WR Brandon LaFell visiting Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

WR Brandon LaFell visiting Pats

@AdamSchefter 6m

Carolina free-agent WR Brandon LaFell is visiting today with the New England Patriots, per source.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: WR Brandon LaFell visiting Pats

SB here we come! (kidding)

Could be decent receiver to help Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

who?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This guy could be good.  Seems like he was just starting to figure it out last year.  Very talented player, no one ever questioned his physical attributes.  Could be a nice under-the-radar signing, and it still wouldn't rule out Edelman/Sanders because LaFell is more of an outside WR.  Hope we land him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

I like LaFell, good tall and fast reciever. Finally we're making a move. 

@Iceman, dude was a starting reciever for the Panthers. I think he played pretty solid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's a JAG that would be there 3 weeks from now. Someone wonder why the Pats seem content on talking with JAGs, backups, and sub package players that would be there this weekend while everyone is trying to get starters? Doesn't that seem backwards to you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A bigger receiver 6'3", 211.  31 of 49 receptions for 1st downs.  27 y/o.  Perhaps good #2 or #3 receiver.  See no downside if they do sign him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a JAG that would be there 3 weeks from now. Someone wonder why the Pats seem content on talking with JAGs, backups, and sub package players that would be there this weekend while everyone is trying to get starters? Doesn't that seem backwards to you?

[/QUOTE]

No, he wouldn't. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't possibly disagree with you more.  I see zero downside with them talking to him now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Man, you have turned into the biggest baby on this board.  Well, toss up between you and tfb12 actually.  Go find another team to root for.  Seriously, if you are going to whine and cry about every move NE makes, go root for Tampa.  They made lots of "flashy moves" yesterday.  LaFell played really well last year in the second half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, he wouldn't. 

[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I've been pretty good at calling the last couple of offseason FA markets and LaFell has gathered zero interest from anyone but the Pats. Hawkins gathered more interest. LaFell is no better than any teams #3 out there so chances are he wouldn't draw very much interest. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Man, you have turned into the biggest baby on this board.  Well, toss up between you and tfb12 actually.  Go find another team to root for.  Seriously, if you are going to whine and cry about every move NE makes, go root for Tampa.  They made lots of "flashy moves" yesterday.  LaFell played really well last year in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I want to see my team improve and win championships. Maybe you should go root for another team. Try the Bills they went to 4 SBs, heck they never won them but what a team right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. Too many cry on here because New England doesn't make the flashy moves. They've been to the AFC championship game 3 years in a row. They have the ability to go deep into the playoffs. There's only so much money to go around. The first couple of days a lot of players get over paid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There goes BB, dumpster diving again. Somebody hold his legs.

It would be a shame if he fell in and we had to get another GM who could actually build a championship team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's BB's MO. He signs cheapo guys because when they flop the backlash is minimal because they're nobody. He keeps hoping to hit a home run with the slew of these guys he signs. Mostly he just creates a breeze.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry I want to see my team improve and win championships. Maybe you should go root for another team. Try the Bills they went to 4 SBs, heck they never won them but what a team right?

[/QUOTE]

Wanting the Pats to improve is fine.  Whinning and crying and acting like a baby is not.  Man up.  It will be ok.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Holy jumped up sheepsh1_t!!! BB actually speaks to a free agent who isn't everyone's centerfold and life as we know it on planet Earth is coming to an end. 

Yeah, I know, it's all about getting TB another ring cuz it's what matters most.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

Wanting the Pats to improve is fine.  Whinning and crying and acting like a baby is not.  Man up.  It will be ok.

[/QUOTE]

Wazz, we heard this last year, and the year before, and the year before. Please name the FA's who have helped us win playoff games in the last 5 years. Nothing changes unless there is a reason and clearly saying lets sit back and not speak up won't cause that to change. My old man use to tell me being a man is speaking up to make things better when you see something is wrong. Sitting back and just going with the flow is what kids do when they are too scared to speak up.

If you are happy to say, in BB I trust why even be on the forums this time of year? There would be zero to discuss other then, weren't our FA's last year wonderful. Sure they didn't help at all but I'm glad we sat back and went after deals. This system is wonderful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Fans want a bigger WR to play on the outside and Lafell gives you a bigger WR that can play on the outside. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fans want a bigger WR to play on the outside and Lafell gives you a bigger WR that can play on the outside. 

[/QUOTE]

4.5 40 doesn't sound too bad either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nailed it.  He isn't a household name, yet, but he is a player who looked like he was just starting to blossom in the second half of last season.  Also remember that he was playing in a run first offense across from Steve Smith.  He looks to me like a great guy to get a look at and try to get a reasonable deal with.  But we all know that since his name isn't Calvin Johnson and New England isn't going to give him 15 million year, that Eng and tfb12 will freak out and cry for weeks if we sign him.  I love this time of year!  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wazz, we heard this last year, and the year before, and the year before. Please name the FA's who have helped us win playoff games in the last 5 years. Nothing changes unless there is a reason and clearly saying lets sit back and not speak up won't cause that to change. My old man use to tell me being a man is speaking up to make things better when you see something is wrong. Sitting back and just going with the flow is what kids do when they are too scared to speak up.

If you are happy to say, in BB I trust why even be on the forums this time of year? There would be zero to discuss other then, weren't our FA's last year wonderful. Sure they didn't help at all but I'm glad we sat back and went after deals. This system is wonderful.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with Eng here. Not saying anything or toting the pats value line is not acceptable. It would only be if we were winning sb's, and not divorced from a decade of winning the big one. Meanwhile, other teams are winning and some multiple times. You could say we have been to 2 since and a play here or there makes the difference. I agree. However, good players typically make good plays + a bit of luck. You could say if it wasn't for the injuries we would be winning sb's. yes, I agree. But if you have a dollar to spend on 1 player, do you spend it on the one with an injury history, or the one without? In the end, good players need to be on the field at the end of the season. Regular season wonders won't cut it.

What bb does year in and year out makes this team competitive. Can't argue that. However, the question is, is it enough? If you use the SB as the ultimate barometer, then clearly its not enough. 

So, what needs to change? Obviously somethinG, right? The formula needs to be tweaked. Better drafting and better FA moves would seem logical if you look at our past in these 2 areas.  

I don't think anyone is condoning spending wildly. I think a few like myself want to see more quality FA added. Yes it will take money, but getting good players requires it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. We have Dobson here as well. Question, if we lose Edelman and replace him with Lafell, does it make the pats better? Yes, I understand they have different skill sets, but overall is the WR corps better with the cumulative parts?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's BB's MO. He signs cheapo guys because when they flop the backlash is minimal because they're nobody. He keeps hoping to hit a home run with the slew of these guys he signs. Mostly he just creates a breeze.

[/QUOTE]

eventually one will work out ; )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes. We have Dobson here as well. Question, if we lose Edelman and replace him with Lafell, does it make the pats better? Yes, I understand they have different skill sets, but overall is the WR corps better with the cumulative parts?

[/QUOTE]

I see where you're going with this and can agree.  Question is can Amendola replace Edelman ? 

Sections
Shortcuts