Wozzy - Is Laura Maroney a Keeper? Is he our future? How'd he do in playoff game vs. Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Re: Laura Maroney - Reading Between The Lines - Uncoachable?

First: 3/27/2005
    Last: 1/9/2010
    He's also ranked 29th in rushing attempts per game... we've used 3 runningbacks this season to share the load.  If you're going to skew stats and blow up your font to make a point make sure you know what you're talking about

Not sure your addressing this to me?  What stat am I skewing?  He is # 27 in rushing yards as per NFL.com.  He's 29th in attempts because his coach is constantly benching him for the good of the team.

You many want to reconsider your defense of Laura.  You look foolish doing it.

Here let me spell it out for you.

He is a first round draft bust - English
    Er ist ein entwurf der ersten runde buste - German
    il est un buste en premiere ronde - French
    Egli e un busto primo progetto di turno - Italian
    El es un busto primera ronda - Spanish
    Yeye ni raundi ya kwanza rasimu kraschlandning - Swahili

That should cover it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I love it that all of you think I am referring to you somehow.  lol its rich... calm down, if you keep writing in CAPS you'll burst a blood vessel.

Bubba in Hawaii, k-maxx, et al 

I'm pretty sure nobody has walked up to 6 foot, 220 pound Maroney and called him Laura to his face, and if you did I don't doubt being a superior athlete he could easily sock you in your face.

A lot of people like TexasPat, Prairie Mike and hundreds others have been posting here as long or longer than me, but a year ago or more they changed the Boston.com forums and only a few of our profiles survived.  I don't consider my proclivity for writing a badge of honor and my opinions are my own, sorry you don't agree and take it personally.

Also EVERY running back that started the season with us is healthy for the playoffs... hmm, maybe this "spread the wealth" thing BB thought of works?

Laurence Maroney started every game this year but one, that's not me guessing... but a stat.  So if everyone is healthy expect to see all three backs, but Maroney will start and as long as he doesn't fumble will carry the majority of the load because he is the best runningback the Patriots have. 

Now maybe if Fred Taylor was young again, it might be an argument but Bill Belichick has final say in these matters and he starts Maroney.

If Laura had to be benched for the good of the team in EVERY game he played in, than why did he start the next game? 

As soon as you geniuses explain that one to me, I'll have to agree...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

No need for concern your defense of Maroney doesn't bother me at all you have a right to post what you want.

If Laura had to be benched for the good of the team EVERY game he played in, than why did he start the next game?

Come on now, such an experienced poster like yourself can't be making things up.  Your losing street cred with every post.
    No one said EVERY your making things up and that's just sad.  He was benched in the Miami game and the Jacksonville game there maybe more but I wasn't watching that closely.

Laurence Maroney started every game this year but one, that's not me guessing... but a stat.

Ya so...........and him being rated the 27 RB in the NFL is not me guessing either as I referenced NFL.com as being the source.....it's a stat.  What's with the guessing reference you make?  Looks like another shot being taken by someone not that bright.

...........and with that you lose all street cred.  I'm done with the one who has a man crush on Laura Maroney and flat out lies and makes things up.  No hard feelings, later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"I love it that all of you think I am referring to you somehow.  lol its rich... calm down, if you keep writing in CAPS you'll burst a blood vessel."
    ___

Actually, it's inferred in your statement - so, just because one doesn't necessariy spell out a person's name in so many words - you and I know that you're calling a person out. I don't take it personally it all :) On the other hand, please don't pretend like it's not what you intended to do. When you say something like "hide behind anonymity" it also means you're a hypocrite - because - you don't exactly say who you really are either.

On top of that - sorry, no caps for me - so - you obviously bring up something totally irrevelant as a way of a useless form of defense for yourself.

Well, yeah - the RB corp is healthy NOW - but they weren't early and mid season - which means your football IQ isn't any better than anyone else on this board - including mine.

The initial thread is about whether Laura is coachable....not her nickname. Take a look at your initial response to this thread - what was your real motivation  or purpose for replying in the first place?

Bottom line - guess what....you're not a better or worse fan than anyone else on this board - nor are you better or worse contributor in this forum than anyone else. problem is - you actually think that you are....lol :)

And let's not talk about folks like TexasPat....what the hell does he have to do with the subject at hand? Like if you mention his name in conjunction with you - that it give you any kind of advantage? hahahahah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Oh no... I've lost all my street cred; did the Crips rescind my membership, do I have to pull my pants up past my knees now and give back my gold teeth?

He's ranked 27th in rushing and 29th in attempts per game, it tells you nothing except that he didn't get enough carries to support your fantasy league team.  The guy has a 4.2 yard per game average for his career, which says he's good.

I could argue with you all day but feel I'm wasting my time, you can't pee into the wind.  Good luck out there on the mean streets...

Laters

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bubba,

None of the statements by Bill in the article conveys that Maroney is a player who doesn't take to coaching.  Never have I heard BB say Maroney was a malcontent, in fact all he has had is glowing praise for the guy (or the closest thing Bill has to praise). 

Trying to twist what many of us believe to be a typo or mispoken word by Belichick into a negative about Maroney is a reach only taken by a Maroney Basher.  As long as there are bashers of hometown players there will always be fans propping them up. Time will tell whether we are right or wrong... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"Trying to twist what many of us believe to be a typo or mispoken word by Belichick into a negative about Maroney is a reach only taken by a Maroney Basher.  As long as there are bashers of hometown players there will be fans propping them up. Time will tell whether we are right or wrong... " 
    ---------

If anything, you're the one who is twisting things around here.  I cut and pasted the quote, I provided the link, someone else indicated the quote was an error - and my response was that if the writer made a mistake then he (the writer) should be accountable for the error.

So, how exactly did I twist things around?

In addition, Maroney's own words in the past was that he was unwilling to change his running style. So, again, how did I twist things around?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

"“He’s carried the ball plenty of times in his life,’’ said the coach. “He’s gotten a lot of reps out there on the practice field both last week and this week. I’m sure he will be ready to go. Laurence, I don’t think lacks any confidence. That’s the problem with him.’’ BB

In the big picture, the article is referring to his fumbles, "that's the problem with him" means Laurence is over confident about his grip on the ball... at most.  Not everything that drips from Bill's mouth is a pearl of wisdom or has a deeper meaning.

Anything more than that is just you reaching...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"In the big picture, the article is referring to his fumbles, "that's the problem with him" means Laurence is over confident about his grip on the ball... at most.  Not everything that drips from Bill's mouth is a pearl of wisdom or has a deeper meaning.

Anything more than that is just you reaching... " Wozzy

So, let's say a guy fumbles the ball trying to get into the endzone. Coach sez, protect the ball next time.  Same guy fumbles again. Coach sez, protect the ball next time.  Same guy fumbles a third time; coincidently in the end zone. Coach sit the player's azz down. Is this guy coachable?

So, what you're really saying is that it's a matter of interpretation......  :)
    peace, brah

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

posted at 1/9/2010 7:14 PM EST
    First: 6/13/2008
    "Trying to twist what many of us believe to be a typo or mispoken word by Belichick into a negative about Maroney is a reach only taken by a Maroney Basher.  As long as there are bashers of hometown players there will be fans propping them up. Time will tell whether we are right or wrong... " 
    ---------

If anything, you're the one who is twisting things around here.  I cut and pasted the quote, I provided the link, someone else indicated the quote was an error - and my response was that if the writer made a mistake then he (the writer) should be accountable for the error.

So, how exactly did I twist things around?

In addition, Maroney's own words in the past was that he was unwilling to change his running style. So, again, how did I twist things around?

Bubba don't waste your time responding to that dude.  As we both have noted he lies and makes thing up.  It out there for everyone to see. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So Maroney gets benched two weeks ago because he fumbled, than he doesn't start again the following week with a lot of other starters because it's the last game and somehow it's a pandemic?

Exactly, and if it's a misprint than we're REALLY arguing about nothing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

How about he just sux. Seriously does it really matter if he's coachable or not. If he could actually put his skills to use we wouldnt be on our 300 thread about this guy. None of which had the headline "Man phoney baloney maroney is great", "Wow Lindsey Mahoney is killin teams". And W T F, the guy has a good second half, good not great. A couple of spurts the last couple of years and its fuc your mother LM is so good? Sorry but if your really sticking up for Lohan O'Mally to the point where your like, "he doesnt get enough touches", "he isnt coached right", "his o-line sux", then you think your alot smarter than you really are! I agree sometimes you have to look and dig a lil' deeper into things, but sometimes Laura really sux pickles. And on another note, if I saw him in public I wouldnt say anything unless we had or gotten into a disscusion about his play. At which time I would have no problem telling him that I thought he sucked bubbas butt as a player(unless his kids were around, I show a lil' respect) What would be the worst he would do, throw some jelly-bean arm punch and hide behind someone smaller, like most pro's do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=videonewsdetail&pid=41488&pcid=155

It is a misquote, about 6:45 into the video.  That's why the press shouldn't vote on MVP awards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Bubba you ready for game time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"So Maroney gets benched two weeks ago because he fumbled, than he doesn't start again the following week with a lot of other starters because it's the last game and somehow it's a pandemic?"  Wozzy

Again, stop "twisting" your panties. I never said  it was a pandemic. Please show me where I stated that.

I stated that Maroney has lost 3 fumbles recently, two of those in the endzone. I think it's safe to say that he was told to protect the ball twice - if not all three times.  I simply asked if this might be an indication that Maroney has difficulty getting instruction.  Why does BB have to spend so much extra time with Maroney. Does BB spend the same amount of extra time....with let's say Welker?

So, is Laura coachable? I suspect that he is having problems. We may have to come up with a color code scheme like the Jets did for Sanchez......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It is a misquote, about 6:45 into the video.  That's why the press shouldn't vote on MVP awards.

Thank you for clearing that up... 

Bubba there's a good article in the Globe a couple of weeks ago where BB heaps praise on Maroney and is all about spending time watching film together.  Read it if you like, tell me where Bill complains about Maroney at all? 

Maroney fumbled a few times this season, the most he has since he did it once as a rookie, most coaches don't like that as most fans don't, me included.  But fumbles happen and often in bunches, if we cut Kevin Faulk back when he was fumbling we could kiss all the hardware in the trophy case goodbye.  Maroney's best football is ahead of him...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

" It is a misquote, about 6:45 into the video.  That's why the press shouldn't vote on MVP awards.

Thank you for clearing that up... 

Bubba there's a good article in the Globe a couple of weeks ago where BB heaps praise on Maroney and is all about spending time watching film together.  Read it if you like, tell me where Bill complains about Maroney at all? 

Maroney fumbled a few times this season, the most he has since he did it once as a rookie, most coaches don't like that as most fans don't, me included.  But fumbles happen and often in bunches, if we cut Kevin Faulk back when he was fumbling we could kiss all the hardware in the trophy case goodbye.  Maroney's best football is ahead of him... "  Wozzy
    -----------------------

What's really funny is that you can't even answer any of my questions directly.

We all know that mistakes happen, but Faulk's previous problems with fumbling has very little to do with Maroney's coachability. Faulk has proven that he is coachable by correcting his fumbling problems - it doesn't translate to Maroney via osmosis.

The problem I see here is you simply can't admit that there is a possibility that Maroney indeed isn't coachable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"It is a misquote, about 6:45 into the video.  That's why the press shouldn't vote on MVP awards."  Shenanigan

Thanks, I think we all realize it was a mis-quote - however, it still poses an interesting question....is Maroney coachable?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Wozzy "his best football is ahead of him", now thats relative isnt it. Hes su cked it up since hes gottin here.So all he can do is go up, but you could have made that same arguement the last three years. Running back is the easiest position to jump from college to pros. All you can do is talk about his potential which everyone agrees he has, but morons like you think you know something everyone else doesnt. You have absolutely no facts to back you up. This guy is a bust, he was the 21 overall pick in the entire draft, like it or not he had something to live up to, and he has fallen far, far short. Give up this stupid debate, you lost, face it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

posted at 1/9/2010 10:37 AM EST

First: 11/21/2007
    I think if you called him Laura to his face he would grab you by your neck and punk you like Jim Everett did to Jim Rome...

I think Maroney would do a lot better than Everett did! Jim did partly deserve it, though. I was living out in L.A. when he played there and he would simply fall down when defenders got too close! Of course his O-line really s u c k e d, too! I don't see how one could imply that Maroney was soft, though. He has been smacking defenders in the mouth all year! If only he can cure his fumbling issue he'll be a great back.

Wow for a minute I thought you said Laura Mahoney could be a great back lol.... Wait A Minute you did say that!   (GULP) Ok I dont know which Team you have been watching for the last 4 years but Fumble Fingers Mahoney plain out Stinks.
    If this is his Mommy then lease stop posting this rediculous fantasy that you have of your son, He is Over Rated, has been given far too many chances, and needs to be put out to pasture by the New England Patriots. The Problem will be he is accident prone, not durable, fumbles, cant run a straight line, and needs a Map to find the End Zone and the problem is when he does find it he drops the ball to clap his hands before he gets over the line.
    If you think Muloney is a great back then you must think OJ is innocent, Bret Farve is a Hungarian L e s b i a n on steroids, Tiger Woods was rap ed by all these women and Lassie was a pitbull with long hair.nSir please put down the crack pipe and pay attention.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So how about that Wilhite guy ... I hear he belongs on the bench.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Wozzy,

Really? You still defending this guy? Is that Maroney jersey really worth that much to you?

Next time buy the replica.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Wozzy,

Why is it that you are insistent on yards per carry defining the skill of a RB? Really? So regardless how many carries the RB has or how many yards he has, if he has a good YPC he's good. So the back that has 1 carry for 10 yards is better than the back that has 20 for 100?

YPC, while objective in number, is a subjective stat to define, in and of itself, how good a back is. Like you have harped on me this year for "skewing stats" to defend my position, you are doing the same. What else can you offer, other than YPC, to defend your position that he is a top RB?

All you have to do is watch Maroney consistently to determine how good or how bad he is. Do I think he is horrible? Realistically, no. Do I think he is good? Absolutely not. He's average at best, regardless of his YPC.

And if it was you who stated (within the last week or two) that Maroney could replace Faulk in the years to come....you are out of your ever freaking mind.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"So how about that Wilhite guy ... I hear he belongs on the bench." Mighty

------------

lmao....mebbe next to Laura.  Seriously, do you have a bot that posts about Wilhite on each thread :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

busto

Just add an O or an A at the end and the worlds always right  lol