WR UP FOR GRABS!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

WR UP FOR GRABS!!!!!!!

I know Moss, Wicked Welker and Galloway are lock's to make the the team. But who will be the next one's, and who is this Terrence Nunn? From what I have read in the last two practices he has made some great grabs....... Julian Edleman
    is also hot........could Greg Lewis be the odd man out?? Yes I know it's early into
    the training camp, just a thought!! What's up with Shawn Springs being winded,
    that's not good!!!???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: WR UP FOR GRABS!!!!!!!

I need to see Nunn in actual games before I jump on his bandwagon.  That said, it's always better to hear good things in camp than bad things.  Some people think we are fairly shallow at the WR position.  I really don't see that at all.  Unless all of the new additions stink, I think a lot of teams would be quite happy to have our "depth".  Heck, a team with one real good receiver is happy.  If they have two real good receivers they are ecstatic.  We have at least two, probably three, if we're lucky 4 good receivers.  Here is my take:

1. Moss.  Stud.
    2. Welker.  Stud.
    3. Galloway.  If healthy, will probably be very good.
    4. Lewis.  The last time we got a guy that always played us well, but we didn't know much about, his name was Welker.  Lewis could be a sleeper.
    5. If any of the rookies come through, we are going to be golden.  

If this is shallow then being shallow is good.  Maybe they are purely referencing quantity of WR's, not quality.

Offense is the least of my worries this year.  OK, it would be nuts to not have any concerns about Brady being re-injured, but 99% of the anxiety that I have about the team this year is on D.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: WR UP FOR GRABS!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I need to see Nunn in actual games before I jump on his bandwagon.  That said, it's always better to hear good things in camp than bad things.  Some people think we are fairly shallow at the WR position.  I really don't see that at all.  Unless all of the new additions stink, I think a lot of teams would be quite happy to have our "depth".  Heck, a team with one real good receiver is happy.  If they have two real good receivers they are ecstatic.  We have at least two, probably three, if we're lucky 4 good receivers.  Here is my take: 1. Moss.  Stud. 2. Welker.  Stud. 3. Galloway.  If healthy, will probably be very good. 4. Lewis.  The last time we got a guy that always played us well, but we didn't know much about, his name was Welker.  Lewis could be a sleeper. 5. If any of the rookies come through, we are going to be golden.   If this is shallow then being shallow is good.  Maybe they are purely referencing quantity of WR's, not quality. Offense is the least of my worries this year.  OK, it would be nuts to not have any concerns about Brady being re-injured, but 99% of the anxiety that I have about the team this year is on D.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]If you read Mike Reiss's columns you would know that the Patriots have an excellent group of recievers and that he really likes the kid from Kent State Julian Edelman he says he is fairly polished for a kid who spent his entire college career as a QB,Nunn was a 4 year starter at Nebraska and the last WR who played here in New England turned out to be pretty good ! Irving Fryer was his name....Another guy who may make the team is Brandon Tate from UNC the ex-Tarheel was the guy who made Hakeem Hicks look good by manning the other WR spot at UNC....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to WR UP FOR GRABS!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I know Moss, Wicked Welker and Galloway are lock's to make the the team. But who will be the next one's, and who is this Terrence Nunn? From what I have read in the last two practices he has made some great grabs....... Julian Edleman is also hot........could Greg Lewis be the odd man out?? Yes I know it's early into the training camp, just a thought!! What's up with Shawn Springs being winded, that's not good!!!???
    Posted by bradyslady12[/QUOTE]

Not much out there on this guy. Signed as a FA this year. If BB lkes him, so do I!

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=33683

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

"Team insiders are trying not to brag about Brandon Tate, who they believe could be one of the big steals of this year's draft."

This quote was in multiple stories recently.  I think midway through the season, Tate could be activated, and we could start to see him integrated on special teams, then offense.  He's dynamite when healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Julian Edelman seems to have a case of the dropsies in camp so far, not a good trait for a slot receiver...  if he could hold on to some of those passes he might have a chance to do something with it.  WR is the least of our concerns as long as they stay healthy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Give Edelman time, he's playing receiver literally for the first time.  His hands will improve as he goes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

According to the camp reports Edelman was catching passes fine but dropping punts. It can't be easy catching NFL punts when you've never caught of any kind in your life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

[QUOTE]I know Moss, Wicked Welker and Galloway are lock's to make the the team. But who will be the next one's, and who is this Terrence Nunn? From what I have read in the last two practices he has made some great grabs....... Julian Edleman is also hot........could Greg Lewis be the odd man out?? Yes I know it's early into the training camp, just a thought!! What's up with Shawn Springs being winded, that's not good!!!???

Stick to your soap operas you clueless BROAD!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WR UP FOR GRABS!!!!!!! : Stick to your soap operas you clueless BROAD!
    Posted by cwoods7977[/QUOTE]

No need to be an a-hole! At least she is posting about football, and not the myriad of off-topic subjects we've been bantering around here for the last few months! If you do not like her choice of subject, simply do not reply. This is actually one of the few threads NOT about a "soap opera" issue! Sounds like I've found another troll lurking in the shadows!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to WR UP FOR GRABS!!!!!!! : Stick to your soap operas you clueless BROAD!
    Posted by cwoods7977[/QUOTE]

Didn't anyone ever tell you to treat a lady with respect. Bradyslady has been here for awhile now and she knows her football. As far you are concerned we all know you're a dirtbag.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Intelligent guess.  Somebody has to take the fall.  Lewis has a slight help in that perhaps Nunn, an undrafted rook, can be sneaked onto the practice squad.  In the end BB will take six receivers if they all can play.  Still that may not save Lewis if he juggles a bit too much. 

That 'phobe who resorted to thoughtless sexist bullying belongs on some unemployment line.  Let's hope someone traces out his real name and then his current boss identifies him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

That 'phobe who resorted to thoughtless sexist bullying belongs on some unemployment line.  Let's hope someone traces out his real name and then his current boss identifies him.

He's probably an unemployed troll who is posting from his mother's basement somewhere. While she's out turning tricks to pay for rent, food, and internet access!!!

Sections
Shortcuts