Wow...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Wow...

The sky is always falling around here, it's a by product of being a Red Sox fan, it's ingrained in the DNA.

Thats a good line. I'm happy with the efforts of the O and the D. the O line was being trashed the whole week. It was if Waters doesn't come back we're doomed. Well he's not back. Then its we will need to replace our corners during the season.

We dominated yesterday. The O had some jitters Loyd stopped in his route. I think he didnt think Brady could throw it that far. Welkers drop. But they played a great game. The run blocking was outstanding.
    The d... when do you remember the front 7 being in the O's backfield so much? Look what happens when they have to play Wilfork 1 on 1.

IMHO For game 1 which is pretty much a preseason game the O played good and the D played great.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Sorry but I have to agree with Babe and Rondo, this is nitpicking.  Some people are not even taking into account that this was the first game. 

The defensive backfield was hitting like a load of bricks, they kept everything in front of them.  Take away one bad play by Arrington on third down or that we started out the 2nd half playing a soft, prevent defense and these guys don't even score a TD. 

This performance was balanced, precise and if Lloyd and Welker didn't have opening day jitters we would have rung up two more TD's on these guys.

The sky is always falling around here, it's a by product of being a Red Sox fan, it's ingrained in the DNA.

who gives a darn what people write. even if its oh my g-d, we suck. its their OPINON. THEY HAVE AS MUCH RIGHT TO IT AS ANYONE ELSE WITH THEIRS. THIS IS NOt A DICTATORSHIP HERE. if you feel you have to complain cause you dont like what someone writes, go ahead. its not gonna change a thing. ... when someone does complain about what another writes (about football), it sounds like a whiny, tattletale 5 year old saying, "mommy look what hes doing".  dont like another opinon, move on to something you do.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Really there wasn't much to complain about - we went into a hostile enviorement where the home team had every intention of beating us and we punched them in the mouth. Case closed. Good defense...good offense..no one is saying we're going to have the best running game in the league or best defense, but it looked better than last year. Hopefully it only gets better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Sorry but I have to agree with Babe and Rondo, this is nitpicking.  Some people are not even taking into account that this was the first game. 

The defensive backfield was hitting like a load of bricks, they kept everything in front of them.  Take away one bad play by Arrington on third down or that we started out the 2nd half playing a soft, prevent defense and these guys don't even score a TD. 

This performance was balanced, precise and if Lloyd and Welker didn't have opening day jitters we would have rung up two more TD's on these guys.

Wozzy and Babe in agreement?  What's next, Mid-East peace?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

What do you see when you look at this report card? I see 7 A+'s. Many others see nothing but that big F. That is their focus. They go into problem solving mode. This is the difference between many of us posters.

Glass half full or glass half empty. It is early in the season but I see a team that will compete for the Super Bowl. I was very happy with their performance and see nothing but good things to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I never like to get too excited first game of the season, because everyone is still learning what each team can do, what the tendencies are, and where the strengths and weaknesses are.  Around week six the newness wears off and teams are starting to game plan better because they have more data to work with.  

Still . . . I am damn excited about this team.  The D just reminds me of the old 2004 and 2003 Ds.  I love the explosion in Ridley.  I even was happy to see Brady under center so much, with more power formations (yes, Woz, TrueChamp, and Rusty, I did think this made a difference this game). And I like what Lloyd brings to the passing game.  This looks like a team that can attack any part of the field on offense and that can suffocate teams at the LOS on D.  

Yeah, heck, I'm excited. 

Just have to keep repeating it's the first game of the season. 

Will be in Foxboro next Sunday.  Can't wait!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Its only social studys. Looks like your going to be an engineer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Lol!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInOz. Show PatsFanInOz's posts

Technically, the glass is ALWAYS full.
    1/2 water + 1/2 air = full glass  ; )

In response to digger0862's comment:

What do you see when you look at this report card? I see 7 A+'s. Many others see nothing but that big F. That is their focus. They go into problem solving mode. This is the difference between many of us posters.

Glass half full or glass half empty. It is early in the season but I see a team that will compete for the Super Bowl. I was very happy with their performance and see nothing but good things to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

There is a place for both types...the half full and half empty people.

Actually some people need to focus on the negative to stay motivated or they are perfectionists. Some thrive in positive environments and like to focus only what they do well in and 'expand' it ito the other areas.

A good coach will of course create an environment where all the players focus onthe job at hand and ignore 'us' as a group. The Boston media and fans can be tough...I think tougher for Baseball because it is a head trip anyway. Football is better cause you can go out and smack someone (or get smacked)..which puts things into perspective.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Lol!

My wife loves me. Always smiles when she sees me, compliments me all the time. If I bring home a $30 bouquet of flowers, she acts as if I'd given her the Taj Mahal.

I have a couple of buddies wo wives nag the living shiyit out of them. Complain about the tiniest issues; don't appreciate the gramdest gestures.

You can tell a lot about a man by his wife and his football posts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lol!

My wife loves me. Always smiles when she sees me, compliments me all the time. If I bring home a $30 bouquet of flowers, she acts as if I'd given her the Taj Mahal.

I have a couple of buddies wo wives nag the living shiyit out of them. Complain about the tiniest issues; don't appreciate the gramdest gestures.

You can tell a lot about a man by his wife and his football posts.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your premise...  For, no doubt, there's more than at least 1 poster(s) on this very thread alone, whom could undoubtedly one fine day make any number of lucky men, wonderful wives....  Sure, sure- Spolied, overly entitled, nitpicking, and endlessly high-maintenance & endlessly nagging wives...but certainly, pretty decent all around wives, nonetheless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Hey I am an engineer and I resent that statement. It was englash I falled!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Really there wasn't much to complain about - we went into a hostile enviorement where the home team had every intention of beating us and we punched them in the mouth. Case closed. Good defense...good offense..no one is saying we're going to have the best running game in the league or best defense, but it looked better than last year. Hopefully it only gets better.

This is true which is why the only negatives you are hearing about is what happened during the Lloyd miss and the debate on what made a bigger difference how McDaniels runs the ball or not having Lloyd on the team when OB ran the team.

Honestly other then those two minor argument points in, which 1 has been going on since Dillion left the team, there was nothing to talk about other then to say " That Was Awesome!". Hrm try to picture me as a fat guy in a tiny coat when you read that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wozzy,

Great game, entire team played well short of a half dozen plays. Munchak and staff were totally outcoached.  But lets with hold judgement until this defense is up against Manning, Schaub and Flacco...and this offense faces the Jets, Ravens and 9'ers. 

I understand that the O-line will play well against the Titans and Ridley will have lanes and Brady will have time (a little at least) How will the line do against Ngota and Lewis? Will Brady have time against Revis and Cro? Can the DB's stop Davis, Moss and Crabtree?

This isnt negativity. The bar has been set at Super Bowl level. No one expects to win it every year, but that is the bar. A win against a middle of the road Titans team is great. The Ravens, 9'ers, Broncos and Texans look to be real playoff type tests in the next few weeks.

You saw Safeties "bringing it"...but I saw poor technique in the back 4. You saw a front 4 completely shutting down the running game, but I saw a RB that seemingly has taken his money and given up. I also saw the Pats facing a QB that most likely is the 11-13th ranked QB the Pats will face over a 16 game schedule. 

Very happy with the win, but lets keep it in perspective

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

You saw a front 4 completely shutting down the running game, but I saw a RB that seemingly has taken his money and given up.

I'm going to have to disagree with this part of your assessment.  Johnson was pretty bad last year and still ran for 1000 yards and 4 ypc.  He was hit in the backfield on literally half of his carries according to the Tenn news coverage I read.  Anytime you hold a guy to 4 total rushing yards and less than 1 ypc it can't all be on the RB.  I mean we are talking about 4 freaking yards here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:

You saw a front 4 completely shutting down the running game, but I saw a RB that seemingly has taken his money and given up.

I'm going to have to disagree with this part of your assessment.  Johnson was pretty bad last year and still ran for 1000 yards and 4 ypc.  He was hit in the backfield on literally half of his carries according to the Tenn news coverage I read.  Anytime you hold a guy to 4 total rushing yards and less than 1 ypc it can't all be on the RB.  I mean we are talking about 4 freaking yards here.

[/QUOTE]

The good thing is this forum allows us to disagree and voice opinions.

I saw a guy who hesitated every time he touched the ball...avoided contact...and was unable to break initial contact when made. I also thought he had no resemblance to the guy who in years past showed the best initial burst thru the line in the NFL. Surprisingly, CJ looked slow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Ridley and run blocking - Wow!

Run D, Jones and Hightower - Wow!

Pass coverage (ntoe how many times Locker had time but could not find an open recevier) - Wow!

Brady being Brady - Wow! (do not get complacent; you will not get to see him play forever)

Lloyd being Brady's new favorite - Wow!

Gronk and Hern - Just !!!!!!

BB - Wow!

Patriots - WOW!!

Sections
Shortcuts