Wow, This had to be a pretty Sweet Win for The New York Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Wow, This had to be a pretty Sweet Win for The New York Jets

To ALL:

Maybe, Every writer in the media IS correct about The New York Jets simply being too good to even be stopped this upcoming season by ANY other team at all...  I mean, I wasn't able to actually see the Jets verses Giants pre-season game, But Good God, Judging by what I've read thus far, The Jets musta freakin' dismantled 'em!

I checked out NFL.com AND ESPN.com, and DEAR Lord-ey And I know it's only PreSeason and all, BUT Gettin' This "W" to get this dynastic freight train rollin' outta the station for The New York Jets, must feel pretty darn good, ya know?

So, I go on NFL.com first...And man, I HAD ta check out the top-story after reading the headline: 
    WATCH: A Bloody Mess
    See how The Jets drew first blood in the New Meadowlands Turf War, busting Eli Manning's head wide open.   

So I click on the link, and it started with the NFL.com video, And so Sanchez throws a pic and The Giants score, and then there's some (2) sweet 5 yard runs by Shonne Green, and a few more Jets plays were shown (I thought it musta been a few offensive drives for the jets, with the sheer amount of air-time spent on the jets- but I guess it was just 1 drive)...And so after several minutes or so, The Jets score. 

And then I'm unsure what exactly happened, because it cuts to The Giants again, and man-they're at the 1 yard line of The Jets, and so THEN Eli Manning steps back, bumps into Brandon Jacobs, and the ball pops outta Eli's hand, and then what happens next is that during the confusion of the loose ball, Eli's hit from the behind-side of his back, and his helmet pops off from all of this combined, and his head goes forward and hits someone else's facemask.  I thought it was a pretty funny broken play overall, But then I saw that Eli's forehead was bleeding because of the miscommunication with Brandon Jacobs & the broken play...anyway, he needed a couple stitches and they said he's fine.  

BUT sooo weird, THIS is precisely where the NFL.com video ends (they didn't even SHOW Eli Manning getting KILLED by the jets like they said they were gonna, What's Up wid dat? It musta happened later in the game).  Anyway, so I'm thinkin': HOW the heck did the game turn out...WHY didn't they show the rest of the game (weird)?

So, in the end I gotta click on the box score in order to see how the Jets/Giants Game turned out, And so they tell me:

"EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Mark Sanchez was sharp, while Eli Manning needed stitches.

The Giants quarterback needed 12 stitches to close the cut, and showed no sign of concussion after being hurt with 10:45 left in the first half.

Sanchez led the Jets on three scoring drives, overcoming an interception on his first pass, while playing the entire first half in the first football game played at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

The teams traditionally meet in the third game of the preseason, but both wanted to be part of the unveiling of their new $1.6 billion, 82,500-seat home."  

WOW, just idk-W-O-W fellow Pats's Fans...The New York Jets MUST have simply LIT UP the place...sheez!  So alright, alright-There were also like 6 videos (4 or 5 of them were Jets Highlight clips), But anyway- I wanted to get another perspective on matters (honestly though, they really must have killed the giants)...So regardless, I go and check out ESPN.com...

Checking out ESPN.com, I click on the The NY Jets verses NY Giants Top Headline-Story (top of the page), And what da hey-?  It's Eli Manning gettin' some stitches because of what...There was some OTHER busted play with Eli Manning & Brandon Jacobs?   'Cause, it said this:   
         "That's when the busted play happened, and it looked like the Giants' worst nightmare as Manning made like a human pinball. He absorbed three consecutive shots from colliding with Jacobs to getting pummeled by Pace on a clean shot to his unprotected head hitting Leonhard's facemask."
         So, I'm just guessin' here?  But then, Manning has that broken micommunication play accident with Jacobs, THEN he comes back in the game later on, And then Gets Utterly PUMMELED by The Jets Defense, just like how they said it from above!  Right?  

Either way, I say to myself: "Enough of this already...Tell Me MORE about the other parts ofthe game DARN IT!" 

So ESPN.com does...I click on the only other article on ESPN about this Jets vs Giants matchup, and The Headline Reads the following:

Jets's Starters Sharp, Eli Manning bloodied in opening of New Meadowlands Stadium

And so man, simply judging by the article-WHAT a Jets Victory, It MUST have been...  Here it is:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Eli Manning's head was dripping blood, an unsettling sight for the New York Giants and their franchise quarterback.

"Initially, we were all concerned and scared," Giants center Shaun O'Hara said. "When you see a quarterback bleeding like that, it was something out of a Friday The 13th movie."
    It turned out to be only a really gruesome cut that took 12 stitches to close. Manning had X-rays taken and showed no sign of concussion after being hurt with 10:45 left in the first half.

"It's really not an injury," he said. "Nothing serious. I really feel like I could go back out and play right now if I had to."

There was no need for that because his replacement, Jim Sorgi, got the Giants' offense moving enough against the Jets' backup defense.

"As happy as I was with the way our ones played, I was totally disappointed with the way our twos played," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "We got whipped by them."

Mark Sanchez led the Jets on three scoring drives, overcoming an interception on his first pass, while playing the entire first half in the first football game played at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

"Based on the way we moved the ball up and down the field, aside from the interception on the first pass," Sanchez said, "I was happy with my performance."

The teams traditionally meet in the third game of the preseason, but both wanted to be part of the unveiling of their new $1.6 billion, 82,500-seat home.

The big night ended early for Manning, who was hurt when running back Brandon Jacobs rumbled up the middle and smacked into him with his shoulder on a fake handoff.
    After losing the ball, Manning tried to grab it, but was smacked in the middle of his back by
    Calvin Pace. Manning's helmet was knocked off, pushing him forward, face-first. Manning's head plowed into either Jets safety Jim Leonhard or Jacobs, and the quarterback quickly called for the training staff, his hand covered in blood.

"I looked up at the [videoboard] and saw his helmet came off and Jim was coming, and then he was bleeding," Pace said. "We were just kind of playing football."

Sorgi, who backed up Eli's brother, Peyton, in Indianapolis the last few seasons, came in and threw two touchdown passes to rookie Victor Cruz, who finished with three TD catches.

"I don't even know who No. 3 is," Jets linebacker Bart Scott said, "but he looked like Randy Moss out there with those three touchdowns."

This was a Jets home game and the stadium was filled with the team's logos and colors. The Jets also inducted the first six members of their ring of honor, including Joe Namath, who led the franchise to its only Super Bowl in 1969.

"Amazing," Sanchez said. "It was great to see the whole stadium lit up in green and we'll be excited to play every home game here."

The kinks were still being worked out in the stadium as a fire alarm went off in the first quarter that knocked out the public address system until the second quarter.

The Giants host the first regular-season football game against the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 12. The Jets will host their first game the following night, again in front of a national Monday Night Football audience, against the Baltimore Ravens.

"The stadium was beautiful," Jacobs said. "The only bad thing today was the stadium was dressed in green."

Sanchez showed no signs of being tentative in his first game since having the patella-stabilizing ligament in his left knee repaired in February. He was 13 for 17 for 119 yards, including a 4-yard touchdown pass to Brad Smith in the first quarter that tied it at 7.

The newest Jets also made their debuts with LaDainian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor and Brodney Pool all seeing action.

Tomlinson, who played sparingly in the preseason in his nine seasons in San Diego, had 17 yards on eight carries. He also had a 14-yard touchdown run, flashing some nifty moves, nullified by a holding penalty.

"I'm getting back into football shape," he said. "It's something to build on."

One player the Jets didn't have was Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis, who is holding out in a contract dispute.

The Giants, who didn't have several starters play due to injuries, took an early lead by capitalizing on a mistake by Sanchez. On the Jets' second play from scrimmage, Sanchez threw into double coverage to Tomlinson, who had the ball tip off his hands and right to Antrel Rolle. The Giants' safety, acquired from Arizona in the offseason, returned it 59 yards before being tackled at the 1 by Dustin Keller.

~IN The END, There was EXACTLY 1 Single Sentence left, but boy, was I tired.  REGARDLESS You ALL Have GOTTA hand it to The Jets for starting their Run at Their inevitable 2010-11 Lombardi off on the right foot!  Personally, as a Pats's Fan, I'm already pretty wary of facin' such a terrifying foe that's already destroying other squads, And not simply by just the outrageous point differential that the jets obviously had over the giants here in this preseason opener, BUT they apparently left their foe, the Giants, In nothing less than withered tatters & broken heaps on the field of play too!  Heck of a year, heck of a year... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Wow, This had to be a pretty Sweet Win for The New York Jets

the jets did look pretty good - holding bradshaw and jacobs to a yard and making eli looking more confused than he already is. cromartie looked good as well deflecting 2 passes. is the key to defeating the 46 defense getting the ball out quick and power running? or do you want to run it outside

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"the jets did look pretty good - holding bradshaw and jacobs to a yard and making eli looking more confused than he already is. cromartie looked good as well deflecting 2 passes. is the key to defeating the 46 defense getting the ball out quick and power running? or do you want to run it outside"

I mean zero offense, maybe it's me:  But if my thread here were a Blackbeard treasure map, and the overall point of my thread was the X that marked the spot on the Caribbean Island where I has hoping that you'd start digging....you ended up somewhere between a couple of the points on Orion's belt and 13th century Japan. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Loved Sanchize's opening IT...He played almost as good as... Sorgi. Real sharp?  well maybe for the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the jests were inept early but the giants were even more so....

sorry folks but i just dont see all the hoopla being thrown the jests way... the fish actually impressed me more on sunday

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Our old friend, Tedy Bruschi got into the action after the game as well. I shook my head as he sat there lobbing one compliment after another at the jets. If you hadn't watched the game it would've taken you ten minutes to even figure out who they played. It wasn't much different for the game announcers. Gruden in particular must be getting his crank yanked by a jet cheerleader or something. Just makes you shake your head in wonderment. I must have watched a different game. Neither ny team was particularly impressive, yet they made it sound like the jets dominated when the first strings played. There was hardly any mention of the fact that the jets were almost totally healthy, while the Giants were missing about a dozen starters. Add in the fact that the jets kept their first string in the whole first half and the Giants didn't. The jets wanted to win this meaningless game badly to have NYC bragging rights, but failed miserably. I read some stuff on a couple of jet boards and they're congratulating themselves for how tough they were to bloody up Eli. I guess they must've missed how his own back ran into him. As the season wears on and the jets show themselves to be no better than slightly above average, we'll hear less and less about them. That's as it should be.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If you didn't get to see the game last night Laz here is an unbiased Synopsis from someone who hates the Jets. This is the same team we saw last year. The Offense was mediocre against a P!ss poor looking Giants defense and the Jet defense was jacked up and in Midseason form already. However their defense did show a little weakness on the edge especially if you have good hardnose blocking TE's which the Giants didn't but we do. 1st string VS 1st string the Jets are better but thats the G folk they got to play which aint nuttin to brag about.

BTW. I don't like to root for injuries but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Fireman Ed went down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

PreSeason is just that, PreSeason. The Pats traditionally lose all their preseason games. Preseason is just a try out far as I'm concerned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Wow, This had to be a pretty Sweet Win for The New York Jets:
    [QUOTE]If you didn't get to see the game last night Laz here is an unbiased Synopsis from someone who hates the Jets. This is the same team we saw last year. The Offense was mediocre against a P!ss poor looking Giants defense and the Jet defense was jacked up and in Midseason form already. However their defense did show a little weakness on the edge especially if you have good hardnose blocking TE's which the Giants didn't but we do. 1st string VS 1st string the Jets are better but thats the G folk they got to play which aint nuttin to brag about. BTW. I don't like to root for injuries but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Fireman Ed went down.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    thats how the phins won the first matchup with the jets last year...pound the rock between the tackles and use playaction to get those linebackers to move up, clearing the way to either get the safeties to move up, or leaving room for the TE to wander in the passing game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Wow, This had to be a pretty Sweet Win for The New York Jets:
    [QUOTE]PreSeason is just that, PreSeason. The Pats traditionally lose all their preseason games. Preseason is just a try out far as I'm concerned.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]

the pats traditionally try to win all games...go back and check...they may not win them all but bills philosophy is to create a culture of winning...preseason or not...

this game was more about seeing what all the hype was about...and I didnt see anything different from the 8-8 team i saw last year...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow, This had to be a pretty Sweet Win for The New York Jets : thats how the phins won the first matchup with the jets last year...pound the rock between the tackles and use playaction to get those linebackers to move up, clearing the way to either get the safeties to move up, or leaving room for the TE to wander in the passing game
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

They can be had, that's for sure. The Colts and the Pats can both out score them. I'm still waiting to see what the Dolphins have on offense. Hopefully you get some good weather this week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

the pats traditionally try to win all games...go back and check...they may not win them all but bills philosophy is to create a culture of winning...preseason or not...

Trying to and winning is a different thing.

2004 1-3
    2005 2-2
    2006 2-2
    2007 2-2
    2008 0-4
    2009 3-1

I think that Belichick trys to play a lot of situational football in preseason and put players in situations that may see once or twice in the season. Make them play to see how they handle stress and diversity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Is Laz being sarcastic here?
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I believe so. That's his shtick

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

I honestly thought, after listening to 660 this morning, that the *JETS* won this game by a blowout... I was shocked to see the score. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

This reminds me of Jeff Van Gundy saying the Heat will win more than 72 games without them even stepping on the floor.  Create the hype and set the expectations higher than what is realistic, that should go over well in NY If the team craps itself.  They haven't even taken the field in a meaningful game and the Jets are already the best team ever if you read certain media outlets.  Even though I cannot fault Ryan for setting expectations high, he should be a little more reserved in making his comments like he does in public.  Lots of teams wilt under the pressure, and I can't wait to see the NY papers if Sanchez throws more INT's than TD's and doesn't have a Brady-like year.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Yeah, two points stand out here.... Jets so desperate for a W they played first team ALL FIRST HALF.  Wow.  Second, Sanchez looked pretty good, Edwards eh, and Rex didn't play vanilla at all.  So here is more tape to analyse because he absolutely had to win.  Mixed fronts, blitz packages, its all there, he used it all.  AND GOT BEAT BADLY.  BTW, Kevin O'Connell came in and got killed right at the end.  Ha ha ha.  All the premature Jet loving will make their dismantling at our hands that much sweeter.  The Giants just physically manhandled them.  Jets got their licks in, but the final score told the story here.  Giants 3rd QB looked sharp also.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

why does this stupid person start a thread that says the Jets won...um get your facts straight the GIANTS won. And when the Jets play the Patriots take note the PATS will win. They sound like a troll that doesn't have their facts right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"why does this stupid person start a thread that says the Jets won...um get your facts straight the GIANTS won. And when the Jets play the Patriots take note the PATS will win. They sound like a troll that doesn't have their facts right."

At work, so I'll read the rest of the responses later, But man ROFLOL, I eat this type of stuff up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]why does this stupid person start a thread that says the Jets won...um get your facts straight the GIANTS won. And when the Jets play the Patriots take note the PATS will win. They sound like a troll that doesn't have their facts right.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

Wow!!! You called the OP "stupid" ... and I believe you were serious, LMFAO! And, NO, the poster is not a troll. Go back and read the original post. You make yourself look pretty inane. Perhaps you could find a reading comprehension class to attend as you aren't even close to understanding what was said. Unreal.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]why does this stupid person start a thread that says the Jets won...um get your facts straight the GIANTS won. And when the Jets play the Patriots take note the PATS will win. They sound like a troll that doesn't have their facts right.
    Posted by WelkerRules[/QUOTE]

Actually Laz has an I.Q. of 158 with a hangover and after a quick wake and bake.
    He was being sarcastic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The past 3 years it was LT up the gut for 1, off the edge for 0, up the gut for 2, around the end for minus 1, break one for a whopping 8. 2 yard / carry in a game
    now he's lost 2 steps, 1 out of every 5 is effective

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

phil good post on the stats....my point was the patriots want to win all the games regardless....
     i have heard bill talk about preseason often stating they want to win the games preseason or other wise.... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wow, This had to be a pretty Sweet Win for The New York Jets : Give him a break, he's a typical Patriot fan.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you must be right. I'm glad there are so many intelligent, astute, non-delusional jet fans. Oh wait. Isn't that a compound oxymoron?