Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012

In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : Truthfully I like Reye's at that 3/4 rush end position, I just don't like the idea of taking him that high. He projects to me as like a Shaun Ellis type player, he is certainly strong enough to hold the line but I don't feel we need to fill that position after signing Fanene.  My preference would be Brocker's, Still or even taking a gamble on Poe. These guys could slide inside and play nose or either end position, something a lighter Cox or Reyes can't.   Bigger, more dominate would be great next to Wilfork. Barron, Smith, or Iloka are so close in terms of talent. Barron has the most experience in the big conference, Iloka the most talent and Smith was a star at Notre Dame which isn't easy and usually translates to a good Pro. Any of them would be a great pick health provided IMO...  Allen isn't on my board so that tells you how I feel about him. McClellin is on my board, for an outside linebacker to jump from college to the Pro's is tough assignment.  In a nutshell, if BB takes a guy high in the draft or even as a late pick, I still feel justified that I had him on my board. Even if the Pats don't get my guys, I still watch their career over time and wonder what if?  Clay Matthews was my outside linebacker pick some years back, people thought he was a reach, didn't start at USC, had a lot of detractors...  Reading the ridiculous posts by the "Belichick is a bad GM" mob is laughable. Very few had Matthews on their radar coming out of that draft and he was a reach at 26, years later and everyone is an expert.  I say that if you like a guy, draft him right away, don't hope and pray that he falls into the next round. I have to think BB is of the same mindset or he would have waited another round before selecting Logan Mankin's or Ras Dowling. I'd love to have Steven Jackson but we need to wait for that guy to get cut (ala Corey Dillon) or get him for a reasonable pick (steal like Moss) for that let's be patient and see how the draft plays out.  It may not happen until after the draft or even after camp cuts but don't sweat it, BB will bring in somebody...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Shoot, I would hope Reyes is a Shaun Ellis type player. Anybody that can give 10 solid years of production is good in my book. I think reyes can hold up inside and also get by o-linemen with his burst. I would be happy to see a guy like that(or Still,Brockers of course) next to VW. Point being if we have 2 guys who can command a double team it would have the greatest impact on our defense imo.

In regard to Dillion we traded a 2nd rdr for him, he didn't get cut, although after throwing his jersey and I think cleats up in the stands he was surely done as a Bengal. I have reasons for suspecting that McDaniels will have some say in trading for a quality vet RB. McD thinks this offense can get back to 07 type production where he really got the most out of Maroney in that system. Throw in a S-Jax and our offensive predictability in the play calling is long gone. I have high expectations for what McD will bring to this offense. I think he has learned a lot for a young OC. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

Trade for S-Jax and draft Harrison Smith with McClellin and a DT. We should kick some tail!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

boop... damn I think I did it wrong

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2012/02/28/the-patriots-and-the-3-cone-drill/

On a side note of there is any way we can take Nick Perry we need top do it. i think he will be the best DE/olb in this draft, plus he already came in for a workout. I like reading what Lombardi has to say as he knows what BB is thinking more then the rest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to "Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : Shoot, I would hope Reyes is a Shaun Ellis type player. Anybody that can give 10 solid years of production is good in my book. I think reyes can hold up inside and also get by o-linemen with his burst. I would be happy to see a guy like that(or Still,Brockers of course) next to VW. Point being if we have 2 guys who can command a double team it would have the greatest impact on our defense imo. In regard to Dillion we traded a 2nd rdr for him, he didn't get cut, although after throwing his jersey and I think cleats up in the stands he was surely done as a Bengal. I have reasons for suspecting that McDaniels will have some say in trading for a quality vet RB. McD thinks this offense can get back to 07 type production where he really got the most out of Maroney in that system. Throw in a S-Jax and our offensive predictability in the play calling is long gone. I have high expectations for what McD will bring to this offense. I think he has learned a lot for a young OC. It will be interesting to see how things play out. Trade for S-Jax and draft Harrison Smith with McClellin and a DT. We should kick some tail!!! Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE] Time will tell with Reyes, somebody will sign him. I should have used the Bobby Hamilton comparison instead of Ellis, still a good utility player but not an every down dominating linemen. You're correct about Dillon, it still seems like a steal though doesn't it? I'm also fired up for McDaniel's return, he has easily been the most impressive of BB's proteges. Good point that he was the last person to get production from Maroney. It will be nice if this season marks the completion of this rebuilt defense, amped for this draft!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : ... My preference would be Brocker's, Still or even taking a gamble on Poe. These guys could slide inside and play nose or either end position, something a lighter Cox or Reyes can't.   Bigger, more dominate would be great next to Wilfork. ...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

after seeing how well vw did playing outside, i do like the idea of taking someone who can play inside or out. that versatility would allow the d to create and make the most of mismatches, without subbing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to "Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : after seeing how well vw did playing outside, i do like the idea of taking someone who can play inside or out. that versatility would allow the d to create and make the most of mismatches, without subbing. Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE] Agreed, having somebody who commands two blockers and can play more snaps is my line of thinking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I've had to pull Dontari Poe off my board, too many questions, this leaves Brocker's and Still as my two "gets" of the draft.

And no this wasn't a tricky new way to bump my own self indulgent thread...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Round one is over, strange days indeed...

For the Pats, Chandler Jones was a slight reach IMO, but the entire OLB board was disappearing so BB went after his guy. I didn't have him on my board because I thought he was a vanilla, safe pick. Big and rangy but his combine was terrible and his college production minimal. I hope BB can get something out of him, he has played close by, so Bill probably got a good look at him... maybe he stared too long or fell in love with a piece of game film?

HighTower was my top ranked "Sam" linebacker, seems like Spikes will be moving outside?  It's never bad having a full supply of linebackers with a 3/4 D. This guy is a monster.

In related news I feel justified having Irvin go first at OLB and first on my board. Wish we could have gotten Brocker's, Smith or others but there are a lot of great players on the board for tomorrow, I hope we continue moving up and getting quality along with value.  We'd still like safety help, hope to get Iloka and/or Kendrick's...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Round one is over, strange days indeed... For the Pats, Chandler Jones was a slight reach IMO, but the entire OLB board was disappearing so BB went after his guy. I didn't have him on my board because I thought he was a vanilla, safe pick. Big and rangy but his combine was terrible and his college production minimal. I hope BB can get something out of him, he has played close by, so Bill probably got a good look at him... maybe he stared too long or fell in love with a piece of game film? HighTower was my top ranked "Sam" linebacker, seems like Spikes will be moving outside?  It's never bad having a full supply of linebackers with a 3/4 D. This guy is a monster. In related news I feel justified having Irvin go first at OLB and first on my board. Wish we could have gotten Brocker's, Smith or others but there are a lot of great players on the board for tomorrow, I hope we continue moving up and getting quality along with value.  We'd still like safety help, hope to get Iloka and/or Kendrick's...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

yeah, i'd like to see them move up again, there are still some very good players left. this is the time to go for it, don't trade down. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : The fact you think your imbecile draft thread deserves to be bumped is hilarious.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I actually posted all my picks for the world to see, you shrunk from the challenge I personally issued to you because your prunes are shriveling.  

No, instead you disappeared leading up to the draft, offered little to nothing in the way of opinion, just negative diatribes and the sociopath like behavior.

My picks will be there for you all to reach back and find. Whereas yours will be floating around for you to warp in the future with your revisionist history.  Your schtick is tired Jets/Knick's fan, you can label yourself with a storied Patriot's name but you have none of the bravery or fortitude of Babe Parilli, your very screen name is insulting.

I started this thread comparing my picks to junk science so I don't take myself or any of this too seriously, you on the other hand should consider grave mental help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wozzy great call with Bruce Irvin

A pure pass rusher (Kiper called him a one-trick pony just like I did) with serious character issues doesn't deserve to be pick 15 IMO

I would have used one of the 2nd rd picks on him as purely a Mark Anderson replacement

but, looks like the Seahawks saw what you did, again good call

Now we'll see if Brewster comes off the board before Konz, then I'll really bow down to you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]Wozzy great call with Bruce Irvin A pure pass rusher (Kiper called him a one-trick pony just like I did) with serious character issues doesn't deserve to be pick 15 IMO I would have used one of the 2nd rd picks on him as purely a Mark Anderson replacement but, looks like the Seahawks saw what you did, again good call Now we'll see if Brewster comes off the board before Konz, then I'll really bow down to you
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Lol, he hasn't played a down yet. Let's hope he doesn't shoot up a strip club tonight or I look like a clown.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

well he could play 40% of the downs and manage 10 sacks like Anderson did, so we shall see, he def did some crazy stuff up in Appalachia

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : I actually posted all my picks for the world to see, you shrunk from the challenge I personally issued to you because your prunes are shriveling.   No, instead you disappeared leading up to the draft, offered little to nothing in the way of opinion, just negative diatribes and the sociopath like behavior. My picks will be there for you all to reach back and find. Whereas yours will be floating around for you to warp in the future with your revisionist history.  Your schtick is tired Jets/Knick's fan, you can label yourself with a storied Patriot's name but you have none of the bravery or fortitude of Babe Parilli, your very screen name is insulting. I started this thread comparing my picks to junk science so I don't take myself or any of this too seriously, you on the other hand should consider grave mental help.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

You issued me a challenge? Missed that. I've been gone because I needed a break from the incessant stupidity that permeates some people (aka guys like you). I thought a comment on the draft would be appropriate. So I commented. Then I noticed you getting all excited about yourself and commented on that.

I have no picks this year. I like BB going hard to shore up a feeble D. It is a no brainer, but although it's the most obvious thing in the world, I'm still glad he's doing it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Round one is over, strange days indeed... For the Pats, Chandler Jones was a slight reach IMO, but the entire OLB board was disappearing so BB went after his guy. I didn't have him on my board because I thought he was a vanilla, safe pick. Big and rangy but his combine was terrible and his college production minimal. I hope BB can get something out of him, he has played close by, so Bill probably got a good look at him... maybe he stared too long or fell in love with a piece of game film? HighTower was my top ranked "Sam" linebacker, seems like Spikes will be moving outside?  It's never bad having a full supply of linebackers with a 3/4 D. This guy is a monster. In related news I feel justified having Irvin go first at OLB and first on my board. Wish we could have gotten Brocker's, Smith or others but there are a lot of great players on the board for tomorrow, I hope we continue moving up and getting quality along with value.  We'd still like safety help, hope to get Iloka and/or Kendrick's...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Hightower will get snaps off the edge, has very good upside as a pass rusher, did it quite a bit actually at 'Bama.  Spikes is purely an ILB, IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : Hightower will get snaps off the edge, has very good upside as a pass rusher, did it quite a bit actually at 'Bama.  Spikes is purely in ILB, IMO.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the thinking is, Spikes is big and had great shuttle times. Maybe Hightower simply provides for either Spikes or Mayo getting injured, Mayo is certainly athletic enough to play anywhere?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : I don't know what the thinking is, Spikes is big and had great shuttle times. Maybe Hightower simply provides for either Spikes or Mayo getting injured, Mayo is certainly athletic enough to play anywhere?
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Spikes can be effective as a blitzer, but I don't see him having the skill set to create on his own off the edge.

Versatility is the key here, Hightower IMO, can play any LB position in a 34 or 43 and can/will put his hand in the dirt as a situational 43 DE.  Mayo can play inside in a 34 and outside in a 43 while Spikes can play inside in either scheme.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He is a solid pick either way, depth at linebacker isn't an issue anymore. There's still a safety and other defenders on the board, lets get two more tomorrow and this defense will have come full circle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]He is a solid pick either way, depth at linebacker isn't an issue anymore. There's still a safety and other defenders on the board, lets get two more tomorrow and this defense will have come full circle.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I too hope they continue to load up on defensive talent... DL Kendall Reyes, CB- Josh Robinson, LB- Ronnell Lewis (my favorite Day 2 defensive target), DL- Alameda Ta'amu, CB- Janoris Jenkins, CB- Jayron Hosley, DL- Derek Wolfe, etc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Our LB core might be the best in the league next year. If we take a Still/Reyes our front 7 might be the best in the league next year, this tends to help out any secondary issues.

This 4-3 looks good

Jones   Love    Wilfork    Fanene

Hightower   Spikes    Mayo

But his 3-4 looks really good!

Jones  Wilfork  Fanene/Love

Hightower   Mayo   Spikes    Ninkovich

Then again throw in a Devon Still or Kendall reyes and imo our D-line gets a lot better!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

[QUOTE]Our LB core might be the best in the league next year. If we take a Still/Reyes our front 7 might be the best in the league next year, this tends to help out any secondary issues. This 4-3 looks good Jones   Love    Wilfork    Fanene Hightower   Spikes    Mayo But his 3-4 looks really good!     Jones  Wilfork  Fanene/Love Hightower   Mayo   Spikes    Ninkovich Then again throw in a Devon Still or Kendall reyes and imo our D-line gets a lot better!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Is Jones big enough to be a 3-4 DE?  OLB and 4-3 DE I see...3-4 DE is another story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wozzy's Draft Guide 2012 : Is Jones big enough to be a 3-4 DE?  OLB and 4-3 DE I see...3-4 DE is another story.
    Posted by fl+adam,[/QUOTE]

Jones isn't heavy enough to play 34 DE in BB's 2 gap scheme.  He could get there by adding 25-30 pounds, but that may take away from his versatility. Looks like they view him as the Big Willie type player (hybrid 43 DE/34 OLB).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah Mayock and the other draft guys say this guy will play at 280! I'll take that as a 3-4 rush end all day, but yes the hybrid Big Willie Mac fit best sums it up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]Our LB core might be the best in the league next year. If we take a Still/Reyes our front 7 might be the best in the league next year, this tends to help out any secondary issues. This 4-3 looks good Jones   Love    Wilfork    Fanene Hightower   Spikes    Mayo But his 3-4 looks really good!     Jones  Wilfork  Fanene/Love Hightower   Mayo   Spikes    Ninkovich Then again throw in a Devon Still or Kendall reyes and imo our D-line gets a lot better!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks really good! Its going to be fun to watch when the defense is on the field again.  Lets see what round 2 brings.

Woozy nice work here, thanks!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So Bequette goes to the Pats, he is a poor man's Donte Hightower and I had him as a conversion "sam" linebacker with the ability to play the edge in rush situations. 

Tavon Wilson was BB's annual draft surprise, it won't surprise me if he turns out to be a solid role player.

Chandler Jones is looking better and better the more I research him. He really tested poorly at the combine to his own admission but his Pro day was off the charts they say, though nobody provides the measurable's. I know that 32 scouts attended the Syracuse Pro Day to see him work out, so BB must have agreed with the impressive private workout assessment.  

With the amount of linebacker help we just drafted it might be time to say goodbye to Cunningham and Andre Carter, the youth movement is on...