WR Brian Tyms touching life story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

WR Brian Tyms touching life story

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Rookie-wideout-Tyms-runs-toward-future-3791826.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Rookie-wideout-Tyms-runs-toward-future-3791826.php

He looked like a man among boys out there...so I asked myself: why is he un-employed?

After reading the story, definitely rooting for the kid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: WR Brian Tyms touching life story

Just found out the Mr. Tyms is suspended for the first 4 games this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a 4 game suspension, and not knowing the root cause of the suspension will be a risk.  Rumors suggest substance abuse. Certainly a red-flag.  Give the kid another chance, but a very short leash.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Lot of guys ahead of him on the depth chart.  Long shot but he did look pretty good last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lot of guys ahead of him on the depth chart.  Long shot but he did look pretty good last night.

[/QUOTE]

True.  I think someone else also mentioned it was a pre-season game against scrubs and the level of competition is lower - so, he might have been able to create good separation against scrubs, but would have to be able to show that he can do it against starters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He played well...don't know a thing about him aside from that article. Tough to grow up like that. One thing he has going for him is his size and those workout numbers...didn't realize this is a guy who can run a 4.4...somebody will take another chance on him if he doesn't make it here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Quentin Sims 2.0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtdAD3Zl8VI" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtdAD3Zl8VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItGu3vr5K4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItGu3vr5K4

also read he has a short fuse

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If he can repeat last nights performance the next couple weeks he could be in the fight with Thompkins and LaFell for the 6th spot on the roster. Last night was impressive, I think it earn him some time to show what he can do against starters and backups in the next couple games and see where it goes from there.

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize that.  You know, that could actually work in both his and New England's favor.  If I'm not mistaken, they can keep a suspended player without them counting against the 53 Man Roster.  Maybe they can keep him around and keep working with him for the first 4 weeks.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

How many suspended players can they keep? Browner is already counted as 1...

*chuckle* I don't know why I'm excited about the prospect of our "good guy" pats keeping multiple suspended players on the roster. But Tyms can catch and run off the deep balls and how long has it been since we've seen our recievers do that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize that.  You know, that could actually work in both his and New England's favor.  If I'm not mistaken, they can keep a suspended player without them counting against the 53 Man Roster.  Maybe they can keep him around and keep working with him for the first 4 weeks.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Pretty sure suspended players still count against the roster. That's the whole reason players on the edge of long suspensions aren't highly sort after because 1 wrong move and it's not just finacial but as a valued roster spot that is lost

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Pretty sure suspended players still count against the roster. That's the whole reason players on the edge of long suspensions aren't highly sort after because 1 wrong move and it's not just finacial but as a valued roster spot that is lost

[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I don't think suspended players count against the 53 man roster. I think when the suspension is up they are activated and a roster move has to be made.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Quentin Sims 2.0

This.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I could be wrong but I don't think suspended players count against the 53 man roster. I think when the suspension is up they are activated and a roster move has to be made.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I looked it up and yes you and Wazz are correct. That's good news. I could have sworn they were because I thought they had to make room for Talib when they got him despite him being suspended. Oh well, that's good news. I stand corrected. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Quentin Sims 2.0

[/QUOTE]

This.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, very possible.  Hard to get much from the Preseason.  Still, a guy I'm intrigued by.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Here is the story why he will be suspended. BB give this guy a shot

http://www.prlog.org/12318325-nfl-suspends-cleveland-browns-brian-tyms.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to mississippipatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is the story why he will be suspended. BB give this guy a shot

http://www.prlog.org/12318325-nfl-suspends-cleveland-browns-brian-tyms.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.prlog.org/12318325-nfl-suspends-cleveland-browns-brian-tyms.html

[/QUOTE]

thanks, that was helpful

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The kid has monster measurables and size for a WR but little experience in football. Last season he only caught 2 passes for the Browns despite being active for 7 games. It works to his favor to be suspended for the first 4 games as it gives him more time to get familiar with the system.

Unless he has really matured since last season he is really a candidate for the practice squad. I like underdogs but because of his inexperience he is definitely a dark horse candidate to succeed in the NFL, especially in NE whose WR's operate out of timing routes and are subject to change at the line of scrimmage depending on coverage.

I wish him luck but I am not sure NE is the right place for him because of the complicated nature of our route running.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Dobson's replacement. That foot injury is bad news in the arch area.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Boy this Ras-I Dobson story is getting old.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The big question is whether or not he can learn the offense enough to be where TB expects to be when he runs his routes.  If he's not, Brady simple will not throw to him and he won't be on the team any longer.  Simple. 

A receiver can have all the measurables in world but if can't make the proper adjustment either before or after the ball is snapped he's a goner.

I'm sure during the first preseason game they ran pretty basic plays on offense that didn't require any pre or post- snap adjustments.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, he has ADHD so he needs his Adderall.  But he doesn't get tested and approved to take it until he gets busted with the stimulant in his system.

Just another loser for Belichick to parade out in a Pats jersey.

I wonder if Ray Rice is available. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, he has ADHD so he needs his Adderall.  But he doesn't get tested and approved to take it until he gets busted with the stimulant in his system.

Just another loser for Belichick to parade out in a Pats jersey.

I wonder if Ray Rice is available. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because taking a banned stimulant and knocking women out cold are pretty much the same thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, because taking a banned stimulant and knocking women out cold are pretty much the same thing.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, Muz, that's a weak approach.  No one said they were the same.

But drug addicts and wife beaters are both losers.

And the Pats love to put criminals on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts