WR Trade?... how bout this!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

WR Trade?... how bout this!

How about the Pats USING the WR's they already have....!

Why the hell do they need to trade for anyone right now...

Have any of you watched....

• Hernandez:  This kid is already rediculous...
    • Gronkowski:  Big, strong TE that has great hands...
    • Tate: FAST.... Did I say FAST...
    • Welker:  OH YEAH.... WELKER !!
    • Edelman: Oh.... Just another Welker.... That's ALL...

Brady won 3 Superbowls without anything close to that list of talent above...

How about the Pats USE those draft picks next year to draft a GREAT RB or CB ??

In addition to the list above Brady also has Crumpler, Price, Woodhead, and Morris to throw to.....

If they trade for anyone right now.... It will be a RB, ..NOT a Wideout.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VirginiaPats. Show VirginiaPats's posts

Re: WR Trade?... how bout this!

Most on here realise the talent we have, Very Young "Talent". Some are concerned with the youth part of that equation, personally i would go out and get a Branch for his Veteran knowledge. I would not waste time nor draft picks on VJ.
    Concerning next year's draft i agree on the RB being a priority, but CB should not be , not this draft I think we wasted enough 1's and 2's on that position its time to let the youngins learn to play and take there licks this year. I would use one of our #1 on premier DLineman talent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You didn't mention Price who is really fast and big to boot...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I agree with Virginia. The talent they have is very young and who knows if they can continue with the success throughout the year. The only players we can really count on is Welker and really Edelman (since he has had limited snaps). Getting a Vet that can be a #4 or #5 would help with the depth and sure up a younger defense without needing the number of catches a #1 or #2 would get. For this Branch would be ideal but even an Evans or Smith with no real #1 or #2 but a rotation of three players (ie Welker and Tate as the other 2) would work real well too.

As far as the draft I see OL, DL, and DE/OLB being just as much if not more a priority then RB at this point. Though our RB core is shallow 3 outta 5 of our OL is getting ready to either retire or leave. Our DL isn't looking to great right now, though with Warren coming back a rotation of Brace and Deadrick. But I still like the idea of getting a young version of Seymour with Oak's #1. The DE/OLB positin is still weak even with Cunningham.

Look for either Anthony Allen or Mario Fannin as big bruiser type back to compliment BJGE in the late 2nd early 3rd rounds. Really I think BGJE can be a 1st or 2nd down back but we need a short yard and bruiser back. These guys fit the bill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

In Response to Re: WR Trade?... how bout this!:
    [QUOTE]You didn't mention Price who is really fast and big to boot...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Yep.... I did...

"In addition to the list above Brady also has Crumpler, Price, Woodhead, and Morris to throw to....."

... and I do agree... he is fast and big....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

There's Darnell Jenkins too thou he's really raw and further down this list than Price.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to WR Trade?... how bout this!:
    [QUOTE]How about the Pats USING the WR's they already have....! Why the hell do they need to trade for anyone right now... Have any of you watched.... Hernandez:  This kid is already rediculous... Gronkowski:  Big, strong TE that has great hands... Tate: FAST.... Did I say FAST... Welker:  OH YEAH.... WELKER !! Edelman: Oh.... Just another Welker.... That's ALL... Brady won 3 Superbowls without anything close to that list of talent above... How about the Pats USE those draft picks next year to draft a GREAT RB or CB ?? In addition to the list above Brady also has Crumpler, Price, Woodhead, and Morris to throw to..... If they trade for anyone right now.... It will be a RB, ..NOT a Wideout.... 
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

We're all excited about the kids, but the truth is that no one on your list except Welker and Crumpler has ever caught 40 passes in an NFL season, so while the talent is there, the jury is out on production.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WR Trade?... how bout this! : Yep.... I did... "In addition to the list above Brady also has Crumpler, Price , Woodhead, and Morris to throw to....." ... and I do agree... he is fast and big....
    Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I guess because he wasn't in bullet points I didn't notice... 

I think he'll be another David Givens potentially with more explosiveness.  If he had gone to a bigger school with his measurables he would have gone first round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It's time for Terrence Nunn ...  huh, who's with me?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

IMO we drafted Price to be the heir apparent to Moss. He came from a bad program but was productive.  He needs a little time to learn the pro system.  I had him mocked to go late second/early third.  He will have an advantage over Moss in that he won't be double teamed.  He can burn and is tall with good hands.  He will get behind some coverages and could emerge now.  It might have been a year before we saw what he could do with Moss on the team.  Price was doing good on the scout team and looked great in pre-season.  Perhaps BB saw enough in Price that he felt he was ready to give him a chance.  With Moss gone, look for Price to be on the 45 man game roster now.  I predict he will flash early on.  I still wouldn't hesitate to take AJ Green if he comes out and is there with our Raider pick but Price will be good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

I keep hearing that "these young players" are not yet proven and that's why we need to go out and trade for a veteran wideout...

Have any of you folks actually watched the games thus far?  ... or are you basing your opinions on the stats in the newspaper?

.... These kids are BALLERS ALREADY....  and they are going to get BETTER....

As I said in the OP.... Brady won 3 superbowls with FAR LESS talent than is currently on the roster for Recievers.....

If a trade is made at this point... It should be for RB or OL....

....And draft picks for 2011....  well.... The Pats are Stacked with picks....

They can pretty much grab all the missing peices in one draft...

OL... OLB... S... RB... DE...

With Bodden coming back and McCourty looking great already.... the CB position might not even be a need... however since it is such an important position and depth is a factor, it will likely be a place to use one of those picks as well...

Bottom line....  The recievers on the roster right now are the best Brady has EVER HAD...... 

.... And the Pats certainly will not need to trade for Branch.... are you kidding me........?

.... For what?   .... to keep the bench warm for Edelman and Hernandez and Tate?

Please..... Branch.... you guys are killing me....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

I bet Darnell would move up the chain FAST, as he is FAST. I hope we promote him before another team takes him like they did Terrence Nunn.

We need to get him and Sergio Brown to a safe place before they are stolen.

As for the other receivers, BB moved Moss out of their way as they ARE going to get better. Moss would have been jealous if they kept getting more catches than he did. BB was taking the pressure off Brady, so now he can hit "The OPEN GUY", our favorite receiver for winning a SB!!

Brady has WEAPONS and they are quick and FAST. We will live for YAC!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I was going to post about how we are stacked with young talent at WR and TE, but most of you have done the work for me.

A vincent Jackson would be nice, but we don't need him. Stop with all the Steve Smith talk, its not going to happen because Carolina has no other WR outside of smith that can make plays.

The closest thing to realistic is us bringing Branch in but remember, he isn't the same Branch that helped us win in the superbowl. He is damaged goods, his knees are as brittle now as ever. Great veteran presece but not the same Branch we remember so unless we can get him for a 4th or less, we don't need him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

In Response to WR Trade?... how bout this!:
    [QUOTE]How about the Pats USING the WR's they already have....! Why the hell do they need to trade for anyone right now... Have any of you watched.... Hernandez:  This kid is already rediculous... Gronkowski:  Big, strong TE that has great hands... Tate: FAST.... Did I say FAST... Welker:  OH YEAH.... WELKER !! Edelman: Oh.... Just another Welker.... That's ALL... Posted by Patsfaninswflorida[/QUOTE]

I love our young guys, I really do! But if they don't bring in a vet, there are potentially a few issues:

1) The rooks are probably going to hit the wall in November.  Will there be enough play makers to make a run?

2) According to Brady a few weeks ago, they still only have 1 of the play books down, and that's not likely to change a lot during the season. So the offense is somewhat limited.

3) Most of these guys are slot guys, so they need Price to step up, and/or move one of the other receivers or tight ends to split out wide.  Otherwise teams are just going to load up the box and dare Brady to throw deep.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WR Trade?... how bout this! : I love our young guys, I really do! But if they don't bring in a vet, there are potentially a few issues: 1) The rooks are probably going to hit the wall in November.  Will there be enough play makers to make a run? 2) According to Brady a few weeks ago, they still only have 1 of the play books down, and that's not likely to change a lot during the season. So the offense is somewhat limited. 3) Most of these guys are slot guys, so they need Price to step up, and/or move one of the other receivers or tight ends to split out wide.  Otherwise teams are just going to load up the box and dare Brady to throw deep.
    Posted by ipats[/QUOTE]

If the Pats brought in a Veteran Wideout he would also have to learn the playbook and he would be at least 4-5 games behind the younger players who have also been through training camp....

These young guys are going to get better each week.... and with Moss gone they will have more opportunities...  Especially since Brady won't be distracted trying to always find Moss...

I don't think the Pats are going to trade for a WR.... they are stacked ... and they know it...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Why are these "alleged" Patrots fans  referring to other team's 2011 draft choices, that  have already been  traded to  NE- (example- "Oakland's # 1") ??? the transactions are history!! fact--- Patriots now have 8 in the first 4 rounds -- 2 in round 1, 2 in  round 2, 2 in  round 3, and 2 in round 4.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]It's time for Terrence Nunn ...  huh, who's with me?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]
    That ship has definitely sailed. Find a new boat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

I am getting tired of hearing that the Pats won three titles without great receivers.  People seem to forget they won them with an ELITE defense.  Compared to the SB winning teams, NE is allowing 10 more ppg with the current group of defenders.

I'm not saying the sky is falling, but the Pats defense will have to play way better if NE expects to be a true contender.

The Pats will miss Moss offensively.  The net result in yardage and points will end up lower than when Moss was around.

If superstar receivers actually hurt their teams, no team would want any superstar receiver.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

@www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=02a5a39e56069dbbaf7a4c242cb1d00a&plckUserId=02a5a39e56069dbbaf7a4c242cb1d00a" target="_parent">Patsfaninswflorida "I keep hearing that "these young players" are not yet proven and that's why we need to go out and trade for a veteran wideout...

Have any of you folks actually watched the games thus far?  ... or are you basing your opinions on the stats in the newspaper?

.... These kids are BALLERS ALREADY....  and they are going to get BETTER...."

The biggest thing to recognize is Brady's trust in these receivers. So far he trusts the TEs, but has not gone as much to Tate as he could have. Also Edelman has yet to be consistantly on the field and Price is still an unknown on game day.

I would love it when Brady's favorite receiver is the open receiver as that is what the team has had success with in the past.

Now I am sure the young guys are better than Reche Caldwell, but outside of Welker, we have no sure fire deep threat or even the likes of Givens, Patten or Troy Brown that we know of.

I believe BB has that trust in these guys and now it is up to the rest of the O to step up to protect Brady, the young guys to run great routes and get separation and give Brady the open receiver. The team is facing some of the strongest defenses in the league w Ravens, Steelers, jests, Vikings and Packers. So the O must perform at the top level in these games.

We are still not sure if the Pats are still the #1 offense they were w Moss, but if the O can still puts huge numbers on the board and the defense can improve each week to solidfy the wins, then the pats will make the playoffs.

If either of those two fail then the Pats will struggle.  Ironically, if special teams continue its success, that may be just the difference for the Pats to get in and upset a team or two in the playoffs.