WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now!:
    In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : I have never heard that Marshall was too stupid to learn the playbook, that is news to me. How does someone put up the numbers Marshall has done in the past and is too stupid to know the playbook? The thing about Marshall is he is one of the best blocking WR in the league as well and I'm sure you already know about his YAC ability. Someone that doesn't have love for the game will tend to slack off on plays, does not attept to block on run plays, and will try to go out of bounds or fall to the ground. Marshall does none of that, none of his past teammates or coaches have ever accused him of the allegations you are bringing up. Do you personally know Marshall and have all of this insight that people around him do not? I know Moss has been questioned on if he takes plays off and his dedication at times but I have never heard that about Marshall. Only time will tell but I have a good feeling that Marshall is going to do great things in Miami  and he has plenty of years to do it. One of the best in the game and he turned 26 this year. I'm not worried as a Miami fan so why is there all of this concern about him from some Pat and Jets fans?
    Posted by 305PhinPhan

Obviously you didnt see marshall batting down balls at practice and refusing to play injured while moss played with an assortment of injuries quietly

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

@81pats12

The blog is whis the best receiver NOW in the AFC East. You are comparing Moss and Marshall on multiple years not NOW. Moss has been established in the league for  12 years compared to someone who has been starting in the league for 3. That's like trying to compare Tom Brady with Matt Ryan, of coarse Brady has the edge most vets do get it over younger players. Just look at game film from last year and it is clear who is better. You are comparing TD to see who is the better receiver and you have to take in to effect who was throwing the ball for the receiver to get the TD's. Orton only threw for 21 of them and Marshall had 10 of the 21, that's pretty damn good. Moss had 13 of Brady's 28 and Brady is 10x the QB Orton is. Why did you fail to account for the catches between the two the past three years? Or the fact that Moss only had 55 more yards those past three seasons with one of the best QB's in the game and pressure taken off of him from Welker while Marshall was in Denver by himself. As I have stated numerous times before, Moss is still one of the best WR's in the game but he is past his prime and Marshall hasn't even hit his yet. With that being said the edge goes to Marshall.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Obviously you didnt see marshall batting down balls at practice and refusing to play injured while moss played with an assortment of injuries quietly
    Posted by 81pats12

Oh really? Is that kinda like Moss (during a game) not running at full speed on a go route when the ball was thrown his way and because of his action had the ball intercepted? Marshall has ALWAYS showed up un Sundays, can you say the same for Moss?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

and the critic is silent.......shhhhhhh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

Take Marshall, sure he will do awesome for Miami. Do you think if New England wanted him he'd be wearing a Patriot' s jersey now? I hope you are here in November, saying I told you so. If not, you get filed under Mr. Irrelevant, like so many before you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The blog is who has the best WR's in the AFC east plural not singular! I know this because I started the blog. Sorry Phinphan!!! Wrong again what a shock.....As a fan of football in general and specifically the Patriots I started this blog with my opinion already formed,I firmly believe that the Patriots top to bottom have the finest WR's in the AFC East and second only to Indy's WR's in the AFC as a whole! I'm not going to add any of the rookies to the mix but with just Holt,Moss and Patten they are better than every team in the AFC East. Now add in Edelman,Tate and Welker and believe this Welker will return sooner rather than later,and with those 3 added in and just Crumpler the Patriots are a vastly superior unit. I knew also that the fish fans would come to the aide of Brandon Marshall. I don't even pretend to argue that Marshall isn't a rare talent,he is! Though as several other posters have stated he is a head case,so when the Phins traded for him they rolled the dice and already he has duped them as they had absolutely no idea he was planning on having hip surgery,no matter how minor he was duplicitious in his actions,but hey he's your teams headache.At least the Jests fans didn't pretend that their receiving corps were anywheres near as talented as the Patriots are! They went with the our defense is better route rather than sticking to the blogs format and question.The Title of which is in every post,it shows you right in the beginning at the top of your posting can you read? Good luck Phins fan and you also Jests fan,but this is again the year of the Patriots.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

Ok so are you since it's best receivers now, I guess you can't include Welker because he will be out for half a season. Sorry but there needs to be a point in your life when you become a realist and not so biased toward your own team. Hartline had a better season than Edelman and Hartline had a catch average of over 16 yards per catch which was better than the elite receivers in the league. I will take Marshall, Bess (who is going into his 3rd season and has put up better numbers his first two years in the league over your boy Welker) Hartline, Camarillo (Led NFL with 0 drops last year) Grice Mullen who is a twin to Davone Bess (who know the receiver at Hawaii that put up better stats than Bess in college and is making a great impression during the Phins camp). Now you have to throw in the fact that having Marshall in replace of Ginn makes the rest of the receivers better because now Marshall will demand all of the double teams ect. The only positions I would favor the Pats on offense is QB, Center, and one of your rookie TE's. The rest I would keep the same on Miami's roster. I hope you are here at the end of the season so I can bloat and hear YOU make excuses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Phinphan Devon Bess is a nice little slot receiver but he couldn't hold Welkers Jock,Hartline APC doesn't top the new second receiver in New England Holt,And I'll take Moss over Marshall until the day that Marshall grows up. Edelman is a very good receiver for a guy who had never played the position before last year! He'll only improve. Tate and Price are wild cards as noone knows what they will give,other than speed. You know even my cousin who is the biggest fish fan of them all realizes the Patriots have 2 HOF'ers and the dolphins have none at this point in time,I'll be here all year like I've been for the last 8 years (I was suspended for the last year,to many arguements with folks incapable of reading and comprehending at the same time). You come on back and I'll be here at the end of the season waiting for your apology. I'm not guessing when it comes to the talent level of my QB in relation to his receivers,Henne will cater too Marshall's every whim and someone has to suffer for it,Bess and Hartline won't see the ball near as much as you think they will,and Fasano might as well practice blocking because he'll only see the ball on holidays! The word you wanted too say but couldn't spell is gloat not bloat,but you might very well be bloating as thats what happens when a fish dies it bloats.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 305PhinPhan. Show 305PhinPhan's posts

I hope you are here at the end of the year so I can get my apology from you. Bottom line:

Marshall /> Moss
    Bess /> Holt
    Hartline /> Edelman

When Welker comes back I give him the nod over Bess but than again Bess is going into his 3rd year while Welker has been in the league for a lot longer. Bess is putting up better numbers than Welker did his first two years in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

New players going to new teams are always hard to gauge how they'll perform with a new team. Some do better, while some regress. Right now the big advantage that Patriot receivers have over any team in our division is Tom Brady. If he has a great year then it will be the Pats without question.

On a side note C's are doing a great job of doing a disappearing act of the Magic. Think there might be another parade coming soon, and the only team winning a Championship that wear's Green and White in the next 12 months will be the C's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots have the best WRs in the East. IMO the top 5 groups in the league are: 1. Colts - Can't deny, Wayne and Clark are both top 5 at their respective positions and Collie and Garcon both emerged in a big way last year. 2. Packers: Greg Jennings is a stud and Donald Driver is old but as reliable as they come. Jermichael Finley is a terrific young TE and a few of their younger WRs are very promising. 3. Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald alone is enough to give defensive coordinators nightmares at night. They would be #1 had they not traded Boldin but Breaston in a terrific #2 option. 4. Texans: Andre Johnson might be the best in the game and Kevin Walter is a steady #2. Owen Daniels is a beast of a TE assuming he comes back healthy. 5. Saints: They don't have one superstar but they have 5 guys that could start on almost any team in the league.
    Posted by FishTaco64
    I like the Calvin Johnson more than I like Andre Johnson,I can agree that the Colts are the best top to bottom but I rank the Patriots in a tight second based on Brady's ability to throw the ball and the WR's ability to get open,when a rookie QB grabs 37 passes in his first season ever as a WR then I'm impressed with both ends of the pass reception.So just so folks who can't count without the usage of their appendages the slot receivers from NE caught 160 passes and Moss had what another 80 catches just think how dangerous this group becomes  with Holt holding down the #2 position on the opposite side of the field,also don't count out Welker he has always had to fight the battle of he's not this or that.... The Patriots may have improved at the only place that didn't contribute squat last season the TE position,Crumpler used to be a pass catching TE and then for a few years he switched and became a blocking TE now he's gotten into route running shape again,and from all accounts out of Rookie camp Hernandez had no problem knowing his place in all of the offensive formations he was given,he's a more gifted receiver than Gronkowski is,but Gronkowski is a beast size wise!!! If you don't have them ranked the #2 group now you will by the end of the season,and you might even have to put them in the #1 slot by that time..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

FishTaco64, I don't know how you exclude the QB from the equation,heck anyone can run downfield!!! If the player running the route has Ryan Leaf as his QB he ain't catching squat. As for Moss look who he had for a QB in Oaktown,3 nobodies and I think they had Jeff Garcia but didn't give him the starting job.... Even without TB in the equation both Moss and Holt are HOF WR's both are in the top ten career receptions wise and Moss is in the top 5,Welker is the bomb you just wind him up and watch him work. As for 5 worst Passing games I couldn't begin to evaluate whose got the worst,I'd put the Jets in there pretty low. I couldn't rank what they have in the top 25. Braylon "drop the easy pass" Edwards,Santonio "I'm suspended" Holmes,Jericho Cotchery is OK but I don't see him blowing anyone away,and their top TE is Keller......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I hope you are here at the end of the year so I can get my apology from you. Bottom line: Marshall /> Moss Bess /> Holt Hartline /> Edelman When Welker comes back I give him the nod over Bess but than again Bess is going into his 3rd year while Welker has been in the league for a lot longer. Bess is putting up better numbers than Welker did his first two years in the league.
    Posted by 305PhinPhan

How can you justify that Marshall is better than Moss?  Marshall's most TD's was 10 and that was once.....Moss had more yards and TD's than Marshall with less receptions.....Moss has had 10 or more TD's 9 times in his career.
    Marshall isn't even close to Moss at this time in his career.....

The only thing that Marshall has over Moss is that he is on the upside of career and Moss is starting to slightly decline.

Holt and Bess....where do I begin?  Well Bess has never had a 1000 yd season, Holt has had 5 years that were better than Bess' only 2 years combined.  Holt has never averaged lower than 12.4 Yds per reception....Bess has never had better than 10.3 Yds Per reception in a season.

Like the Moss/Marshall comparison, the thing that Bess has over Holt is age and that Bess is getting better and Holt has been trending down.....(but Holt has not had a great QB throwing to him since Warner).

I still think that without Welker, NE has a better WR core than any team in the East.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Am I mad? Nope. But thanks for asking "bro" Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

YEH, U MAD.

I didnt get the whole you guys vs yous guys speach but I am sure there wasnt much of a point there.  When I say you guys, I am refering to the beaners on this forum.  So if you are lumped in there so be it.   If you didnt spew the garbage I am refering to then one of your knucklehead breathren did.  I wanted Rhodes gone for a couple of years now.  Especially last year.  He blamed his poor performance on Mangini's system being too rigid and then he blames last year on Rex playing favorites..  he is a whiner and no longer a playmaker since he signed his big contract. He can g t f o  to AZ.

My big issue with "you guys" is the fact that we made it to the AFC championship game and yet we are labled as a 500 team.  Noone here will own up to seeing an improved Sanchez at the end of the year and in the playoffs.  Noone will even consider the fact that he is building on a great foundation for his second year.  Lets not understate the fact that we had the #1 defense.  Admit it and dont try to belittle it by saying that there are more important measures to a defense.  Add that to the fact that it was a new defense and that makes the accomplishment that much more gratifying.  We will have an even better defense this year so regardless if we play cover 1, cover 2 or cover 0 we will be better than last year.  That is a scary thought for you guys...

The number 1 rushing offense will be tougher to repeat not because we lost Thomas Jones or Faneca but because we will be throwing more with BE, LT and Holmes.  Add a full offseason with them and Cotchery and Keller and I would not trade them for anyone else in the AFC East.  That is a very nice set of 5 coming out as targets for Sanchize!!! better than the patsies or fish imo.

As for the other thread about Sanchize staking out the white house, I would want our guys to believe that we will win the super bowl this year.  What else are you going to believe?  We will make it to the playoffs and lose to the Colts?  Nope, we have changed the personel and will adjust our gameplan to overcome the Colts this year.

And finally as for you guys that say we have not won a SB in a long time, you guys are the same people that said we did not make it to a championship game in a long time and I suspect that when we do win one, you will be bellyaching about we only won one when you won 3 recently.  Its all good, I am just looking forward to putting out a punishing defense and letting the chips fall where they will.  We will, AGAIN, have the most physical team!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : How can you justify that Marshall is better than Moss?  Marshall's most TD's was 10 and that was once.....Moss had more yards and TD's than Marshall with less receptions.....Moss has had 10 or more TD's 9 times in his career. Marshall isn't even close to Moss at this time in his career..... The only thing that Marshall has over Moss is that he is on the upside of career and Moss is starting to slightly decline. Holt and Bess....where do I begin?  Well Bess has never had a 1000 yd season, Holt has had 5 years that were better than Bess' only 2 years combined.  Holt has never averaged lower than 12.4 Yds per reception....Bess has never had better than 10.3 Yds Per reception in a season. Like the Moss/Marshall comparison, the thing that Bess has over Holt is age and that Bess is getting better and Holt has been trending down.....(but Holt has not had a great QB throwing to him since Warner). I still think that without Welker, NE has a better WR core than any team in the East.
    Posted by m1021us

You seem to be comparing these receivers as they "were" not as they "are". Marshall was better than Moss last year. Devon Bess was better than Holt last year..it's a fact. Holt is way past his prime and Moss looks like he's not far behind. He wants a new deal but isn't playing like one. Miami has the youngest offense in the nfl. Missing Welker for half the season is bad news for New England. If he was healthy I would go would Ne...but he's not. It's almost sad you compare these players in their prime which is over for Moss and Holt. Those days are long gone.Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : You seem to be comparing these receivers as they "were" not as they "are". Marshall was better than Moss last year. Devon Bess was better than Holt last year..it's a fact. Holt is way past his prime and Moss looks like he's not far behind. He wants a new deal but isn't playing like one. Miami has the youngest offense in the nfl. Missing Welker for half the season is bad news for New England. If he was healthy I would go would Ne...but he's not. It's almost sad you compare these players in their prime which is over for Moss and Holt. Those days are long gone.
    Posted by perfect72

Uh. no he wasn't.....check the stats...

And Who did Holt have throwing to him, certainly it wasn't any pro-bowl caliber QB.....

If Holt is way past his prime by getting over 700 yds with no other offensive weapons and a POS QB, then you are in for a BIG surprise watching Brady throw to him.......
      If Moss is on his way to being past his prime and still pulling in 13 TD's and 1,200+ yds...than I am happy for him....it is still better than What Marshall is going to do.

Youngest = least experienced.....not exactly a good thing.....

You obviously know nothing about football...LOL!
    try looking at the stats and keeping up with the rest of us.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Uh. no he wasn't.....check the stats... And Who did Holt have throwing to him, certainly it wasn't any pro-bowl caliber QB..... If Holt is way past his prime by getting over 700 yds with no other offensive weapons and a POS QB, then you are in for a BIG surprise watching Brady throw to him.......   If Moss is on his way to being past his prime and still pulling in 13 TD's and 1,200+ yds...than I am happy for him....it is still better than What Marshall is going to do. Youngest = least experienced.....not exactly a good thing..... You obviously know nothing about football...LOL! try looking at the stats and keeping up with the rest of

us.....

Ummmm no. I guess  "know nothing about football" is more realistic than "dreaming" about my favorite team and your complete, unrealistic, even laughable
     prognostics concerning the pats over the hill receiving corps just makes you look that much more ridiculous. You're an SNL skit. Why don't you just replace "Da Bears" with "Da Patriots"? I guess you just don't realize how dumb your comments are.  
    Posted by m1021us

And it's not US it's just you...at least the other Pats fans are somewhat objective.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Edwards routinely drops balls at key points in the game, Holmes is a good #2, but will miss the first four games. And there is always the minor observation that Brady is much better than Sanchez, Henne, or any other QB in the division. I think it;s getting closer, but the Pats (if healthy) have best WR corps in the division, however, the Jets could easily have the best secondary: Revis is Revis and Cromartie will have to stop conceiving children every hour of the day and try to return to his pro-bowl self. ALso believe that Henandez is an option if the Pats run the spread and Gronk could be a quality pass catcher, whilst Crumpler provides pass protection and run blocking skills. I'm not really concerned about the O aside from the playcalling. I like our run D with Mayo and Spikes, but the pass rush is still lacking unless one of the DL players we acquired turns out to be Seymour revisited.......and I am not holding my breath on that one......might add that the D needs to play better situational football than last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : And it's not US it's just you...at least the other Pats fans are somewhat objective.
    Posted by perfect72

LOL!  Open your eyes and learn something about the game before you post....That is all I am asking.

Only an idiot would think that Marshall is a better WR with Henne throwing to him than Moss with Brady throwing to him, RIGHT NOW.

Where do these unknowledgeable trolls come from?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

As the old truism goes, "defense is nice but WRs win championships".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

There are no knowledgeable trolls! There are several biased slants towards everyone's teams,I take the Patriots cause up because I really believe that they have the top receiving team this side of Indianapolis. The QB isn't even a question as to is the top QB in the AFC,but to hear the fans of the Jests and fish tell Sanchez and Henne are all that and a bag of peanuts. You know I must of missed the Super bowl victories for these two teams? When were those games played? The last time anyone saw the fish in a SB was 1972! The Jests last visit was what 1969.I'll stick with Brady and his two HOF WR against either of the young lads and their no HOF receivers.By the way Fish fan Bess caught 76 passes for 758 yards,Holt caught 51 passes for 778 yards,so though Bess caught more dink passes Holt did more with less catches! Also who was the last Jaguar who caught 75 balls and a thousand yards as a #2 receiver heck make it a #1 receiver! Because to knowledge there has never been one!! You've gotta have a passing QB for those kind of stats.Here's another tid bit for you Holt only played in 12 games...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Marshall is a great WR , but even a past his prime Moss is better at this point in his career. Its not really a debate either. Moss played almost an entire year w/a seperated shoulder and bad back and posted 1265/13 TDs. And he still gets doubled as much as any WR in the game today. BYW 1260/13 TD is what Moss averages for his career year to year , he averages more yards and TDs than Rice. Fitz is probably considered the best WR in todays game , to match 81's stats after 7 years he would need 2000 yards and 30 TDs LOL. Thats how great Randy is! Believe me Im an objective sports fan and will admit Randy has been favorite football player since I saw him tear up Ball St. for 5 TDs in college. I have no problem admitting hes on the downside of his career , but Marshall is not better. Definately on par , but not better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Marshall is a great WR , but even a past his prime Moss is better at this point in his career. Its not really a debate either. Moss played almost an entire year w/a seperated shoulder and bad back and posted 1265/13 TDs. And he still gets doubled as much as any WR in the game today. BYW 1260/13 TD is what Moss averages for his career year to year , he averages more yards and TDs than Rice. Fitz is probably considered the best WR in todays game , to match 81's stats after 7 years he would need 2000 yards and 30 TDs LOL. Thats how great Randy is! Believe me Im an objective sports fan and will admit Randy has been favorite football player since I saw him tear up Ball St. for 5 TDs in college. I have no problem admitting hes on the downside of his career , but Marshall is not better. Definately on par , but not better.
    Posted by ONE-TIME

OMG, you didn't just say that!  Watch out for those Miami TROLLS.....LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Brandon marshall is a possession receiver!!! he's a bigger wes welker... yes he has caught a 100 balls the past 3 years but moss has caught 47 Tds compared to 23 by marshall 23 Tds in 3 years.... moss caught that much in one season with a healthy brady... you can argue that in the past 3 years moss has had a better Qb than marshall only once(2007) when marshall was playing with cutler moss had cassell when he was playing with orton moss had an indecisive and innacurate brady coming off a devastating injury and left alot of TDs on the field.... even at an "advanced" age moss is still king amongst WRs.... 47 TDs in 3 years!!!! the only person close is Larry fitzgerald with 35 that's a 12 TD difference!!!
    Posted by 81pats12

yeah and? BM had cutler and orton throwing to him...not tom brady and not in an ALL passing offense ALL the time

you dont think if moss played in a more pro-style offense rather than the pats spread formations that he would be putting up those numbers? his numbers are inflated and wont last because he A. doesnt care about football very much and B. has no intention of returning to the pats after this year and i dont think they have any intention of bringing him back beyond this year

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: WR in the AFC east who has the best receivers now! : Uh. no he wasn't.....check the stats... And Who did Holt have throwing to him, certainly it wasn't any pro-bowl caliber QB..... If Holt is way past his prime by getting over 700 yds with no other offensive weapons and a POS QB, then you are in for a BIG surprise watching Brady throw to him.......   If Moss is on his way to being past his prime and still pulling in 13 TD's and 1,200+ yds...than I am happy for him....it is still better than What Marshall is going to do. Youngest = least experienced.....not exactly a good thing..... You obviously know nothing about football...LOL! try looking at the stats and keeping up with the rest of us.....
    Posted by m1021us

actually david gerrard is pretty good and i believe he has played in a pro bowl before

and i wouldnt count on moss's stats being better this year or any year going forward...the pats still didnt address the pass rush and their offensive line play, as far as blocking for brady was less than stellar last year

meaning the pats could either not be able to stop passing offenses or keep brady's jersey clean...id be worried if i like the pats even remotely

Sections
Shortcuts