Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year

Thats what the compensation picks are for.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Chalk one up for the ole timer...me. Mallett is a steal in the 3rd.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

nice call, NMPL.  and i like the fact you dusted it off for everybody.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

If Mallet succeeds he will prove everyone wrong (except you). It takes great courage, humility and wisdom to transcend one's fate. Generally, one cannot do this alone and it usually takes a crisis of some kind to precipitate change. Brady could be a great mentor that Mallet could rely on, is Mallet up for the journey? We'll see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Sure am glad I am not one of those numbn#ts who told you how stupid you were.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Hey, walk with me as we take a walk down memory lane on this fine spring day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

My favorite part of this thread was people talking about grabbing Newton in the second round.  I forgot how quickly his stock rose.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

wait a min they didn't take him in the 2nd and definitly not with #33 so where's my money, lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Boy was I stupid.  LOL.  Nice that they got him with the pick they acquired from Minnesota for Randy Moss. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One thing is for sure, they won't be taking a QB this year Laughing

BTW, good call NMPL. 

This thread is kind of funny to read now, especially the comments about Cam.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Thanks for humoring me, at my age victories get few and far between!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Congrats  NMPL ,

Granted you were right about Pats taking Mallette ...

Juries still out whether it was a solid move or not.

In hindsight if there was a redo in round 3  - you still might take the useless-for-now Qb in the 3rd round ( # 74 overall ) but my guess is BB would pass on him in favor of D-backfield help ...most notably a guy like the Bears rookie safety Chris Conte ( 3rd round #94 ) a player who ended up being named to the 2011 All-Rookie Team by Pro Football Weekly and the Pro Football Writers of America and just might have helped us keep the G-men out of the end zone .

We didnt need Mallete last year ...and may never need him.

Can't say the same about the safety position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Mallet is your starter in 3/4 years.

Mallet will be # 2 this season.

I watch a lot of football, too much according to my wife.

Did you ever see Mallet play?

A strong arm is an UNDERSTATEMENT!

He throws darts into areas that very few QB's can. He courageous in the pocket and his team LOVED him.

He has (d) poor footwork, easily fixed. He is a bit immature. He was ambushed by the drinking and Mary Jane story unfairly (I think)

He was not ready this year, he would have failed if he started somewhere.

BB knows exactly what he’s doing with this kid. And when he does start, and he will, you will be stunned by the power and accuracy of his arm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year:
    [QUOTE]Mallet is your starter in 3/4 years. Mallet will be # 2 this season. I watch a lot of football, too much according to my wife. Did you ever see Mallet play? A strong arm is an UNDERSTATEMENT! He throws darts into areas that very few QB's can. He courageous in the pocket and his team LOVED him.   He has (d) poor footwork, easily fixed. He is a bit immature. He was ambushed by the drinking and Mary Jane story unfairly (I think)   He was not ready this year, he would have failed if he started somewhere.   BB knows exactly what he’s doing with this kid. And when he does start, and he will, you will be stunned by the power and accuracy of his arm.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right. I'm looking forward to see how much he has progressed, during the upcoming preseason games.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Great call man!

I called the Haynesworth trade!.... wait, should I be gloating about that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Great call, though I think folks were right to say it was a year early, but by round three the value was just too great to pass up. Pluto also had a good call on Dalton - certainly year one he outperformed all but Newton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Wait a year - try to get the QB from Stanford
    Posted by kildog[/QUOTE]
    We may have to trade up a bit to get him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

i bet they are happy with the qbs they have

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

lol, that was a good call man..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

So, how did you figure that one out? What led you to that conclusion?

I never thought BB would select a QB like Mallet in the 3rd round but when he pulled the trigger I saw it as a great value play. Genius!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Being a Chemist I used the law of 95% certainty based on tracked history of prior performance.

Well……actually it came down to “even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile”

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]Mallet is your starter in 3/4 years. Mallet will be # 2 this season. I watch a lot of football, too much according to my wife. Did you ever see Mallet play? A strong arm is an UNDERSTATEMENT! He throws darts into areas that very few QB's can. He courageous in the pocket and his team LOVED him.   He has (d) poor footwork, easily fixed. He is a bit immature. He was ambushed by the drinking and Mary Jane story unfairly (I think)   He was not ready this year, he would have failed if he started somewhere.   BB knows exactly what he’s doing with this kid. And when he does start, and he will, you will be stunned by the power and accuracy of his arm.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I actually caught that when it happened and I thought 2 things immediately:

1) "wow, he really didn't handle that well at ALL"

but more importantly,

2) "what an absolute and total d o u c h e b a g that reporter is!". They way he asked, then reasked was a joke. Hack reporting at it's finest, but the guy got his story.

I was honestly shocked at how much it was covered, it really wasn't a big deal. Not like he went all ryan Leaf on the guy, he was obviously p i s s e d and got a litle rude, and you'd like to see a QB handle that better, but he was a kid, and still is! Sometimes that seems lost as all these 35-55 year old reporters rip the character of a 20 year old. I'm sure these clowns were all good little students, and getting to bed nice and early in journalism school when they were 20. No, more likely they are jealous never-weres that want to poke holes in the lives they WISH they had...just to make themselves feel a little better (Borges!).

Sections
Shortcuts