WR Free Agency list

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: WR Free Agency list

In response to nomadfan's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

If you get bowe at good price, he fits. He's big enough to complement Lloyd,Edelman, (Welker).

Other option is just go size.  Sign Tony Gonzalez and move Hernandez to the outside. Dump Welker. SO TES are gronk,gonza,hooey, fells.    WR... Lloyd,Edelman, Hernandez, Slater.  8 total

Two big receiving TE...  WHO CAN DEFEND THAT?  plus Lloyd and hernandez on the outside.

3rd option , dump fells,Welker... sign Gonzalez and bowe.  This would be unstoppable combo of size speed and talent. And DEPTH. 

TEs.  Gronk, gonza, hooey, Hernandez,

WR. Lloyd, bowe, Edelman, Slater.

Gonzalez has been talking retirement, and even if he did not, ATL will sign him with big bucks in a heartbeat. Yours is one way wishful thinking.

Really.  He's a free agent.  Make an offer.  You don't know any more than I do.  If you were tg wouldn't you listen to all offers?  Wouldn't an offer from NE carry more weight since he has so few years left?  and a chance to play with brady and belichick in the most dominant offensive lineup EVER CONCEIVED ....???

Go ahead and dismiss it... You were probly one of the "moss will never come here/ BB will never sign moss " crowd that I argued with all 2006 season then bang who gets signed in off season ... Randyfreakn moss.

Gonzalez is the freak of tight ends.  whether he signs here or not the purpose of this thread is all hypothetical... You're just pissin in the wind while at least I put out the possibility of the best lineup in NE history. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Really.  He's a free agent.  Make an offer.  You don't know any more than I do.  If you were tg wouldn't you listen to all offers?  Wouldn't an offer from NE carry more weight since he has so few years left?  and a chance to play with brady and belichick in the most dominant offensive lineup EVER CONCEIVED ....???

Go ahead and dismiss it... You were probly one of the "moss will never come here/ BB will never sign moss " crowd that I argued with all 2006 season then bang who gets signed in off season ... Randyfreakn moss.

Gonzalez is the freak of tight ends.  whether he signs here or not the purpose of this thread is all hypothetical... You're just pissin in the wind while at least I put out the possibility of the best lineup in NE history. 

The difference between Moss and Gonzalez is that Oakland wanted Moss out and ATL very much want to keep TG. Moss was willing to take a pay cut to come to NE and I doubt Gonazlez wants to do so. Gonzalez also apparently liked it there. ATL was one game away from the SB, just like the Pats.  He does not have to uproot and move to another city and learn another system.  Moneywise, ATL will outbid NE hands down. NE already have big buck contracts for Gronk and Hernandez. They also have Ballard and Hoo-man. I really do not see the Pats making any move to acquire Gonzalez when they are already deep in that position. There are many other positions the Pats have more need to put the money on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Looking at that lengthy list...I see who wants to play with Brady, and have a good chance to win a ring, and who's willing to take less money to do so. Fact is, some of these guys are NOT going to get the money they think they deserve, and maybe comparable players got in years past. Someone will be willing to take a 1 year deal, put up insane numbers on the most potent offense in the league, have a good chance to win a ring, and probably move on when the WR crop is thinner next season.

I mean, if I was Mike Wallace, that's what I'D do!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Getzo...

By the way.. welcome to the 3000 club.  I need friends....

TFB - You're the effffin' man!!!!! LOL ahahahaha... awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

First of all, where is my  5,000 post banner? 

Secondly...Victor Cruz would be ideal, but the Giants would never let him walk. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Also, we don't need another TE. Ballard will do, we own his rights since he was PUPed all season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Aquib Talib... sorry.... I had too...

Yeah I know how feel,4000 club is a lonely place!

You think 4000 club is lonely, wait until you get to the 6000 club, it's even lonelier and I got nothin for the 6000 club!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Getzo...

TFB - You're the effffin' man!!!!! LOL ahahahaha... awesome.

The picture of the first set of girls welcoming you to the club would have got deleted so this set had to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

First of all, where is my  5,000 post banner? 

Secondly...Victor Cruz would be ideal, but the Giants would never let him walk. 

Your 5,000 banner must of got lost with my 6,000 banner.  Hit me up when he approach the 6,000 club!

Cruz would be fun, would fit perfectly, imo.  But he will remain a Giant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Also, we don't need another TE. Ballard will do, we own his rights since he was PUPed all season.

Gonzalez missed 2 games in his career... Ballard is rebuilt goods.  You people chatting him up have no idea if he can even play yet. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Looking at that lengthy list...I see who wants to play with Brady, and have a good chance to win a ring, and who's willing to take less money to do so. Fact is, some of these guys are NOT going to get the money they think they deserve, and maybe comparable players got in years past. Someone will be willing to take a 1 year deal, put up insane numbers on the most potent offense in the league, have a good chance to win a ring, and probably move on when the WR crop is thinner next season.

I mean, if I was Mike Wallace, that's what I'D do!

Not very impressive list, imo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Gonzalez missed 2 games in his career... Ballard is rebuilt goods.  You people chatting him up have no idea if he can even play yet. 

Gonzalez would be fun to have but no way he leaves the Falcons.  They were close to going to the SB, I'm sure he feels they have as much of a chance or better getting to the SB with them  then with the Patriots.  Plus, he wouldn't want to come to a team with Gronk and Hernandez when he is the main TE with the Falcons.  However, I think he feels very comfortable at this point calling it a career after this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

To 49Pats, TFB, and Bozo.  No matter what they say.. we are cooler then them!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

The difference between Moss and Gonzalez is that Oakland wanted Moss out and ATL very much want to keep TG. Moss was willing to take a pay cut to come to NE and I doubt Gonazlez wants to do so. Gonzalez also apparently liked it there. ATL was one game away from the SB, just like the Pats.  He does not have to uproot and move to another city and learn another system.  Moneywise, ATL will outbid NE hands down. NE already have big buck contracts for Gronk and Hernandez. They also have Ballard and Hoo-man. I really do not see the Pats making any move to acquire Gonzalez when they are already deep in that position. There are many other positions the Pats have more need to put the money on.

Your points have some merit, but miss completely many facts...  TG is a free agent who makes the decision , not Atlanta.   you pay him because he's worth it  and Hernandez goes to wr.  Hern sucks as a blocker anyway . ballard has bad knees and might be half the player he once was.  also BB never hesitates to overstock his TEs. this team needs reliable depth there after all injuries to Hernandez, gronk, Ballard. ...

just saying... Would be exactly what offense lacked .  size and talent at receiver.  Its outside the box thinking but that's BBs thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Lemme interject if I may.. is there a debate of whether BB should target Gonzales?  First he may only play one more year, and why would NE get another TE with Ballard set to comeback anyways?

My goodness.    AQUIB TALIB is the only FA that BB should target, OR another true number 1 CB.  We all saw the difference he made and we can sign him long term as he is entering his age of 27 next season...

DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE.

As I am spewing my thought process I realized we are in the WR thread... get a 6'4 WR that can get separation.  Period. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Greg Jennings
    Mike Wallace
    Dwayne Bowe
    Danny Amendola
    Victor Cruz (RFA)
    Emanuel Sanders (RFA)

Louis Murphy (CAR)
    Josh Cribbs (CLE)
    M.Massaquoi (CLE)
    Donnie Avery (IND)
    Devery Henderson (NO)
    Ramses Barden (NYG)
    Dominic Hixon (NYG)
    Jerome Simpson (MIN)
    Brian Hartline (MIA)
    Ted Ginn (SF)
    Brandon Gibson (STL)
    Derek Hagan (OAK)
    Legadu Nannee (FA)

Johnnie Knox (CHI) may not be a FA due to remaining on PUP for the 2012 season

Braylon Edwards
    Plaxico Burress
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss
    Mark Clayton
    Mike Williams
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Lee Evans

Heck, I would take Cruz but he willl get some good money from NYG and wont be leaving there.  While Wallace, Bowe, Jennings seem to be the big names on that list, I'm just not too high on them and don't think they will be worth the money they will demand.

Hartline is interesting but not worth the reported $5-6 million he wants.

What do you think about Donnie Avery or Brandon Gibson?  Might be worth looking at and will be able to get at a good price, imo.

Great pic with those cheerleaders TFB12, as always fine work.

Wallace is the one guy that can burn you deep that everybody wants (even though he's not tall) our defense always had that one guy on the field who could burn you deep whether it was David Patten, David Givens (2004 we had both) or Randy Moss.  But both Davids had similar traits, Patten went undrafted and Givens went in the 7th round, neither cost a whole lot of money.

Wallace would be on my wish list, but he's just an overpriced David Patten and not to take away from Patten, beyond him lets just hope a vet who knows his time is short (Jennings?) decides to sign for a reasonable contract.  Bowe is a big, plodding receiver who wouldn't work in our system and out of the rest, none I would prefer over those we already have coming into camp next season.  

Draft some WR's, invite every available free agent WR a chance to come to camp and try out for the team instead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

3K, congrats!!  Ancient history for me.  (-;

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Yeah I know how feel,4000 club is a lonely place!

You think 4000 club is lonely, wait until you get to the 6000 club, it's even lonelier and I got nothin for the 6000 club!

TFB...  lonely at the top of the post chain..  I got my kudos, but no pic....  )-;

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Greg Jennings
    Mike Wallace
    Dwayne Bowe
    Danny Amendola
    Victor Cruz (RFA)
    Emanuel Sanders (RFA)

Louis Murphy (CAR)
    Josh Cribbs (CLE)
    M.Massaquoi (CLE)
    Donnie Avery (IND)
    Devery Henderson (NO)
    Ramses Barden (NYG)
    Dominic Hixon (NYG)
    Jerome Simpson (MIN)
    Brian Hartline (MIA)
    Ted Ginn (SF)
    Brandon Gibson (STL)
    Derek Hagan (OAK)
    Legadu Nannee (FA)

Johnnie Knox (CHI) may not be a FA due to remaining on PUP for the 2012 season

Braylon Edwards
    Plaxico Burress
    Terrell Owens
    Randy Moss
    Mark Clayton
    Mike Williams
    Mike Sims-Walker
    Lee Evans

Heck, I would take Cruz but he willl get some good money from NYG and wont be leaving there.  While Wallace, Bowe, Jennings seem to be the big names on that list, I'm just not too high on them and don't think they will be worth the money they will demand.

Hartline is interesting but not worth the reported $5-6 million he wants.

What do you think about Donnie Avery or Brandon Gibson?  Might be worth looking at and will be able to get at a good price, imo.

Wallace is the one guy that can burn you deep that everybody wants (even though he's not tall) our defense always had that one guy on the field who could burn you deep whether it was David Patten, David Givens (2004 we had both) or Randy Moss.  But both Davids had similar traits, Patten went undrafted and Givens went in the 7th round, neither cost a whole lot of money.

Wallace would be on my wish list, but he's just an overpriced David Patten and not to take away from Patten, beyond him lets just hope a vet who knows his time is short (Jennings?) decides to sign for a reasonable contract.  Bowe is a big, plodding receiver who wouldn't work in our system and out of the rest, none I would prefer over those we already have coming into camp next season.  

Draft some WR's, invite every available free agent WR a chance to come to camp and try out for the team instead.

Totally agree.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Thanks!  I agree about Bowe, I have never been a fan of his so I hope they stay away from him.  Jennings, I don't want another player coming off an injury especially if we are depending on that player to be one that helps push the Pats over the top.  Wallace is fast, he would be a deep threat but he is going to want some big money.  There isn't a receiver on that list that makes me say they gotta get him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Hit me up at 8k, I'm working for 7k, gonna take some time to get there tho, lol!  BTW, 8k is deserving of something Grand, imo!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, BB needs to work some magic either in a WR trade or free agency.  His WR drafts are sad.  Especially when he advised (allegedly) the Falcons to pass on Julio Jones!  What??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Hit me up at 8k, I'm working for 7k, gonna take some time to get there tho, lol!  BTW, 8k is deserving of something Grand, imo!!

THANKS, if I remember..  probably not until we get close to training camp...  I'm no "rusty"!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

BTW, BB needs to work some magic either in a WR trade or free agency.  His WR drafts are sad.  Especially when he advised (allegedly) the Falcons to pass on Julio Jones!  What??

I don't think he disliked Jones as a player, but thought what they were giving up was excessive, it certainly didn't win them the Lombardi.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Steve Smith is not a FA. 

You are correct, I will remove him from the list.  There is a WR on the Rams named Steve Smith, fee agent 2013.

Yeah, that's the guy who was with the Giants, had a nice year and then left for Philly. I think he got hurt and was never the same. Decent player if he's healthy. Caught 107 balls for 1,220 yards and 7 TDs with NYG in '09.

Very good dependable move the chains type with some speed and had couple of big grabs in SB as a rookie

still tore up his knee pretty bad

Sections
Shortcuts