Wow - What A Heartbreaker Way To Lose

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Wow - What A Heartbreaker Way To Lose

That reminds me, for grammatical correctness, should they be the Toronto Maple Leaves?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

It might be the biggest collapse/choke job I've ever seen. The Bruins board is all over me being honest.  I mean,  I have played a ton of hockey, lived it, seen it, watch a lot of it, that was bad.   I have no idea how that happens barring the coach not doing things in such  way that prevents 2 goals like that.

Even if it's not his fault he has to be fired. It's Goober Grady Little level.

I am pretty much speecheless and shocked. They may need to fire Julien.  I am not a big fan of knee jerking moves but that is about as unacceptable as it gets.   Barring us hearing of Marchand, Kreicji or Chara being injured, that is unacceptable.

Give me a break!  As much as I hate to admit it, certainly not worse then the Pats losing the SB in the 2007 season.  Undefeated, offense breaking records.  Beat by the Giants due to the defense giving up an 83 yard game winning drive.  That's a collapse!  If your calling for any coaches head due to a collapse it would have been BB's after that game.  The Bruins weren't even supposed to be in the finals.  It was an over achieving season for them.  

You're clueless. Pitt and Boston, on paper, were by far and away the best teams in the East. The Rangers are overrated.  There are really no other teams with Boston's depth, continuity, youth and experience and talent level.  Boston brought back essentially the same team as 2011 minus Thomas and Recchi!  Rask was outstanding in the postseason and should have at least been A Vezina finalist.

Who do you think you are as some pink helmet in Nevada lecturing me on the Boston Bruins?  Are you kidding me?

I picked the Hawks to win it all off the lockout, as I am sure many did.  I had either Pitt or Boston coming out of the East.  Hawks appeared to be healthier in the series, but that's also not an excuse for what happened last night.

Here is the real killer and the Fanboy Club over on the Bs board won't want to hear it:

The botch job in the Iginla deal showed up in the Finals.  Yep.  I said if Jagr isn't a difference maker and the Bs come up  short due to him not helping, it will look horrendous on Chia;s resume. That's not the lone reason why they lost, but the PP last night was atrocious again and Jagr on the ice at even strenght was invisible since he arrived.  He was never a fit here. They should have done whatever was needed to throw in something extra to sweeten that deal because Iginla is far more a fit than Jagr. Far more.  Jagr just cherrypicks, curls and does that sideboard crap as if he's 20 back in Pitt in 1992 vs 41 in 2012.  He is way too slow to be held accountable in Julien's system.  I got mocked over there for saying Jagr uses far too long a stick (he does, it;s ridiculous), and it's because he is way too slow to use the long stick and his tactics of being strong on the puck, using his body and stick for space. It's only a matter of an extra second where he turns it over because he's so freaking slow to move with the puck.  The younger players on the  Hawks easily took it away and transitioned up the ice. This series was about puck control from faceoffs and transition in beteween the blue lines, but those dopey fanboys over there who think they know the game, as if no one else on planet earth does, think Jagr wasn't a massive detriment.  They are dopey fans. They see the name on the jersey, know he is a HOFer and think it's 1998.  Ugh.

It was a disaster to have the trade for Iginla done and then for Iginla to dictate where he was going for a crappier deal from Pitt. It's great Pitt got what was coming to them, but that hurt. I stated it then, and I state it now.  Jagr did absolutely nothing to help the PP and did nothing on the Marchand line whatsoever. His display last night basically quitting because a boo boo on his nose was also classic gutless eastern Euro pansy Jagr.  Hated the guy in the 1990s, still hate him. Not even close to Boston Bruin material.

Yet again we get the 2nd best trade deadline option because our front office isn't aggressive. He was aggressive in 2011 under pressure to do so and I lauded him for it.   That is actually where some of those Fanboys didn't like my comments back then. They didn't want the truth.  The truth was Jacobs made sure we always got the 2nd or 3rd best deadline option or NO option because he didn't want to win a Cup.  He was/is too cheap and a disgusting loser owner.

He gets away with it now because there is a cap, but don't lecture me on that team.  I've been a fan for 30 years and have been to literally 50 games at the old place.  Best arena in the history of earth. My first ever pro sports game was there at age 5, a tie with Calgary.

I like Chia,  but he screwed up royally there.  He was lied to by Feaster which looks bad on Feaster and Chia.

Listen to you talking about collapses as a new pink helmet Pats fan.  A choke is a choke. Brady and our cocky offense choked it down royally in SB 42 and 2 goals in 17 seconds in a must win game with under 2 minutes to go is also a choke.

It's right up there with Goober Grady Little not pulling Pedro. My grandmother was probably yelling at the tv to not let him start the 8th or yank him when the first hit happened.

Julien should have had his best and healthiest defenders out there.  The Bruins stopped skating at times basically throughout the entire series, minus Game 3.  Somewhat unaccpetable, IMO, and that is on Julien.

FRAT!

If a choke is a choke then why are you saying "It might be the biggest collapse/choke job I've ever seen."?

To where I had replyed... I think the Pats 2007 choke was worse.  The Pats were expected to win the SB.  Undefeated season, offense records how could they lose to the Giants. But they lost.  The offense drove down with the game winning drive.  The defense choked!  Big time,  allowing a 83 yard game winning drive by the Giants.  Now that was a much bigger choke job, you don't agree??  The Bruins weren't expect to make it as far as they did, let alone win.   The Pats were a pretty much lock!!!  So if you think Julien s/b fired for that then certainly BB s/b fired for that SB loss.  It was on him!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Giving up 2 goals w/i 20 seconds....and victory was 2 minutes away.

For a minute I thought we were talking about Toronto.  Karma baby!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

You're a maroon. It's essentially the same team from 2011.  "Overachieved"? They blew Game 1 and it came back to haunt them. Botching the Iginla deal also showed up. End of story.

RESPONSE: Really? Who played goalie for the B's in 2011?? Who was the MVP in those play-offs? Talk about being a "maroon"...LOL!!!

Funny how when the Pats defense loses people to injuries, maroons like you come in here and ignore those key injuries and how it affects our defense.

RESPONSE: Please show me an example of where I did that?

Andre Carter in 2011, Talib and Jones this past year. Meanwhile, Brady plays like he can't wait to hop on a plane with Giselle and Wes and go lay on a beach in Costa Rica.

RESPONSE: Injuries are part of the game, son. Mark Anderson did a great job replacing Carter in 2011. If you want to talk injuries that year, talk about Gronk. "Brady can't hop on a plane...etc"?? He's playing with worthless WRs, a great slot receiver, is without his greatest weapon in Gronk...while playing against a team with the best pass rush in the game.  

The team UNDER achieved in the regular season, slept walked through the 1st rd until the last 10 minutes.

RESPONSE: There's no way on paper that the Bs had any business beating Pittsburgh, or Chicago. They had great run, like they did in 2011. But, Tukka Raask was no Tim Thomas.

Very frustrating season if you are a real Bruins fan. Julien needed to get them to play 60 minutes in that game last night and he still couldn't get it done.  That was their problem the entire series.

RESPONSE: When a good team plays a very good team, the good team can't afford to let up. In this case, the very good team, which, incidently, finished with the leagues' best regular season record, wore the Bruins down.

I get it...Ned. You're Rusty, under another stupid name, after being banned yet again. Only Rusty can be this ignorant. LOL!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would agree that the all time greatest scoring offense in NFL history putting up 14 points is the worse of the choke job.

Yet the offense scored to take the lead with less then 3 minutes left to go in the game.  The Defense Choked!  The defense played good all game long and then they choked at the end!!  Just like the Bruins did last night at the end.  Yet you are saying their choke job was worse then the Patriots D's choke job?  Give me a break.  Why can't you admit BB's defense choked?  Why is that so hard for you to do?  Why do you feel like you have to protect BB?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I would agree that the all time greatest scoring offense in NFL history putting up 14 points is the worse of the choke job.

Yet the offense scored to take the lead with less then 3 minutes left to go in the game.  The Defense Choked!  The defense played good all game long and then they choked at the end!!  Just like the Bruins did last night at the end.  Yet you are saying their choke job was worse then the Patriots D's choke job?  Give me a break.  Why can't you admit BB's defense choked?  Why is that so hard for you to do?  Why do you feel like you have to protect BB?

RESPONSE: Why continue to rehash that awful loss? The media sprung "Spygate II" on the eve of that game to distract the Patriots and, unfortunately, they were successful...as the Pats played their worst game of the season.

Then again, give the Giants credit. They had a very good team, that peaked at just the right time. Remember, the Patriots barely beat the Giants that year, 38-35, just a few weeks before the SB, in the final game of that season...in a game in which the Giants actually outplayed the Patriots.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Without reading all the prior posts (too painful and too time consuming), my take is they lost to a better team. Not a decidely better team, but a more skilled team that found its game after game 3. The Blackhawk coaching staff basically changed their entire approach after that game and just took it to the Bs, and they have more skilled players than Boston and they just plain outplayed them. They deserved to win.  They're also a team that is hard to dislike, they're hard working, disciplined and smart, on top of being very skilled. It's not like Pittsburgh, it was easy to build up some good, old fashioned animosity towards them and their arrogance.

On the other hand, it could have just as easily gone the other way and it wouldn't have been the least bit surprising, which is what makes it so tough to take. Too bad Detroit couldn't have taken Chicago out, that would have been the Bs best chance.

I'd argue that the loss to Philly in 2010 was worse, and they came back the next year to win the Cup, so I don't think this is the end of their run or anything like that. It would be nice to see Seguin take a leap and become a player like Toews or Kane is for Chicago. I don't think the Bs have anybody else with that skill level and I think he has it in him. He's still pretty young. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I get it...Ned. You're Rusty, under another stupid name, after being banned yet again. Only Rusty can be this ignorant. LOL!!!

Yep!  You are right TP, Ned is Rusty with a different screen name due to another banning.

It's just amazing all the garbage he talks around here and then calls everyone else dumb along with other names.  He needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror, he is a joke!

I was on the Bruins forum last night just watching, not posting, in the game thread during the game and guess who was in there causing all sorts of trouble?  Rusty, oh I mean Ned! LOL!!  He was making the same lame comments over there as he is here and they were slapping him around pretty good over there too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I do not follow hockey so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but there seems to be a lot of Rask is no Tim Thomas talk following last night's loss.  While Thomas had a heck of a run it is worth pointing out that in the Finals of that season the Bruins scored a combined 21 goals in their 4 wins against Vancouver.  That is way more than they scored in this entire series.  As a casual observer that is something that stands out to me.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Despite what Rusty says, the Blackhawks were the best team all year and deserved to win the Cup. It wasn't even the biggest collapse we've seen in a Bruins game this postseason nevermind all time...

Good season from the B's but they just didn't have enough to finish it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I do not follow hockey so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but there seems to be a lot of Rask is no Tim Thomas talk following last night's loss.  While Thomas had a heck of a run it is worth pointing out that in the Finals of that season the Bruins scored a combined 21 goals in their 4 wins against Vancouver.  That is way more than they scored in this entire series.  As a casual observer that is something that stands out to me.

RESPONSE: To win a Stanley Cup, you need great goal-tending, especially when playing against a better team. The Game 4 loss turned this series around, in Chicago's favor. Had the Bs won that game, they would have gone up, 3-1. Instead, it was 2-2, with two of the next three to be played in Chicago. Boston scored 5 goals Game 4. Yet, it wasn't enough.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep!  You are right TP, Ned is Rusty with a different screen name due to another banning.

It's just amazing all the garbage he talks around here and then calls everyone else dumb along with other names.  He needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror, he is a joke!

I was on the Bruins forum last night just watching, not posting, in the game thread during the game and guess who was in there causing all sorts of trouble?  Rusty, oh I mean Ned! LOL!!  He was making the same lame comments over there as he is here and they were slapping him around pretty good over there too.

Guess it's time to click on "ignore", once more. LOL!!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Despite what Rusty says, the Blackhawks were the best team all year and deserved to win the Cup. It wasn't even the biggest collapse we've seen in a Bruins game this postseason nevermind all time...

In the big picture, it was a fine season.  There is no shame in losing in the Cup finals to a very good team.  That doesn't change the fact that they yakked it up in this game and will be kicking themselves not playing a game 7.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

That's what I said, though. I picked Chicago to win it all before the season. So, how is that "despite" what I said?

2 goals in 17 seconds to lose a game you took over in the 3rd, to lose at home, the lost the entire series isn't a great collapse?

LOL!!!

Ok, dude.  How foolish of me (or anyone). lol

The Bruins were certainly far capable of playing better in the final 2 minutes, Captain Z.  Sheesh. Game 7s are then a roll of the dice.  So, off the high horse, please.

You said in a previous post that the Blackhawks did not win, the Bruins lost. That line right there is a backhand to the winning team.Your analysis on Bruins compared to Patriots is like black and white. If anyone analyzed the Pats the way you do the Bruins you'd call them a troll. It gets old seeing you flip flop and bash the team the second they lose a game. And I never said it wasn't a collapse, greatest of all time though?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Finally, no one should be expecting Thomas style play to happen again. I'd put it up there with the greatest postseason goaltending exhibition I;ve ever seen and that includes Giguere's in 2003, maybe Roy's in '86 or '93, any of the Brodeur stuff, etc. I always felt Hasek was a tad overrated, but even Thomas's 2011 run is above anything Hasek did in postseasons.

Fuhr in his Oilers days was great a lot of time and left on his own, but he also had like 5+ goals to work with every game.

Ranford in '90...against our B's. I hate to give it to him because a lot of it looked like luck at times, but that's one you could point to.

Bottomline is B's blew Game 1 and it wasn't on Rask, it was on the guys stopping skating and not finishing. The Hawks can really skate so if you aren't skating for one millisecond or making the right decision with the puck especially between the blue lines, you're susceptible to what happened last night.

I'm old enough to remember Ken Dryden against the Bs in 1971. I don't think there's ever been a more dominating performance by a goalie. And that was against an absolutely loaded Bruins team. I think they had the top three and four of the top six scorers in the league, or something along those lines. Orr and Espo at their peak.

As for Rask, he was amazing against Pitt and NYR, and for the first three games against Chicago. Then he was just OK. I thought the key to game 6 was that the Bs dominated the first half of the game, they were peppering Crawford but could only manage one goal, while Chicago had far fewer chances and scored a relatively weak goal. Rask should have had that one. Couldn't fault him on the other two.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

It might be the biggest collapse/choke job I've ever seen. The Bruins board is all over me being honest.  I mean,  I have played a ton of hockey, lived it, seen it, watch a lot of it, that was bad.   I have no idea how that happens barring the coach not doing things in such  way that prevents 2 goals like that.

Even if it's not his fault he has to be fired. It's Goober Grady Little level.

I am pretty much speecheless and shocked. They may need to fire Julien.  I am not a big fan of knee jerking moves but that is about as unacceptable as it gets.   Barring us hearing of Marchand, Kreicji or Chara being injured, that is unacceptable.

So what your saying is that since the bruins lost Julien should be fired?So if thats the case shouldnt  BB be fired and no iam not BB bashing or saying to get rid of him cause of loses ,just that it seems to be a double stanard for you .

Sections
Shortcuts