WR Donald Jones cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

WR Donald Jones cut

Interesting...I thought he would last longer and he would be given a chance to prove himself

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 9m

What's interesting about Donald Jones is that he was running with #Patriots main group of WRs during the offseason. Now, available to all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: WR Donald Jones cut

Wow....guess that kills my prediction of him possibly starting in the other thread!! LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I guess they are really excited about Michael Jenkins! Well and they could be liking what saw in Kenbrell Thomkins 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ben Volin @BenVolin 4m

So that puts the #Patriots roster at 86 with training camp starting in a week. Roster maximum is 90 players

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

I hope Michael Jenkins isn't the answer.  I dont mind him for depth and leadership buti hope we have more talent in some of the rookies.  Sad if Jenkins is the second best reciever on the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Gonna be the injury thing so that's a shame. As always the amount of players that come and go from here till September will 70-80 give or take.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I've read that he has a kidney injury from last year. Maybe from the Wilfork hit? Too bad, but bring on the young guys!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wasn"t giving him much of a chance, didn't like the pick up to begin with but I thought he would last longer then this. 

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Wow, his kidney issue must be serious. I wonder if he'll retire? 

Makes Jenkins's chances better. I wonder how he would be with a QB like Brady as opposed to a Vick or Ponder?  As long as he can get open and catch, I don't care about his inline speed.

Amendola

Edelman

Jenkins

Dobson

Boyce

Slater

That is my guess.

Long shots: Hawkins, Harrison and Thompkins

Can Boyce practice yet? Slater really should not be getting snaps at WR. 

Dobson came to OTA's out of shape, he better get in line or the train will leave the station without him. Would the Pats entertain Braylon Edwards? Branch part 3? Seems for what ever the reason, Lloyd is definitely out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Apparently they like Hawkins...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/england-patriots-lavelle-hawkins-intriguing-investment-wide-receiver-152600736.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He was due a 200k roster bonus also

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

dang i was hoping he'd make the roster so i could photoshop a keeping up with the joneses (chandler and donald)

with enough thrust, pigs fly just fine!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Brought in two more wideouts . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYE2b71V4

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

The two undrafted 2013 free-agents were signed to be practice players.  They have almost no way  of making the team or practice squad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This was predictable...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

No but I can show the posts where I say he isn't talented enough to make this roster and will get cut... therefore his getting cut was predictable... kidney or no.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB picks up a ton of washed-up guys and throwaways.  He then throws them away fast as lightning.  Thanks for working out in the weight room, Mr. Jones. 

The best story is Kenbrell Thompkins.  Who?  He's playing with the first stringers.  Odds are he makes the team. 

The second story is the Patriots' lack of both depth and first string talent at wide receiver.  Two longshots are invited to camp because there's a huge hole.  Thompkins may be a UFA find but he's a garnet, not a diamond.  He can't run at all for a WR and he can't push cornerbacks away that well, but he gets open 15 yards downfield sometimes.  Edelman is ok but as a special teamer he's often injured.  Jenkins might be a find.  Might. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow, his kidney issue must be serious. I wonder if he'll retire? 

Makes Jenkins's chances better. I wonder how he would be with a QB like Brady as opposed to a Vick or Ponder?  As long as he can get open and catch, I don't care about his inline speed.

Amendola

Edelman

Jenkins

Dobson

Boyce

Slater

That is my guess.

Long shots: Hawkins, Harrison and Thompkins

That is a scary lineup and depth chart that frightens no one....  except me and possibly some other Pats fans.  The top 3 receivers listed... Amendola, Edleman, Jenkins, are the most experienced out of the bunch, lol, yet out of the past 2 years and possible 96 regular season games combined, have played in only 61 games combined. OUCH!

Pats need some better, more experienced depth.  I see more potential of epic fail then epic win from this group.  Bring Lloyd back.  He had a good first season to build off of.  So he has some problems, it never showed on the field.  You want to talk low risk-high reward, well that would be one that would make sense to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This thread is interesting reading.  The Pats cut a guy that many on this board characterized as depth/insurance only when they signed him and lose zero money in the process.  Quite frankly, I'm a little surprised at the negativity but I suppose I shouldn't be.  No fun at all, I know, but shouldn't we at least wait for training camp to begin before donning the hard hats to protect us from the falling sky?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Thanks for posting that.  I still say he's an outside guy looking in, but 47 balls from Hasselbeck in 2011 isn't bad especially with a heavy run game featuring Chris Johnson.

He certainly says all the right things. One thing of note, he and Vereen come from the same system at Cal.   Gotta be smart to get in there.

That means nothing.   First of all, the admission standards for athletes are nowhere near the same as the typical student.  The only thing different at Cal vs. Football Factory U. is the number of "exemptions" granted.

Secondly, there are countless guys that went to "elite" academic schools that aren't necessarily bright (e.g. Richard Sherman - Stanford comes to mind).

Or you can have a team of truly bright guys (Ryan Fitz - Harvard) who are lacking in talent.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

[Quote]

Perez Ashford, Northern Illinois.  Quentin Sims, Tennesee-Martin.

I wouldn't get too excited. Nothing more than extended tryouts in camp.

Learn how to use the quote box.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Stopping by reading all the comments this Off-Season has been hilarious. Not worried one bit about this Team.

I've been through the 1-15 years.

Sections
Shortcuts