Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year

Perfect spot to do it
    Perfect time to do it
    Enough picks to do it

Ryan Mallett will be there top of 2nd round, would be a solid grab. Good size, great arm. Needs a couple of seasons to be ready so that works. Has a very good upside.

Brady will be 34, retires at 37/38. I don't see him being Brett Farve and hanging on too long. Tom has many options after football so I'm making the call.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year

I'll put my yearly salary against yours that they don't take Mallett with #33

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

cam newton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In Response to Re: Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year:
    [QUOTE]I'll put my yearly salary against yours that they don't take Mallett with #33
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    Not saying they take him per say, although I'm telling you it would be a brillant move. He may even be there mid second. There are several others who would be soild too. I'm just sayin' it happens, the time is right for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Write it down, PATS take a QB early this year:
    [QUOTE]Perfect spot to do it Perfect time to do it Enough picks to do it Ryan Mallett will be there top of 2nd round, would be a solid grab. Good size, great arm. Needs a couple of seasons to be ready so that works. Has a very good upside. Brady will be 34, retires at 37/38. I don't see him being Brett Farve and hanging on too long. Tom has many options after football so I'm making the call.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

In other years, maybe. This year, with all their needs? NFW!

Round 6 or 7 maybe but not the second round.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]They have the picks to do it but I think you may be a year early.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    We may not be as well stacked with picks next year. Also these 4 or 5 kids are big, strong, and throw well. they are just not ready yet and need a year or two to develop but have big upsides. That's why they are late first round early mid second round picks.
    Please read up on them and you will see why the timing is right.
    We take defense with the 2 first rounders, the carolina pick is a gift. I personally love Mallett and I would do it now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Hoyer is the man

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Cam Newton????  wow too many exhaust fumes!  IMHO that would be a wasted pick @ 33

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Phil what a changeup he would be from TB ~ A runner with an arm....seriously it's not what the Pats need....just throwing his name out there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Mallett has some serious baggage.    There is talk about his ability to read defenses not to mention his off the field issues.  From what I've read about him the scouts that watch film will run away.  The off field issues can be dismissed with solid interviews.

Has all the tools.  Just needing a brain to go with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think Hoyer right now is our best shot as a second string QB. I still cant understand why he didnt get put in more in some of the blowout games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Tenacioust why don't you ask Tenacioust for his/her opinion

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

At first I thought Colin Kaepernick (kid from Nevada ;spelling error on last name) in the 3rd. Two to three years seems to be the ideal amount of time for tutoring a rookie QB. It would shock alot of people if the Patriots went after Newton or Mallette.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

write it down, another stupid prediction.

Write it down, Larry Fitz will be a pat.
    Write it down, We are going to sign Lamaar Woodley.
    blah,blah,blah. Face it, you don't know squat when it comes to the patriots. None of us do. Why? None of us are BB.
    Write it down, BB always proves everybody wrong when it comes to the draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]"The Patriots will take a QB early this year" OK I will certainly take your advice and write this down. This should help help me greatly. See I'm pitching this show to ABC called "Stupid S$%@ Trolls Say" and I need some completely ignorant quotes. This one will do nicely.
    Posted by tenacioust[/QUOTE]
    Write this down: BEST POSTER EVER!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Wait a year - try to get the QB from Stanford

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

Well it's not a terrible idea, particularly one with different dimensions that Brady.  How about (and legitimately) Andy Dalton from TCU?  Smart, high character, a proven winner, mobile, fairly accurate, team leader.  Would do well with a few years being groomed behind Brady.  Could be had in the 3rd round (too low IMHO, but likely where he will go).  Thoughts?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

someone once said Mallett = Ryan Leaf.  I thought it a great analogy.

Dalton would be a pick I would be interested in.  Kinda under the radar.  I'm not sure about his arm strength but we'll see some of that come the combine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It won't be early but i bet they pick one in the 6th round or get a FA rookie

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plluto29. Show Plluto29's posts

Forget about Mallett or Newton.  A. Dalton is the QB that I would draft and keep as the 3rd Stringer/Potential heir apparent to Brady.  I like Hoyer as the current Back-up but he will want to move his career forward with another team before Brady hangs them up for good.  Dalton, I thought, showed excellent skills and, as a late second/3rd rounder, gives the Pats excellent value.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Apparently people who bring up taking a QB in this year's draft don't really follow the Patriots.  Ryan Mallett?  Belichick only wants a QB who he knows is accurate and smart.  Mallett is not that guy and he is trying to groom undrafted Brian Hoyer.  Maybe not to be the replacement but he obviously likes the guy enough to groom for the system they run.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Let's see now, BB spends a sixth rounder, gets one of the most prolific passers in NFL history, sets the NFL record twice for most victories in a row, sets the NFL record for most passes without an interception.

Then BB spends a seventh rounder on Cassel, the guy goes 11-5, gets franchised as a QB and on top of that nets BB a #34 pick.

Then BB discovers, what the hey, a walk-on free agent is good enough to back up Brady.  In comes Brian Hoyer.

Picking up a QB with a sixth or seventh rounder would be true to form, and it would follow a pattern that has brought BB many victories in the past.  I sure hope the other 31 teams don't catch on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'm just sayin' it happens, the time is right for it"

Wrong. You don't understand how BB thinks at all. He probably will draft a QB but in the 6th or 7th round as Paul K predicts. Why draft a QB early when you have proven you can do it late? 

Unfortunately your desire to see some hulking beefcake carrying a clipboard up and down the sidelines takes the back seat to what the team actually needs and what BB will actually do.