Show bungara's posts

We can't help but expect doom. We're life-long Sox fans, too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The sox won it all recently.  Twice.    ....sigh.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: WOW FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS:
    [QUOTE]How original. Another thread complaining about fans complaining. News flash. Fans complain. Its what they do. Some are worse then others like Patsfan66 or whatever that guys name is, some are opposite ends of the spectrum like Mighty. However they both bring little to the table but in order to strike up an intelligent conversation with fellow die hard New England Patriot football fans you have to take the good with the bad. It is what it is. I don't mean to sound like I'm talking down to you but I've been on the board a lot today(seeing as how we just secured our 7th trip to the SB and all) an I have honestly read more threads complaining about "whiners" then actual threads of substance.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  It's how I feel.  And you are talking down to me.  Your opinion is yours to keep, but if I have rats in the basement, I don't just live with it.  I take some form of action.  I have been on this board in wins, losses, bad endings, etc.  This is just getting absolutely silly.  And no, you haven't read more threads complaining of whiners than actual whining threads.  I can both read and count, so don't attempt to sell me THAT line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Patriots are going to win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WOW FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS : Yeah.  It's how I feel.  And you are talking down to me.  Your opinion is yours to keep, but if I have rats in the basement, I don't just live with it.  I take some form of action.  I have been on this board in wins, losses, bad endings, etc.  This is just getting absolutely silly.  And no, you haven't read more threads complaining of whiners than actual whining threads.  I can both read and count, so don't attempt to sell me THAT line.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

You know what Davedsone... Nice retort sir. If its how you feel then its how you feel. There are a lot of trolls on this board and a lot of Pats fans with negativity. I guess I would rather choose to focus on Patriots football, but then again here I am sucked into a back n forth with you on the previous subject.

I choose to ignore them but it is difficult to weed through the B.S and find a thread worth contributing with so many ninny's on around. Good luck on your endeavors.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

We're getting low draft picks.......AGAIN.  Lucky we have the Saints pick.  Ours could be the 32nd.  We'll never get over this hump with BB running the show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to WOW FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS:
    [QUOTE]We went through the season with Jet trolls all over us.  Then Denver trolls.  As we kept winning, they fell by the wayside.  What we were left with was.... Pats trolls.  Some people, many people actually, who start these crazy stupid threads and usually it goes "I love the Patriots since XXXX, but we are doomed" and go on and on about how EVERYONE is going to roast us, or if they don't, it's because it was a JV squad.  Then we won the division.  Then the 1 seed.  Then it was "I love the Pats since XXXX but they are one and done in the playoffs".  Then we weren't, and they said "I love the Patriots since XXXX but they are toast when they meet good competition".  Then they won, and it's "I love the Patriots since XXXX but they didn't win, the other team lost" OR "I love the Patriots since XXXX but they are toast when the MIGHTY, POWERFUL, SUPERIOR Giants get to them".   If you are fans, I don't want the team to have any.  You SUCK.  You are the most low, poor, pathetic, low laying mangy success hater sky is falling lame excuse for fans I have heard of.  You p1$s and moan about success, look for failure, REVEL in it, and constantly carp about the organization and its players and coaches when they do well.  When the deliver the goods, you inspect them and find them blemished.  YOU SUCK ALL THE ENJOYMENT OUT OF EVERYTHING YOU DO AND SEE.  EMOTIONAL VAMPIRES.   I love this team.  NOT perfect, made me crazy in spots, but I don't assume they will fail, EVER.  WHEN they fail, I will discuss it.  I won't enjoy it, and say "see?!?!?! I TOLD YOU!!!!!"  like its a triumph.  People say I don't engage in any valuable conversation because I won't stat-whoore and engage in point by point analysis.  I think value is in enjoying the team, getting together hear and commiserating about losses, and enjoying victories and the failure of the Jests.  But it's getting to be more of a drag, and I avoid it much of the time because we are overrun by you "FANS"  who just want misery and failure.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you for being discouraged.  About the only thing I would have changed in your post is to change the heading to {Wow Some Fans are worse than Trolls.}

But you are right.  Some "fans" have been so critical that it's helping to suck some of the fun out of this past win.  I don't post that much so nobody is going to miss me.  But if this p---ing and moaning continues day after day until the SB than I'm outta here.   It's kindof like being stuck in a permanent state of glum. Unfortunately Negatives can easily overpower Positives without constantly counter pounching a negative with a greater positive.  

I previously said on another thread that I would rather do battle with Trolls from other teams.  At least doing that can be fun at times.  But beginning last night and throughout the day today, this has not been a fun place to be and that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.   These are the times when we should be excited and backing the Patriots 100%.

And people continuously dumping on BB and TB after what they've brought to the Patriot Organization for as long as they have are either really trolls from other teams or the type of perfectionists that can never be happy about anything.  

PS:

No charge for the psychological opinion.   :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]We're getting low draft picks.......AGAIN.  Lucky we have the Saints pick.  Ours could be the 32nd.  We'll never get over this hump with BB running the show.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

PLEASE tell me you are joking.  PUHHHLEESEEE.  Never mind.  You are joking.  Sorry.  

TrueChamp, yeah, I see your point.  I try to just wade through it and not pay attention, but that is not something I'm good at yet.  

NC-  I did fix the title as you suggested.  Thanks for the advice

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: WOW SOME FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS

Davedsone.. those are bad choices... one should be:  I don't care for them, but put up with it.
    Yes, these "negative nannnies", or "pink hats" to some, are a pain in the a** for all their negativity and the "sky is falling" all the time mentatility, but, that is the way it is with fans.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions whether they are so die hard they can't see the forest for the trees (kool-aid drinkers) or feel they know more about how to run the team than even BB (GM wannabes)!  It is all for the love of the game in the end, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Sports are a BUSINESS. Sports Fans commenting on Sports and their team in general has been part of sport since the Emperor would give thumbs up or thumbs down after a brutal match at the Roman Coliseum.

Unless this site is a kiss the Patriots Butt Site then I’ll assume the tradition of critiquing one’s team is and will continue to be part of sports.

In general Troll has become the most over used word in the American language.

Again, in general, those that yell Troll the most generally do so because they lack the sports knowledge and debating skills to engage in a “point/counter point discussion.

In my opinion those that yell “Troll” on a freakin” BLOGGING SITE should earn immediate banishment.

Perhaps we should simply split this site in two. One for those who only want to kiss butt, and those who enjoy the give and take that a good, and well thought out sports discussion is all about.

Myself, I go back to the ole’ Schaffer Stadium days and sat through many a horrific season when most of you were simply a gleam in your ole’ man’s eyes.

Just as my job performance is critiqued by my Employer every year every athlete should expect to be critiqued each year as well. After all they will be the first to tell you “it’s a business”

Doesn’t mean anyone is more or less of a fan or a better or worse fan. One slides down a slippery slope when deciding who is better than whom.

If sports critiquing was “trolling” then the likes of WEEI would have gone out of business a long time ago.

Those that can’t debate should keep their troll whining to themselves or start a new blogging site called “Romper Room for Sports Fans Butt Kissers” and take 2 Midol’s and check back in tomorrow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: WOW SOME FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS:
    [QUOTE]Sports are a BUSINESS. Sports Fans commenting on Sports and their team in general has been part of sport since the Emperor would give thumbs up or thumbs down after a brutal match at the Roman Coliseum. Unless this site is a kiss the Patriots Butt Site then I’ll assume the tradition of critiquing one’s team is and will continue to be part of sports. In general Troll has become the most over used word in the American language. Again, in general, those that yell Troll the most generally do so because they lack the sports knowledge and debating skills to engage in a “point/counter point discussion. In my opinion those that yell “Troll” on a freakin” BLOGGING SITE should earn immediate banishment. Perhaps we should simply split this site in two. One for those who only want to kiss butt, and those who enjoy the give and take that a good, and well thought out sports discussion is all about. Myself, I go back to the ole’ Schaffer Stadium days and sat through many a horrific season when most of you were simply a gleam in your ole’ man’s eyes. Just as my job performance is critiqued by my Employer every year every athlete should expect to be critiqued each year as well. After all they will be the first to tell you “it’s a business” Doesn’t mean anyone is more or less of a fan or a better or worse fan. One slides down a slippery slope when deciding who is better than whom. If sports critiquing was “trolling” then the likes of WEEI would have gone out of business a long time ago. Those that can’t debate should keep their troll whining to themselves or start a new blogging site called “Romper Room for Sports Fans Butt Kissers” and take 2 Midol’s and check back in tomorrow.    
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

Well you know what they say about opinions.

Seeing as how you brought up your longevity, I go back to the days of a brand new Schaffer Stadium with the bathrooms not working and 50 Gallons of Pee a minute streaming down the corners of the stadium from the third tier down.  I also was a Season Ticket Holder during the early Seventies so dont think you are so high and mighty bub.

However, I think the main point for me is that we couldn't have at least one f--------ing day to enjoy the win.  That's not being a Coolaide Drinker.

If we had lost the game I would have joined in picking fault as to why we lost.  

I can vision it now if the Pat's win the SB, you guys can discuss how they could have played better.  You guys need a room that is Gothic and Dark to challenge every decision made by the Pats.  

BTW, I came here to get away from jerks like Rob Parker but I guess he's your pal and you think he's being objective.  And if all the Fans at Gillette were too busy to cheer because they they had a chalk board drawing up plays and running the team in their own mind would they be "good fans"? 

Bottom line - you read what you want and I'll read what I want.   Stick your Romper Room in your ear. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

You don't go far enough Dave, we need to name names:

TexasPat
    Rusty

That's pretty much it.  These are the worst trolls on this board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The negativity toward both the O and D is not justified. They have been good enough to reach the Super Bowl. That's pretty darned good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: WOW SOME FANS HERE ARE WORSE THAN TROLLS:
    [QUOTE]The negativity toward both the O and D is not justified. They have been good enough to reach the Super Bowl. That's pretty darned good.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I Agree.

It looks like the tone has improved in some of the later threads and that's good. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

HERE WE ARE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Change it from WORSE THAN TROLLS to just TROLLS.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

The sox won it all recently.  Twice.    ....sigh.....

Dave not ragging on you but only those that realize the run is over relish in past victories. Those who hope to keep a run going take honest looks at the teams and see how they can be better then they were before. Personally The way the Sox are going I'll look fondly of those championship years but they have a lot of work to do before they can get back there. With the Pats however I'm not looking at past victories I want to see how this team this year could get better in order to win.

This comment was in reference to this one specific comment and not to the thread as a whole