wow, thats quite a list!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

wow, thats quite a list!

NEPD Editor: Mike Loyko

You can’t have a new football season without predictions and prognostications. You know the well-thought out, researched and analyzed guesses us “experts” make to try and forecast what will happen during the upcoming season.

Here is the space where you can see all my predictions, tell me how crazy or stupid I am, but more importantly add your own 2013 predictions.

Below is my list of comprehensive 2013 NFL predictions. If you wish to fill out yours and see how you do in relation to the NEPD “experts”, simply copy and paste the question list into the comment section and fill it out. We can all take a good long laugh at these once December rolls around. But until then, everyone is right!

New England Patriot Predictions

2013 Record: 13-3
    Teams to Defeat the Patriots: Atlanta, Carolina, Baltimore
    Offensive MVP: Tom Brady
    Defensive MVP: Chandler Jones
    Offensive LVP (Least): Julian Edelman (Injuries), Dan Connolly
    Defensive LVP: Tavon Wilson
    Breakout Offensive Star: Kenbrell Thompkins and Shane Vereen
    Breakout Defensive Star: Alfonzo Dennard
    Most Improved Offensive Player: Marcus Cannon
    Most Improved Defensive Player: Marcus Forston (besides Chandler Jones)
    Unsung Hero: Dane Fletcher
    Best Free Agent Signing: Danny Amendola
    Most Impactful 2013 Draft Pick: Jamie Collins

2013 Patriots Statistical Leaders

Touchdowns: Stevan Ridley
    Receptions: Danny Amendola
    Receiving Yards: Danny Amendola
    Tackles: Jerod Mayo
    Sacks: Chandler Jones
    Interceptions: Alfonzo Dennard (CB), Devin McCourty (S)

Miscellaneous Patriot Predictions

Order of Finish in the AFC East: 1st Place
    How Far in the Playoffs: Super Bowl
    Veteran Player Most Likely to be a Surprise Release: Adrian Wilson
    Players that make the Pro Bowl: Tom Brady, Danny Amendola, Nate Solder, Rob Gronkowski, Vince Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Jerod Mayo and Devin McCourty (FS)
    How Many Games Does Gronk Play: 13
    Touchdown Passes by Brady: 37
    Number of Touchdowns by Tim Tebow: 2
    Player that fails to meet expectations: Aaron Dobson
    Most Overrated Player: Jerod Mayo
    Most Underrated Player: Ryan Wendell
    Practice Squad Player that makes an Impact: Joe Vellano
    Recent Draft Pick Most Likely to Be Cut: Ras-I Dowling (Nate Ebner)
    Player the Patriots passed on in the 2013 Draft that they will Regret: Matt Elam and Tyrann Mathieu
    The Patriots First Selection in the 2014 NFL Draft will be: Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon
    Best Position Grouping: Linebackers
    Worst Position Grouping: Strong Safety

2013 NFL Predictions

AFC Playoff Teams: New England, Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Cincinnati, Tennessee
    NFC Playoff Teams: Giants, Packers, Falcons, 49ers, Seahawks, Bears

AFC Champion: New England Patriots
    NFC Champion: Atlanta Falcons
    Super Bowl Champion: Come on now

NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay
    Offensive Player of the Year: Tom Brady, QB, New England
    Defensive Player of the Year: Luke Kuechly, LB, Carolina
    Offensive Rookie of the Year: Tavon Austin, WR, St. Louis
    Defensive Rookie of the Year: Barkevious Mingo, OLB, Cleveland

Most Improved Team: Arizona Cardinals
    Most Surprising Team: Tennessee Titans
    Biggest Disappointment: Miami Dolphins

Best Off-Season Acquisition: Darrell Revis, CB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Worst Off-Season Acquisition: Ed Reed, FS, Houston Texans (Injuries) – Pat Chung, Connor Barwin a close 2nd

Breakout Offensive Star: Cecil Shorts III, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars
    Breakout Defensive Star: Janoris Jenkins, CB, St. Louis Rams

Most Overrated Player: Ben Roethilisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
    Most Underrated Player: Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, New York Jets

1st pick in 2014 NFL Draft belongs to: Oakland Raiders
    1st Pick in the 2014 Draft: JaDeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

NFL Leader in Rushing: Adrian Peterson
    Receiving Yards: Brandon Marshall
    Sacks: Demarcus Ware
    Interceptions: Janoris Jenkins
    Passing TDs: Tom Brady
    Passing Yards: Peyton Manning

First Coach Fired: Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers
    Coordinator next in line for Head Coaches Job: Jay Gruden, Cincinnati Bengals

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: wow, thats quite a list!

I'd take that season, especially New England in the SB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

All I read when I see that is some googly eyed Millenial in a basement, madly in love with Tom Brady and passing.

And I am not suprised. I would have been shocked if u said anything but that. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The biggest surprise on the list for me was A. Wilson.  I thought he was having a really good camp, or am I mistaken?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

+1

Good, comprehensive, and highly plausible prediction list. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The biggest surprise on the list for me was A. Wilson.  I thought he was having a really good camp, or am I mistaken?

They're not saying he's gonna be cut, just that he'd be the biggest surprise cut out of the veterans.

[/QUOTE]

Then I suppose that the list, at least in that particular item, works for me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

All I read when I see that is some googly eyed Millenial in a basement, madly in love with Tom Brady and passing.

And I am not suprised. I would have been shocked if u said anything but that. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I've noticed that if this clown and Woozy don't post the thread, they complain about it.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Wilson is what he is. Smart vet, knows the position i side and out, big hitter, can play LB which is interesting. He is a step to a step and a half slow in coverage, similar to Gregory and Tavon Wilson. I said last week I think Wilson makes the team, but would not surprise me if he was cut. Tavonmaking it easy for Adrian, but still a long way to go

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Why dont you ever discuss football rather than trolling? You are putting down Brady or b**l washing BB, why. Because you have nothing when it comes to discussing football. Go complain about Brady on the Jets board you troll or go complain about the anti BB media over at ESPN

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Rusty you do know that they don't think Adrian Wilson will be cut right?... They just put him in the catagory because he would be the biggest surprise if he was cut...

It's actually somewhere between the two. They are saying he is the most likely to be cut who would be a surprise. I think there is a loong list of players that would be much more shocking to see cut: Wilfork, Brady, Gronk, Mayo, et al. 

I don't think the writer is going out on a limb on most of those predictions though. With Gronk out, Ridley is the next most likely to lead in TDs. Amendola will be in the Welker role more or less, so of course he'll get the most catches. Wilson has a tremendous resume, but is coming off a bad season, so it's kind of an easy pick to pencil him in. Dobson plays a position that is hard to get into, and he really only projects as one possible role in that regard: flanker. Tavon Wilson wasn't very good last season, so it's not really a stretch to project him to develop flatly. NE has been working Vereen in more and more since last season, so projecting him to "break out" is pretty easy, too. Edelman is always injured. Connoly is the O-line weak link and already getting beat out in camp. Everyone and their dog expects Chandler Jones to be a monster this season. A lot of people are surprised Dowling is not cut already. Etc etc etc.

The only prediction I thought took guts was the Jamie Collins one. The WRs have a much clearer path .... I think either Dobson, Thomkins, or Boyce will be the most impactful rookie. Collins has a stacked DE and LB crew to play through, has been working on his feet which is tougher than on his hands, and might not get the most playing time unless he develops really quickly. 

The 13-3 is a good number. I'm worried more about the matchup against New Orleans than Baltimore, because they seem to have NE's number and really match up well against them. I realize they don't play often (4 years is a bit of time) but really, the last time they played it wasn't close. I agree the Falcons will be a hurdle and a half. They are a good team, and NE will be playing into its identity at that point. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Balls to the wall, a great list!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Rusty you do know that they don't think Adrian Wilson will be cut right?... They just put him in the catagory because he would be the biggest surprise if he was cut...

It's actually somewhere between the two. They are saying he is the most likely to be cut who would be a surprise. I think there is a loong list of players that would be much more shocking to see cut: Wilfork, Brady, Gronk, Mayo, et al. 

I don't think the writer is going out on a limb on most of those predictions though. With Gronk out, Ridley is the next most likely to lead in TDs. Amendola will be in the Welker role more or less, so of course he'll get the most catches. Wilson has a tremendous resume, but is coming off a bad season, so it's kind of an easy pick to pencil him in. Dobson plays a position that is hard to get into, and he really only projects as one possible role in that regard: flanker. Tavon Wilson wasn't very good last season, so it's not really a stretch to project him to develop flatly. NE has been working Vereen in more and more since last season, so projecting him to "break out" is pretty easy, too. Edelman is always injured. Connoly is the O-line weak link and already getting beat out in camp. Everyone and their dog expects Chandler Jones to be a monster this season. A lot of people are surprised Dowling is not cut already. Etc etc etc.

The only prediction I thought took guts was the Jamie Collins one. The WRs have a much clearer path .... I think either Dobson, Thomkins, or Boyce will be the most impactful rookie. Collins has a stacked DE and LB crew to play through, has been working on his feet which is tougher than on his hands, and might not get the most playing time unless he develops really quickly. 

The 13-3 is a good number. I'm worried more about the matchup against New Orleans than Baltimore, because they seem to have NE's number and really match up well against them. I realize they don't play often (4 years is a bit of time) but really, the last time they played it wasn't close. I agree the Falcons will be a hurdle and a half. They are a good team, and NE will be playing into its identity at that point. 

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah that's what i mean. I just don't feel like writing that much hahahaha and yeah the Collins pick was interesting. I figured it'd be Dobson or Thompkins. Especially since they have Thompkins as a breakout offensive star.

[/QUOTE]

I think Thompkins is surprising everyone out there. Sure he wasn't the fastest or the biggest. But hey, triangle numbers are not the end all, be all. 

Anquan Boldin posted a 4.7 40 and Larry Fitz was a 4.5 40 yard guy. 

If the kid is getting reps it means he can contribute. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

You can’t have a new football season without predictions and prognostications. You know the well-thought out, researched and analyzed guesses us “experts” make to try and forecast what will happen during the upcoming season.

Here is the space where you can see all my predictions, tell me how crazy or stupid I am, but more importantly add your own 2013 predictions.

Below is my list of comprehensive 2013 NFL predictions. If you wish to fill out yours and see how you do in relation to the NEPD “experts”, simply copy and paste the question list into the comment section and fill it out. We can all take a good long laugh at these once December rolls around. But until then, everyone is right!

Players that make the Pro Bowl: Tom Brady, Danny Amendola, Nate Solder, Rob Gronkowski, Vince Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Jerod Mayo and Devin McCourty (FS)
    Player the Patriots passed on in the 2013 Draft that they will Regret: Matt Elam and Tyrann Mathieu
    The Patriots First Selection in the 2014 NFL Draft will be: Colt Lyerla, TE, Oregon

2013 NFL Predictions

AFC Playoff Teams: New England, Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Cincinnati, Tennessee

Worst Off-Season Acquisition: Ed Reed, FS, Houston Texans (Injuries) – Pat Chung, Connor Barwin a close 2nd

I like the list but no way does Brady lead the NFL in pasiing TDs with 37? Someone throws at least 40--Manning, Brees, Rodgers?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

2013 NFL Predictions

What's not to like about this list?  If I had to question one thing, it would be Tennessee as a Surprise Play Off Team.  The main reason would be the Titans/Jets Game last year in which both teams were trying their best to lose.  Of course, the Jets won the Losing Battle.  But Tenn was almost as horrible.   

16. This post has been removed.