WR Brian Tyms touching life story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: WR Brian Tyms touching life story

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

Wow, Muz, that's a weak approach.  No one said they were the same.

But drug addicts and wife beaters are both losers.

And the Pats love to put criminals on the field.

[/QUOTE]

You brought Rice into a discussion about a receiver whose only transgression is a positive test for a stimulant that college kids take to study and that he has a prescription for. Yes, he has a prescription but he didn't notify the NFL about it properly. This is a criminal? A loser? A drug addict? Seriously?  Those are your words.

Why did you mention Rice if not to compare the two of them?  Rice knocked out a woman, Tyms failed to submit timely paperwork.  Please explain how Rice and this kid belong in the same discussion, because I'm apparently not smart enough to figure it out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

The big question is whether or not he can learn the offense enough to be where TB expects to be when he runs his routes.  If he's not, Brady simple will not throw to him and he won't be on the team any longer.  Simple. 

A receiver can have all the measurables in world but if can't make the proper adjustment either before or after the ball is snapped he's a goner.

I'm sure during the first preseason game they ran pretty basic plays on offense that didn't require any pre or post- snap adjustments.

The Kid is great on 'go' routes which require just basically going deep but lacks the experience with complicated offenses that the Pats specialize in. The first preseason game with no game planning catered to Tym's skills but adjusting to TB is another matter. I think the PS will be the right place for him to see if he can pick up the offense. In view of his story, I wish him luck. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

You brought Rice into a discussion about a receiver whose only transgression is a positive test for a stimulant that college kids take to study and that he has a prescription for. Yes, he has a prescription but he didn't notify the NFL about it properly. This is a criminal? A loser? A drug addict? Seriously?  Those are your words.

Why did you mention Rice if not to compare the two of them?  Rice knocked out a woman, Tyms failed to submit timely paperwork.  Please explain how Rice and this kid belong in the same discussion, because I'm apparently not smart enough to figure it out.

Both are suspended for their actions.

Sorry that was so hard for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Yeah, because taking a banned stimulant and knocking women out cold are pretty much the same thing.

I don't think it's weak at all - you made the implied comparison! Be a man - say what you mean and then stand behind it. As far as your criminals on the field statement - what percentage of the 53 man roster over the years have been arrested here? What's the league average? Making negative BS comments every now and then and then disappearing? Wow - you are smaht and impressive! Is that how the Bruin board operates?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I say "Tiny" Tyms.  He's tiny in the same way that Whoopi Goldberg is Jewish.

If Tyms just runs the go route all the time, it will take two defenders downfield.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Both are suspended for their actions.

Sorry that was so hard for you.

OK, so getting suspended makes you a criminal then? I guess then that taking Adderall must be twice as bad as abusing women since Tyms got four games and Rice got two?  And guys who get suspended for hard hits, are they criminals on a par with domestic abusers? It's a suspension, after all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Rookie-wideout-Tyms-runs-toward-future-3791826.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Rookie-wideout-Tyms-runs-toward-future-3791826.php" rel="nofollow">http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Rookie-wideout-Tyms-runs-toward-future-3791826.php

He looked like a man among boys out there...so I asked myself: why is he un-employed?

After reading the story, definitely rooting for the kid.

I'm rooting for him too, but for different reasons. In one exhibition game he's shown more than Josh Boyce has since last season.

Good thing for Jaime Collins. Sans him, BBs 2013 draft would have been a complete waste.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

OK, so getting suspended makes you a criminal then? I guess then that taking Adderall must be twice as bad as abusing women since Tyms got four games and Rice got two?  And guys who get suspended for hard hits, are they criminals on a par with domestic abusers? It's a suspension, after all.

If you guess that taking Adderall is twice as bad as abusing women, you're not very smart.  Typical Pats board statement.  Taking one thing and making it into something very different.

I'm sorry you cannot follow along.

I feel no need to explain further.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[/QUOTE]

If you guess that taking Adderall is twice as bad as abusing women, you're not very smart.  Typical Pats board statement.  Taking one thing and making it into something very different.

I'm sorry you cannot follow along.

I feel no need to explain further.

[/QUOTE]

Your statement was that Tyms and Rice are both suspended and therefore both "criminal." The NFL has judged them so and so it must be, and you seem to agree with the NFL. You used the word "criminal" (and "loser" and "drug addict") to describe Tyms, so it seems reasonable to infer that you agree with the NFL.

Since Tyms was suspended four games and Rice only two, the NFL believes that taking Adderall (even with a prescription) is twice as offensive as punching out women. As you seem to be in lockstep with the NFL on these things, I'm guessing you feel the same way. It was you who brought Rice into this discussion in the first place, and you who made the comparison. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Can't believe that such a a comparison (Tyms/Rice) was actually posted.  The offenses are similar in the way that peanut butter and climate change are similar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

Yeah, because taking a banned stimulant and knocking women out cold are pretty much the same thing.

I don't think it's weak at all - you made the implied comparison! Be a man - say what you mean and then stand behind it. As far as your criminals on the field statement - what percentage of the 53 man roster over the years have been arrested here? What's the league average? Making negative BS comments every now and then and then disappearing? Wow - you are smaht and impressive! Is that how the Bruin board operates?

I believe the numbers at the top are:

Ravens 21 arrests

Pats 18 arrests

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

The Adderall excuse is getting kind of tedious these days

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Your statement was that Tyms and Rice are both suspended and therefore both "criminal." The NFL has judged them so and so it must be, and you seem to agree with the NFL. You used the word "criminal" (and "loser" and "drug addict") to describe Tyms, so it seems reasonable to infer that you agree with the NFL.

Since Tyms was suspended four games and Rice only two, the NFL believes that taking Adderall (even with a prescription) is twice as offensive as punching out women. As you seem to be in lockstep with the NFL on these things, I'm guessing you feel the same way. It was you who brought Rice into this discussion in the first place, and you who made the comparison. 

Nope.  I said they were both losers.  The rest of your statements have been your guesswork, which has been wrong.

Inferring what someone is thinking or saying is never a good idea.  It makes you look wicked stupid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Nope.  I said they were both losers.  The rest of your statements have been your guesswork, which has been wrong.

Inferring what someone is thinking or saying is never a good idea.  It makes you look wicked stupid.

Given your contention that those of us who inferred your introduction of Rice into this discussion was misinterpreted, why then did you pick Rice instead of some other player who was suspended for use of a banned substance? In 2014, not counting Josh Gordon, the NFL has suspended 15 players, 13 of those suspensions were substance related.  Why select 1 of the 2 suspended for something other than that?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/7/3/5867515/nfl-suspensions-2014-robert-mathis-daryl-washington-lane-johnson" rel="nofollow">http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/7/3/5867515/nfl-suspensions-2014-robert-mathis-daryl-washington-lane-johnson

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Given your contention that those of us who inferred your introduction of Rice into this discussion was misinterpreted, why then did you pick Rice instead of some other player who was suspended for use of a banned substance? In 2014, not counting Josh Gordon, the NFL has suspended 15 players, 13 of those suspensions were substance related.  Why select 1 of the 2 suspended for something other than that?

Probably because I don't take the local newspaper football discussion forum as serious as you do.  Probably because it's no big deal.  Probably because a suspended player is a suspended player and a suspended player is a loser to me, so I don't care what the suspension is for, a loser is a loser and Rice was the first one that came to mind.

But, it's most likely because I don't take this serious.  It's entertainment.  I'm not writing a thesis.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Probably because I don't take the local newspaper football discussion forum as serious as you do.  Probably because it's no big deal.  Probably because a suspended player is a suspended player and a suspended player is a loser to me, so I don't care what the suspension is for, a loser is a loser and Rice was the first one that came to mind.

But, it's most likely because I don't take this serious.  It's entertainment.  I'm not writing a thesis.  

Thanks for the clear and helpful explanation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

Good thing for Jaime Collins. Sans him, BBs 2013 draft would have been a complete waste.

I mean I guess you could be really down on Dobson because of the foot, but what exactly is wrong with Logan Ryan?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It's pretty hard to read what you wrote as not calling Tyms a drug addict and a criminal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You forgot misleading and Clintonian.

Don't you know, everybody who's ever been suspended by the NFL is a loser (and Tyms is also a criminal and a drug addict), regardless of the reason. They're all the same. I'm guessing that holds true with other sports, like hockey too.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[/QUOTE]

You forgot misleading and Clintonian.

Don't you know, everybody who's ever been suspended by the NFL is a loser (and Tyms is also a criminal and a drug addict), regardless of the reason. They're all the same. I'm guessing that holds true with other sports, like hockey too.   

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree at all with the above.  If I may:

Not-A-Shot Quote:

Probably because I don't take the local newspaper football discussion forum as serious as you do. Probably because it's no big deal. Probably because a suspended player is a suspended player and a suspended player is a loser to me, so I don't care what the suspension is for, a loser is a loser and Rice was the first one that came to mind.

Unquote

Unless I'm drawing an inaccurate inference (again), that paragraph means that his posts aren't to be taken seriously.  Got it and absolutely no problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

NAS
    Your expressions ("And the Pats love to put criminals on the field" etc.) lead me to believe you have some contempt for the Pats and this board? What is it that makes you come here? How do you wish to contribute to it or make it better?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

NAS
    Your expressions ("And the Pats love to put criminals on the field" etc.) lead me to believe you have some contempt for the Pats and this board? What is it that makes you come here? How do you wish to contribute to it or make it better?

More typical BDC Pats inferring.  Guessing.  Making things up.

Stick to the facts that are known.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Unless I'm drawing an inaccurate inference (again), that paragraph means that his posts aren't to be taken seriously.  Got it and absolutely no problem.

Do you take any of this seriously?  It's a webpage on a newpaper website that is used to discuss a football team.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Do you take any of this seriously?  It's a webpage on a newpaper website that is used to discuss a football team.  

Why do you care about what people "Infer" from your posts then?  After all it's just a stupid website.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to Section136's comment:

I believe the numbers at the top are:

Ravens 21 arrests

Pats 18 arrests

That's since 1/2000 right?

Sections
Shortcuts