Wow - What A Heartbreaker Way To Lose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

Re: Wow - What A Heartbreaker Way To Lose

Personally I don't feel like the B's have any big time players. Bergeron could be mentioned, but as was said, he was playing with numerous injuries. Their top 6 forwards (Lucic, Marchand, Horton, Krejci) are all players I'd take on my team, but definitely wouldn't count on any of them to win a series for me.

Hawks on the other hand have Kaner, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith. These guys are all skilled players that can make or break a game at any moment. Chara on the ice for 10 of the last 12 goals or something like that. He looked absolutely lost trying to cover Toews and Kane. And that's your series for you.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

bumped 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

[QUO
    Agian this should go for both sides and i've read alot here some praise Brady and you praise BB.This could have played out like this for BB too the players tuning him out right?So if the Pats dont have a deep playoff run BB should be fired right?

It might be the biggest collapse/choke job I've ever seen. The Bruins board is all over me being honest.  I mean,  I have played a ton of hockey, lived it, seen it, watch a lot of it, that was bad.   I have no idea how that happens barring the coach not doing things in such  way that prevents 2 goals like that.

Even if it's not his fault he has to be fired. It's Goober Grady Little level.

I am pretty much speecheless and shocked. They may need to fire Julien.  I am not a big fan of knee jerking moves but that is about as unacceptable as it gets.   Barring us hearing of Marchand, Kreicji or Chara being injured, that is unacceptable.

So what your saying is that since the bruins lost Julien should be fired?So if thats the case shouldnt  BB be fired and no iam not BB bashing or saying to get rid of him cause of loses ,just that it seems to be a double stanard for you .

I don't think he  should definitely be fired. I think he is a very good coach, actually.   Let me amend that statemebt above. I posted that mere minutes after the shocking loss.  He's earned his right to have a coaching blunder which is essentially what that was.

I think after next year, if they don't get back into a deep playoff run, he may need to be.  Something is wrong if your players play an uneven half season as loaded as that team was this year, then almost blow the opening rd series to a team, they possibly looked past, only to be bailed out by a Toronto collapse.

Just saying.

Maybe some players are starting tune him out a bit.  It can happen.  It would explain some of the times this year where they would just blow leads or stop playing at times.  

[/QUOTE]

So just say if the Pats players are tuning BB out which could happen also hes the blame for the loses?I say when a team loses they lose as a team yes there is some things that can be pointed out but the lose as a team as they win as a team!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Despite what Rusty says, the Blackhawks were the best team all year and deserved to win the Cup. It wasn't even the biggest collapse we've seen in a Bruins game this postseason nevermind all time...

Good season from the B's but they just didn't have enough to finish it.

That's what I said, though. I picked Chicago to win it all before the season. So, how is that "despite" what I said?

2 goals in 17 seconds to lose a game you took over in the 3rd, to lose at home, the lost the entire series isn't a great collapse?

LOL!!!

Ok, dude.  How foolish of me (or anyone). lol

The Bruins were certainly far capable of playing better in the final 2 minutes, Captain Z.  Sheesh. Game 7s are then a roll of the dice.  So, off the high horse, please.

You said in a previous post that the Blackhawks did not win, the Bruins lost. That line right there is a backhand to the winning team.Your analysis on Bruins compared to Patriots is like black and white. If anyone analyzed the Pats the way you do the Bruins you'd call them a troll. It gets old seeing you flip flop and bash the team the second they lose a game. And I never said it wasn't a collapse, greatest of all time though?

[/QUOTE]

Last night? Absolutely!  Dude, the Bruins stopped skating for those 2 goals to occur. Stopped skating. Forgive me if earlier in the series in Game 1 they did the same thing and then did it again last night. They're usually very good with not letting mistakes happen twice in such a short span, but oh well.  Chicago was not going to quit, as the B's don't either, so they should have known better.  

Yes, absolutely Boston not finishing by skating hard until the final horn was why those 2 goals occurred. Yes. Sometimes it's just sheer will, but the Bruins team D opened the door for it.

[/QUOTE]
    Again, In the end, the coach is responsible to ensure he has the right guys on the ice, court, field and in the right position based on the situation. Less than 2-min left, Up 2-1. They gave up two golas in 17-sec because the coach didn't have the players prepared, and playing with the right intensity fo rthe situation. He "tubed" and thus, so do the players follow the leader. Coach takes the hit, like it or not.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Great series. Credit and congratulations to the Blackhawks.  I gotta say that with about 4 minutes left it looked like the Pat's D trying to close the deal with a small lead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

In response to saskpatsfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Personally I don't feel like the B's have any big time players. Bergeron could be mentioned, but as was said, he was playing with numerous injuries. Their top 6 forwards (Lucic, Marchand, Horton, Krejci) are all players I'd take on my team, but definitely wouldn't count on any of them to win a series for me.

Hawks on the other hand have Kaner, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Keith. These guys are all skilled players that can make or break a game at any moment. Chara on the ice for 10 of the last 12 goals or something like that. He looked absolutely lost trying to cover Toews and Kane. And that's your series for you.

Chara, now Rask (a clear Vezina Finalist that wasn't), Kreicji, Bergeron, etc, aren't big time players?  Marchand may not be big time, but he's very good with what he does for a team. Same deal Lucic. He had a down year overall, but a power forward who can fight, dictate with physicality and pop in 25 goals isn't big time enough for you? Please, dude.  This team is very young at the core and has been in two Cup Finals in 3 years.

I am glad they are under the radar, though. Our GM won't need to have bloated national value used against him as he tries to keep salaries under control in upcoming seasons.

I am not sure what cap position the Hawks are in and who they have to pay, etc, but good luck keeping that team together.

Seguin, while not having a good playoffs, is 21 years old and has a chance to be as good as a Toews someday.  Bergeron might be the most underrated player in the entire NHL. He just got robbed for the Selke, for example.

Boychuk has emerged into a bonafide mid level D Man, too.  Not a star, but give a lot of good players over a few stars any day of the week. Heck, I'd take McQuaid over basically any team's 6th D Man in the league. Yep.  It's about depth, which is why Boston has the best 4th line in the NHL and has since 2010. Capmbell was a loss, make no mistake.

Dougie Hamilton, Krug and Bartkowski on D in the future and it looks very bright for the team, regardless of how many stars are preceived to be on the club or not.

[/QUOTE]

Hey I am just going by what I saw all playoffs. Yeah Chara did such a magnificent job shutting down Crosby who was on a liquid diet for the past month and a half before the playoffs started. Well done. How about the man, the myth, the legend Phillip Kessel skating circles around ol' Chara in round one? Like I said, I would take all these players on my team because they are quality guys, but big time? Nope.

You complain about a legend like Jagr, yet you don't seem to realize that half the time Lucic looks like he is skating in cement. Yeah he scored some important goals, but I also watched him cough up the puck a lot in key moments. If you are honestly saying the B's top 6 are at the same level as the Hawks, you are out to lunch.

And good luck keeping the Hawks together? Seabrook, Kane, Toews, Crawford, Keith, Hossa, Sharp all on friendly contracts until 2016 at the least. Yeah, they are going to be in so much trouble. After they won in 2010 they had to get rid of a lot more improtant guys (Byfuglien, Ladd) than they will have to after this cup win and yet they still came back and won three years later. 

As soon as you said Jagr is a joke and always has been I'm not sure I can take you seriously.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I'm old enough to remember Ken Dryden against the Bs in 1971. I don't think there's ever been a more dominating performance by a goalie. And that was against an absolutely loaded Bruins team. I think they had the top three and four of the top six scorers in the league, or something along those lines. Orr and Espo at their peak.

RESPONSE: Yes...I remember that jerk Dryden, too...or...as Phil Esposito referred to him, "That thieving giraffe"! Dryden came out of nowhere, and, despite the Bruins being absolutely loaded that year...he was the difference. The pain from that year...along with the losses to the Guy LeFleur/Larry Robinson led Habs of the late 70s, makes me hate the Montreal Canadiens to this day. It brings a smile to my face whenever the Canadiens lose...including preseason games!  LOL!!!  

As for Rask, he was amazing against Pitt and NYR, and for the first three games against Chicago. Then he was just OK. I thought the key to game 6 was that the Bs dominated the first half of the game, they were peppering Crawford but could only manage one goal, while Chicago had far fewer chances and scored a relatively weak goal. Rask should have had that one. Couldn't fault him on the other two.

RESPONSE: Above, you just listed the difference between these two teams. When the Bruins were playing at their best, they were only slightly ahead, and were able to keep the Hawks at bay. When their play slipped a bit, the Hawks had them. 

Chicago had the better team. The Bruins needed 2011 Timmy Thomas/1971 Ken Dryden style goaltending to beat them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishingBurgerKingChick. Show BassFishingBurgerKingChick's posts

The Bruins just didn't seem to play very well after game 3, they looked tired and worn out.  I was surprised they had the lead going into the final minutes of games 6 with the way they played games 4 and 5.  Had they got the win last night there was no way they were going to win game 7. But a game 7 would have been great to see.

Bergeron was a warrior playing with the injuries he had.  Rask did great all playoffs, and in this series up until game 4.  He wasn't getting the help he got prior to game 4.  He had not seen this many games since the 09-10 season.  Looked like the number of games this season was getting to him, he wasn't playing the same after game 3 either.  

Again, it just looked like the Bruins were done after game 3.  They looked so tire at the end of last nights game.  I don't get any of the fire Claude Julien talk at all. 

They had a great season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishingBurgerKingChick. Show BassFishingBurgerKingChick's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Great series. Credit and congratulations to the Blackhawks.  I gotta say that with about 4 minutes left it looked like the Pat's D trying to close the deal with a small lead.

No doubt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishingBurgerKingChick. Show BassFishingBurgerKingChick's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Despite what Rusty says, the Blackhawks were the best team all year and deserved to win the Cup. It wasn't even the biggest collapse we've seen in a Bruins game this postseason nevermind all time...

That's what I said, though. I picked Chicago to win it all before the season. So, how is that "despite" what I said?

2 goals in 17 seconds to lose a game you took over in the 3rd, to lose at home, the lost the entire series isn't a great collapse?

LOL!!!

The Bruins were certainly far capable of playing better in the final 2 minutes, Captain Z.  Sheesh. Game 7s are then a roll of the dice.  So, off the high horse, please.

You said in a previous post that the Blackhawks did not win, the Bruins lost. That line right there is a backhand to the winning team.Your analysis on Bruins compared to Patriots is like black and white. If anyone analyzed the Pats the way you do the Bruins you'd call them a troll. It gets old seeing you flip flop and bash the team the second they lose a game. And I never said it wasn't a collapse, greatest of all time though?

[/QUOTE]

Last night? Absolutely!  Dude, the Bruins stopped skating for those 2 goals to occur. Stopped skating. Forgive me if earlier in the series in Game 1 they did the same thing and then did it again last night. They're usually very good with not letting mistakes happen twice in such a short span, but oh well.  Chicago was not going to quit, as the B's don't either, so they should have known better.  

Yes, absolutely Boston not finishing by skating hard until the final horn was why those 2 goals occurred. Yes. Sometimes it's just sheer will, but the Bruins team D opened the door for it.

[/QUOTE]
    Again, In the end, the coach is responsible to ensure he has the right guys on the ice, court, field and in the right position based on the situation. Less than 2-min left, Up 2-1. They gave up two golas in 17-sec because the coach didn't have the players prepared, and playing with the right intensity fo rthe situation. He "tubed" and thus, so do the players follow the leader. Coach takes the hit, like it or not.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm curious why you repeated your post.  That is strange. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BassFishingBurgerKingChick's comment:

LOL!!!

Again,  In the end, the coach is responsible to ensure he has the right guys on the ice, court, field and in the right position based on the situation. Less than 2-min left, Up 2-1. They gave up two golas in 17-sec because the coach didn't have the players prepared, and playing with the right intensity fo rthe situation. He "tubed" and thus, so do the players follow the leader. Coach takes the hit, like it or not.  

I'm curious why you repeated your post.  That is strange. 

Hi Honey! almost as strange as your shotgun postings just now.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL!!!

hey russ

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

Laughing

[/QUOTE]

it did....so, sad.....lol

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts