Wright to IR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Wright to IR

Too bad. I hope this isn't the end for Mike Wright. Forget the fact that this defense is better on 3rd down with him there, it is just a terrible thing to lose two seasons to concussions, and it doesn't bode well for his future. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Shocking......................not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Sorry to hear about Mike Wright.  His is a great story.  A guy who made the roster playing special teams and as a backup DL.  I'm not glad to see him on IR, but I am glad that there are options in Brace and Deaderick coming off the PUP.  And as others mention, it's time for Cunningham to play like he did at times last year when he showed that he deserved some snaps.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

The bigger question is what happens next week.  Which of the 3 P.U.P. guys gets activated, and is there a corresponding roster shift (for example if faulk is activated is woody or vereen IR'd).  The pats are using the last 1 or 2 spots on the roster as injury insurance week to week.  If Volmer is finally back that solidifies the OL.  DB and DL are the most nicked up.  Is deadrick or Brace the permanent answer at the expense of the roster "flexibility"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Wright, a good guy, a hard worker, and all I can hope is that he takes care of himself....as we have seen, long term, ex-players with serious concussion histories...have had a very difficult time down the road...here's to hoping he avoids that!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Wright to IR:
    Just heard on Patriots radio. Sad but expected.
    Posted by pezz4pats

Unfortunately, yes...it was expected. In all likelihood, his NFL career is over. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Wright to IR:
    There's plenty of Pats football left for him next season and beyond. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Get real. There's as much a chance of this as there is of Peyton Manning returning 100%...next year and beyond.

Once a player starts having problems with concussions, he's done. This is especially true now, with the new player safety rules in place.  

Sections
Shortcuts