Wozzy - Is Laura Maroney a Keeper? Is he our future? How'd he do in playoff game vs. Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Laura Maroney - Reading Between The Lines - Uncoachable?

"Okay . . .   I'm just gonna say this . . . 

Natalie is pushing it.

If we had to go Facts of Life, couldn't we have at least gone Tootie?"

NO WAY. Forget Tootie and her rollerskates. Mrs. Garrett's Cleavage would never put the rock on the ground. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

posted at 1/10/2010 9:15 AM EST
    First: 3/20/2006
    Last: 1/10/2010
    "Okay . . .   I'm just gonna say this . . . 

Natalie is pushing it.

If we had to go Facts of Life, couldn't we have at least gone Tootie?"

NO WAY. Forget Tootie and her rollerskates. Mrs. Garrett's Cleavage would never put the rock on the ground. 

Laughing

Is that from Family Guy z?  The face looks like Peter's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Insanity!

Tell (fellow) Pats fans in the off-season that the team is just a pretty good football team; get (personally) maligned.  Of course, almost a year later, watch similar threads pop up with the same maligners chiming in.  FYI: this is how it works on the Sox board, as well.  In fact, they are already counting wins; counting on a wild card birth.  (Notice I didn't mention winning the division?)

It's the same with players.  A month ago, after a few decent outings, many fans had Maroney pegged to finally be the RB of the future.  Of course, these threads/claims have gone off/on for years.  I believe the sequences is: More than one good game in a row- he's a superstar that is underrated; a few dropped balls and an(other) injury- he's a bust.  Personally, I don't understand how/why some fans can continually move on both sides of this debate.

IMO, the Pats did not get what they hoped for with Moroney, simply put.  In fact, I voiced this quite clearly through the years online and to many Pats fans, whilst watching the games.  (No, the ones with Maroney jerseys didn't like it.)  However, one cannot help but notice that Fred and Sammy are carrying the ball down the stretch.  In case you're wondrin'- I'm a fan of Kevin Faulk; an ultimate Patriot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Maroney has 3.9 YPA which is 24th in the NFL.  He's not terrible, but he's not that good.  I still think he is the best 3rd string RB in the NFL right now.  I don't think coaching has a lot to do with RB success.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

K-Maxx, That is from family guy..Gives me an Idea for my next avatar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Another Stellar game by Laura.  By my count he contributed absolute zero before being benched.....wait he did contribute to RayRay's sack.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

The Tiny Dancer with Tiny "McDonald's" Hands toted the rock today for one carry and 2 yards.  Sounds like a vote of confidence from coach to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

"The Tiny Dancer"
    Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Maroney stinks. Wilhite stinks. We drafted Maroney over D'Angelo Williams, who was higher rated, then traded up for Chad Jackson. That draft was the beginning of the demise. We used to replenish talent with equal or better talent. No more. Now it's trade down, leaving guys we needed for other teams so we can draft mediocrities....every year. Watching Packers' Mathews wreak havoc bothers me (drafted with the pick they got from us). Also, Oher (we added only a #6 pick in that trade, to get a long snapper). Delmars is the safety we should have targeted (Chung bl_ows, also). We have very few impact players, and the idea that BB's "system" will make it all good is simply outdated.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Wozzy,

How did Maroney do in the playoff game between the Ravens and Patriots? Dare to comment?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Wozzy is done on the Pats forum for the year. He'll be back during training camp wearing his overpriced authentic Maroney jersey touting how much "potential" he has and how he is "poised" for a breakout season. He'll be saying that Maroney, like most "stud" RB's has a career +4.0 ypc, which makes him as dominant as most backs in the league. We will hear how the Pats OLine stinks and couldn't make holes for him. Then its on to how Maroney had to share the snaps in a platoon role and that was why he never shined. Last but not least, we will hear how Maroney will replace KF and be a big contributor to the team.

Maroney's a turd.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Maroney didn't touch the ball, neither did Morris or Taylor... the team abandoned the run and that's no reflection on Laurence any more than the other backs.  Bad coaching bad coaching bad coaching...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

TrueChamp,

Do you think anyone has bothered to think that there are reasons why Maroney doesn't touch the ball much? BB has proved that he is a master at judging talent....he always has been ever since his Giant days with Parcells. If Maroney was the stud that some proclaim him to be, he'd be a bigger part of the offense.

Maroney is the typically great athlete who has a ton of ability but can't perform in accordance to that ability. Look at Jamarcus Russell. He's a tremendous athlete. He can't perform to that ability. Take Michael Vick. Tremendous athlete. He never performed accordingly. Maybe Maroney is slow and forgets the play call and that is why he does his little two step as he tries to remember where the play is suppose to go. Who knows, but if he performed according to what his ability is suppose to be, we wouldn't be having constant Maroney arguments.

EDIT*** I will add that today isn't a fair assessment of any of the RB's. The Pats got down so much that they had to abandone the running game for the most part. However I'd take Faulk as my main back over Maroney any day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Wozzy, where r u?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Wozzy - Is Laura Moroney a Keeper? Is he our future?

inquiring minds want to know....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Wozzy - Is Laura Maroney a Keeper? Is he our future? How'd he do in playoff game vs. Ravens?

Wow the name of the thread has been changed to show my screen name..?  Really Bubba, you're starting to show an unhealthy obsession now... really... guys aren't my thing.

We didn't run the ball against the Ravens at all, other than Kevin Faulk out of the 2 minute offense so what point do you think you've proven?  Other than you proving to be a narrow minded, tunnel visioned simpleton who would shift the blame of the Kennedy assassination and your raging cases of premature ejaculation on Maroney if given a forum...   Get a grip!

Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris both got one carry each to match Maroney's...  so who is better?!  The bigger issue is that we lost and it wasnt because of a lack of talent as much as lack of coaching, when you figure out which way is up feel free to respond. 

By the way Maroney's DNA was found at the diner where Jimmy Hoffa was last seen alive; we need to open the investigation...

(Clueless)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Wozzy - Is Laura Maroney a Keeper? Is he our future? How'd he do in playoff game vs. Ravens?

"Wow the name of the thread has been changed to show my screen name..?  Really Bubba, you're starting to show an unhealthy obsession now... really... guys aren't my thing.

We didn't run the ball against the Ravens at all, other than Kevin Faulk out of the 2 minute offense so what point do you think you've proven?  Other than you proving to be a narrow minded, tunnel visioned simpleton who would shift the blame of the Kennedy assassination and your raging cases of premature ejaculation on Maroney if given a forum...   Get a grip!

Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris both got one carry each to match Maroney's...  so who is better?!  The bigger issue is that we lost and it wasnt because of a lack of talent as much as lack of coaching, when you figure out which way is up feel free to respond. 

By the way Maroney's DNA was found at the diner where Jimmy Hoffa was last seen alive; we need to open the investigation..."  Wozzy

As usual, defending your viewpoint with.......nothing.

Thanks for playing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

That's just like you to address the issues with in depth analysis and answer broad queries like why Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris didn't play either yet somehow Maroney is to blame for the loss..?

Ground control to Major Bub

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Wozzy, how about Maroney really sacrificing his body to block Ray Lewis? Oh wait, Maroney is still a stud because stud RB's only have to average over 4 ypc. Nothing like giving your all to protect the best QB the franchise has ever seen.

Would RL plowed over Maroney anyways...yeah most likely. But he probably should have just let him blitz completely uncontested instead of "blocking" him by thowing the corner of his shoulder out there and saying "ouch, don't hurt me Ray".

BTW, have you taken that authentic Maroney jersey off yet?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbert. Show philbert's posts

Both Marony and Light were matadors on Sunday. However, outside of Edelman and Faulk, who had any fire on that team on Sunday?  Really, the OLine is much more of a worrisome factor than Maroney, if he can stop fumbling the ball on the goalline.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

At least we benched Wilhite! (Did we?)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"That's just like you to address the issues with in depth analysis and answer broad queries like why Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris didn't play either yet somehow Maroney is to blame for the loss..?"  Wozzy
    ---------------

LMAO.  Your inept answer didn't deserve an "in-depth" response. When I read your response - I laughed so hard I almost pee'd my pants.

The questions were simple:
    1)how did Maroney perform in the ravens-patriots playoff game?
    2)is he the future of the Patriots running game?

You didn't answer the questions, therefore, your post needed no reply. I was letting you off easy because - you embarrassed yourself without my help. Seriously, read your own response.

The only sentence that had anything to do with Maroney was this:

"Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris both got one carry each to match Maroney's.."

And that was YOUR assessment. Does that really deserve a response?

Here's a different assessment of his play. He was pretty bad.  He didn't get any additional carries because he couldn't gain anything on the opportunities that were given to him AND he missed two blocks - which led to Brady getting sacked.
    He didn't get much play time after that because he had a terrible game.

I said NOTHING about Maroney being the cause of the loss, that was all you, dude. Show me where I said that.

BTW, it's so obvious that you are very insecure about yourself, debating skills,  and your writing skills when all you can come up with are one liners that are totally irrelevant to the topic.  What does Kennedy, Hoffa, and DNA have to do with Maroney?

The difference between you and me - is that I admit I know nothing about football. You, on the other hand, don't know anything about football - but can't admit it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wendylee03. Show Wendylee03's posts

Wow,
     Not that this will matter because Im a woman, but from watching the Patriots the last 4 years and being a Maroney fan when he was in college, the truth is this, everyone who plays in the NFL has stats. Like BB says, stats are for losers! The question is, what are his results! Laura Maroney's results are this, he is a Bust! we dont have to say he
    he S U C K S, we dont have to say he's this or that. But no matter how you slice it he is nothing more than a body that shows up in a uniform and collects a paycheck. as for a good, great or outstanding running back, no way.
    Anyone that sits here and says oh hes not that bad is a complete and total a s s !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Bubba,

Wozzy has never in 3500+ posts given a significant post on why Maroney is a "stud" RB as he referred to him in a earlier thread this year. His only argumnt is that he has averaged over 4ypc. He might not have liked my statistical analysis, but how about backing up your point of view other than saying "your stats are twisted" or whatever BS response he has given.

I'm telling you. This is all about Wozzy dropping $259.00 on an authentic Maroney jersey. He should have just stuck with a replica or dropped the bones on a authentic Brady jersey.

Sections
Shortcuts