WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots

Ian R. Rapoport 
    Jason La Canfora 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots

Patriots set to host veteran WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh for a free agent workout tomorrow (Ian Rapport....Boston Herald)

The Patriots are still building their roster, and coach Bill Belichick is set to kick the tires on an intriguing option tomorrow.

Former Bengals receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh is scheduled to visit Foxboro and receive a workout, I’m told.

The 33-year-old, who last played for the Ravens, used to tag-team with Chad Ochocinco for years in Cincinnati. Could they team up again? That depends on how he looks tomorrow.

The 6-foot-2, 203-pounder had a rough year last year in Baltimore with just 30 catches for 398 yards and three scores. But in 2009 in Seattle, he showed some fresh legs with 79 catches, 911 yards and three touchdowns. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Championship!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Hmmm...

Interesting but I thought we were already stacked at WR. 

BB has been saying alot lately that some players are great at some things and bad at others while some are good at all things.  Maybe he'll get rid of Tate, Eldeman, and Slater and roll with 4 really good WRs.

Ocho, Housh, Welker, Branch, and Price

Plus, we still have very good TE in Gronkowski and Hernandez.  It would be interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Seems like a "light a fire under so and so's butt" move to me. Housh is interesting but is he better then Ocho, Branch, Welker, or even Price at this point? This seems more like a move to get into Tate's and Edelman's head and make them work harder

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Interesting!  Am I surprised by this... YES!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport 
     Christopher Price 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Just because he is visiting, doesn't mean a lot.

If we sign him, it will be interesting to see what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Nice for the Patriots to have the dilemma which WR's to keep....

Side note....TJ and Deion played together in Seattle in 2009

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

Hopefully this has nothing to do with Price's injury...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots:
    Posted by dyslexic

He either rolled or sprained his ankle....Reiss said it was nothing major

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots:
    Nice for the Patriots to have the dilemma which WR's to keep.... Side note....TJ and Deion played together in Seattle in 2009
    Posted by Rocky

Now that's interesting!  Maybe he will be signed.  Housh has always seemed to me to be a Pats type player.  One who likes nothing more than to win.  Others want more money but Housh doesn't seem to care.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Posted by dyslexic

He either rolled or sprained his ankle....Reiss said it was nothing major

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian R. Rapoport 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Championship!
    Posted by btownteamsrking

Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wow, didn't see this coming.  It's good to have cash available.  I never liked him but admired his toughness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Another reason to work out a guy like TJ is in case a WR goes down during the season.  If no one has picked up TJ by then, the Patriots will know if he can still run, then they can bring him in.    

It's good to know what's the status of available free agents in case you need to add depth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Branch on his way out? I mean, what's the purpose of having two 33 year old wide receivers? I just don't see how a 33 year old possession receiver helps this team...add in the fact that he's coming in late, never played in this system, and had no off season. Someone's got to be hurt and headed to IR...hope it's not Price. Or are they cutting the cord on Edelman and Tate?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

I suspect he is in just to create some competition and get some of the receivers to kick it into a higher gear.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

What kind of receiver is T.J.?  He's not really a stretch-the-field guy.  Does he offer something Branch doesn't?  I doubt he's a better option than Welker or Hernandez in the slot.  I'm a bit confused.  Most likely just BB kicking the tires.  Interesting.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

please dont cut edelman.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: WR T. J. Houshmandzadeh will work out tomorrow for the Patriots : He either rolled or sprained his ankle....Reiss said it was nothing major
    Posted by Rocky

Hope so . . . I didn't like the way he got up after getting hit on that last punt return. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

belichick is always looking to improve the team in any way. even when they appear set he still looks to upgrade.. i could see tate getting cut if houshmandzadeh were to be signed, thats a big if. no telling what he has left but belichick will. if he does sign then its just another redzone option. how would opponents stop all of these guys? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

I don't know about this one.  What the hell, bring back Moss if that's the case.  Drink up Pats nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts